No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Grodd Lives?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
    Exactly. It's one thing to discover that you might have feelings for somebody else... but another thing entirely to act on those feelings without even telling the person you're currently with.

If the roles had been reversed with Eddie discovering that he might be in love with somebody else, I would had wanted him to tell Iris that first before he acted on his feelings. So this way they could separate for a time while Eddie figures out who he loves more, etc. This way it wouldn't had been cheating if Eddie choose to act on his feelings for the other person.

Likewise I would want Iris to do the same exact thing with Eddie. This way nobody ends up looking like a cheating scumbag... but they get the chance to figure out their feelings for the two people that they're in love with.
    She didn't have the opportunity. She had just realized it.
    Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    I know I'm very late to the party but I thought I'd post my thoughts anyway.

I really loved Iris during some of this episode. Her whole scene with Joe? Perfect. That's the Iris I wish we'd had all along. Her lines about being safer in the know? So true. Then I felt she blew it when she was yelling at Team Flash at the Lab about how they save people everyday and why can't they this time? She came across as kind of whiny to me then. I am really really glad, however, that she didn't say "I love you" to Barry when she was pepping him up. I feared she would.
    Why? It was a perfectly reasonable question.
    Originally posted by Backwards Galaxy
    Strongly disagree.
    Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
    I strongly agree with you on this.
    For some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
      Why? It was a perfectly reasonable question.
      It just seemed like she should have known that of course they were trying their best to fix it/find Joe (and Eddie). And if she knew that, why ask why they weren't doing anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
        It just seemed like she should have known that of course they were trying their best to fix it/find Joe (and Eddie). And if she knew that, why ask why they weren't doing anything?
        Eh. It just seemed like a question to me. And something a person would ask in a worried state.

Comment

This is one of the rare times where I actually agree with Dagenspear. in that one scene her comment was perfectly understandable even if it made her seem a little bit annoying.

After all, her loved ones were missing and it's all too easy for people to become a little irrational to the point where they might angrily blow up in the face of somebody who were trying to help. Take real life for instance... I have a relative on the extended branch of my family tree who happens to be a detective who specializes in missing cases. He's often told me how hard it is to specialize in missing cases... and how common it is that the relatives of a missing child or person often turn to him as a scrape-goat for their pain. The parents of missing children often point their fingers at him and complain how useless he seems to be, if he hadn't found their child yet and it's taking too long for their tastes. They just want their child back NOW, but real life doesn't work like that. so they tend to vent their frustrations via negative comments, and in other ways.

Now, Iris isn't a parent but her father and fiancé is missing... so there's a lot of similar pain there. Moreso when there's an literal superhero right there... and aren't superheroes always supposed to save the day in the nick of time? Iris probably kind of idolized the flash in her own way... so it's probably a huge shock to not only find out that the flash is Barry, but that the Flash is flawed and human after all.

Comment

This is one of the rare times where I actually agree with Dagenspear. in that one scene her comment was perfectly understandable even if it made her seem a little bit annoying.

After all, her loved ones were missing and it's all too easy for people to become a little irrational to the point where they might angrily blow up in the face of somebody who were trying to help. Take real life for instance... I have a relative on the extended branch of my family tree who happens to be a detective who specializes in missing cases. He's often told me how hard it is to specialize in missing cases... and how common it is that the relatives of a missing child or person often turn to him as a scrape-goat for their pain. The parents of missing children often point their fingers at him and complain how useless he seems to be, if he hadn't found their child yet and it's taking too long for their tastes. They just want their child back NOW, but real life doesn't work like that. so they tend to vent their frustrations via negative comments, and in other ways.

Now, Iris isn't a parent but her father and fiancé is missing... so there's a lot of similar pain there. Moreso when there's an literal superhero right there... and aren't superheroes always supposed to save the day in the nick of time? Iris probably kind of idolized the flash in her own way... so it's probably a huge shock to not only find out that the flash is Barry, but that the Flash is flawed and human after all.
            I didn't get blow up from it at all. It just seemed like a question.

Comment

I loved what they did with Iris in this episode... this was the Iris I wanted to see all season, and we finally got her. She reacted to things in an realistic manner. She wasn't too mary-sueish in how she suddenly just knew things like Lana Lang did (as somebody else pointed out). Instead, she had a good reason for knowing about certain things, thanks to her job.
              And most of all, I loved how she was bringing up the exact problems Fans had with the "secrets and lies" plotline, and effectively shut down both Joe's and Barry's excuses about why they didn't tell her. She didn't act hysterical about the whole thing... instead she was appropriately calm but upset that they didn't tell her.
              Yes, this is how I felt about Iris too in this episode and now that she knows the truth I want to see more of it going into Season 2.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎