No announcement yet.

Constantine Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantine Cancelled

NBC canned it. Who knows if SyFy would want it but for now its dead.

They said that WB is shopping it around to other networks.

Comment

Ya might work better on SyFy. Cancelled a few good shows and the new series coming next year dont really have me that excited. Just the superhero ones.

Comment

There have been reports that Syfy is interested in the show. Hope that turns out to b true. Otherwise itll end up being the only DC show to be canceled. Really sad too since Constantine had a bad time this season. It got its ep order cut and then was in a holding pattern until the news today.

Comment

well Wonderwoman and Aquaman got canned before it even got started.

Comment

Deadline suggests that Fox might pick it up. The producer is pushing hard for The CW on his Twitter, though.

Comment

It makes since Fox might get Lucifer.

I guess the reason they are pushing for CW is so they can make it crossover with Arrow and Flash. They wanted to crossover when they had a comic con panel together.

Edit * One problem with CW is they already have Supernatural which has borrowed a lot from Constantine over the years.

Comment

Not sure CW would pick it up cause its already fully packed. maybe fox since i just heard the following got canned.

Comment

CW i doubt it since they canned Darkside yesterday before it even premiered. Fox could do well with it but my guess remains Syfy since theyve been chomping at the bit for it for awhile it seems.

Comment

Sad but kinda figured. Reports indicated that it wasn't doing so well ratings wise.

Ah well. ALMOST got a live action version of Dr. Fate. Sigh. Maybe someday.

On the plus side, how epic would a FLASH, CONSTANTINE, AND SUPERNATURAL cross over would be? (Dream, I know guys)

Comment

I really wanted to see Spectre in live action.

Comment

The showrunners are campaigning The CW hard on social media. Several CW actors including Joseph Morgan and Mark Sheppard have offered to guest star if it gets picked up. Even William Shatner offered to guest star.

Adding fuel to the fire is the news that DC was planning on connecting Constantine to Arrow before this:

Amell continued, “Now, Constantine was an NBC show. I’m on The CW. I had had discussions with DC… so not NBC, not CW… but with DC Entertainment about guest starring on Constantine when it was still on the air. And that was and is still on the table."

But what would have led Arrow to appear on Constantine? Amell explained, “The reason that I was going to guest star on Constantine, at least the idea that we were throwing around was he’s an expert when it comes to the Lazarus Pit, which is now something that is a part of and will continue to be a part of Arrow.”

Comment

Disappointing to hear that the show got cancelled. Even though the show had its flaws, it was still entertaining! It provided a very different look into the DC comics world that we hadn't really seen on TV in a live action capacity yet. I really do hope the show gets picked up by another network at some point. Fingers crossed everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by gmster
                            The showrunners are campaigning The CW hard on social media. Several CW actors including Joseph Morgan and Mark Sheppard have offered to guest star if it gets picked up. Even William Shatner offered to guest star.

Adding fuel to the fire is the news that DC was planning on connecting Constantine to Arrow before this:

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/09/arro...sover-reveals/
                            Well atleast with Arrow still on the air maybe Constantine can show up on Arrow rather than the other way around. Maybe something that can happen next season.

Comment

Meh. It was basically supernatural 2.0 TV wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎