0 0%
  • 1 - Badder than a member of the League of Assassins

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Al Sah-Him?"

What did you think?

New In Town
    Ir was unbelievable. An amazing episode. The worst scene of it was when Ra's al Ghul told Nyssa that she would marry Al Sah-him, and thus to become Bride of the Demon...

In a word: wow!

I'm going to catch the west coast feed and see it again, but on first impressions this was a pretty good episode. They are ramping up the action towards the season finale. Ra's Al Ghul can do no wrong as a character/antagonist as S3 wraps up. Just when you think he can do no more to throw Ollie, the team and even Nyssa off-balance, he pulls this move.

On the Olicity front, I still find it amusing that Ra's has a hand in both accelerating the ship to its, umm, climax -- and potentially throwing a Nyssa-sized wrench into it all within a few episodes. Felicity herself was ok in this ep., considering she's still mourning the end of Olicity as it stood before the dawn of Al Sah-him. The sooner shipping melodrama wraps up, the better. But the rare Felicity-Thea moment was a nice touch.

The flashbacks were par for the course, but at least here there's a more direct connection to what happens in this episode.

Laurel and Nyssa bonding was a great scene and Laurel's moments this ep. were solid. I know all the buzz is about the Canary Cry (which was awesome to see), but I'd say this was the icing on a pretty substantial Laurel character-building cake this ep. While I'm not a fan of secrets and lies, at least here Laurel had a good reason for keeping essentially a "sorry you didn't get the job"-level secret from Nyssa. Identity has been a season-long theme for many of the characters, and Nyssa reassessing hers also reinforces this theme.

Ra's is a villain you must love to hate, hate to love, however you want to spin it. The opening sequence was really cool, as the League methodically broke down the Oliver Queen identity. The League-centric story lines (and Ra's and Nyssa in particular) will be the ones I'll point to as highlights of a sometimes-erratic season, if not the highlight.

Forum Regular
    as President_Luther said, wow!
    The climax of the opening scene where Oliver appeared to kill Diggle, made me lose it, i mean i knew it probably wasnt real and was part of the league brainwashing, but still seeing oliver that coldly kill who he believed was diggle really made me scream WTF!.
    Laurels scenes in this episode were probably my favorite of the season, i wasnt a big fan of her in season 2, and was off and on in season 3 so far and with this episode i really liked all the scenes she was in including the one between her trying to 'normalize' nyssa at a diner with some burgers and fries.
    Felicity wasnt her usual season 3 whiney righteous self this episode so that was good. Love the connection we are now getting with the flashbacks and present day, and also what appears to be the set up for season 4 with the damien darkh reference. Now with Ras using the Alpha and Omega one only has to wonder what part that will play in Maseo seeing as how his son was essentially taken by that and we have already seen Maseo's former self show through several times helping oliver.
    Thea was awesome this episode loved that she shows up to save the team and has no problem shooting Al Sahim to save them. and as for the wedding, i called that after the midseason finale seeing they were headed to the "daughter of the demon" route. but i think it will probably be nyssa who snaps oliver back to reality by seasons end

What I want to see is when Oliver eventually snaps out of this, how will team arrow and company every forgive Oliver

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by adromidon View Post
    What I want to see is when Oliver eventually snaps out of this, how will team arrow and company every forgive Oliver
    the same reason they forgave thea for killing sara, and roy for killing the officers. Oliver has been brain washed by Ra's hes not acting like himself.. they will probably understand how tore up he is gonna be with himself for letting it happen

At this stage, there's really no point in complaining about the obvious flaws of the show (like Laurel holding her own against LOA members, Thea becoming an ace in archery overnight, the ridiculous amount of screentime given to Felicity, Emily's constantly woeful dramatic acting, the consistent use of cheap plot devices like magic herbs and tracking devices, etc etc) . They are not the kind that can be fixed from one week to the next anymore.

The Oliver storyline doesn't interest me a great deal. Maybe because [SPOILER] we know Oliver will appear in the penultimate Flash episode and he won't be braiwashed anymore. One of the flaws with having characters cross over... [/SPOILER]

This episode was a mere set up for the last two and on that end, it wasn't as insulting as others this season. It had some nice positives like the Laurel/Nyssa scenes, pissed off Diggle, the nods at the villain for next season and, of course, Katrina Law.

5/10
    Last edited by costas22; 04-30-2015 at 03:19 AM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    At this stage, there's really no point in complaining about the obvious flaws of the show (like Laurel holding her own against LOA members, Thea becoming an ace in archery overnight, the ridiculous amount of screentime given to Felicity, Emily's constantly woeful dramatic acting, the consistent use of cheap plot devices like magic herbs and tracking devices, etc etc) . They are not the kind that can be fixed from one week to the next anymore.
    Thea has done extensive archery training with malcolm, this was already known, also in season 1 she had archery trophys that you could see in the mansion. As for laurel she might have held her own but she still got her ass kicked and she has been training with nyssa for the last few months based on the timeline, for a show based on super heroes a few months of training could do it justice. As for the flash episode with Ra's Ollie Ghul no longer being brain washed, we dont know that, for all we know the league could see wells as a threat that needs to be dealt with and oliver still under league mind control could just be there to do work for the league and stop a threat. (its doubtful but possible) and as for the magic herbs it seemed to be more of a nod at batman begins this time around, a little bit more so then the vertigo episodes.

New In Town
    You are damn right sreamthepoetry. Honestly, I think Oliver is just acting out, so he could destroy the League from the inside. If not, then Oliver's only redemption will be Felicity. As in NZ promo, Tatsu told Felicity that she had to fight for Oliver, because she loves him. And love is the most powerful emotion, as once Oliver said to her. I deeply believe that her love will save him.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post

The Oliver storyline doesn't interest me a great deal. Maybe because [SPOILER] we know Oliver will appear in the penultimate Flash episode and he won't be braiwashed anymore. One of the flaws with having characters cross over... [/SPOILER]

5/10
    I think the problem with watching spoilers, is that people get disappointed when the episode airs.

I loved this episode. It kept me on my toes for the full 42 minutes.

"Al Sah-Him" was so much better than last week's episode, and I have very few complaints this time around.

They connected Damien Darhk to the LoA, so now his rumored role in Season 4 makes sense. I wondered how they would fit him and H.I.V.E. in to the show. Ra's never actually called it that by name; however, he did connect Darhk's organization to previous events in Season 2, which I think everyone knows H.I.V.E. was responsible.

After Lyla was taken, Diggle's demeanor changed quickly. It was just a small glimpse of what he'll do when his family is in danger. Now, imagine if he lost them. Diggle would go to the ends of the earth to hunt down the ones responsible and probably kill them. Anyway, the problem I had was that he blamed the wrong person. Nyssa had nothing to do with it. I believe Diggle knew this, but she was the easiest person to blame. It's not like he could confront Oliver or Ra's at the time.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting tired of Felicity crying all the time. Not very many actors are good at crying and, unfortunately, EBR isn't the exception. It's been a recurring theme most of the season. When do you think it will end? The season finale? Hopefully.

Some minor issues: Thea shot Oliver in the arm, but he didn't seem affected afterward. He didn't do any fighting after that, so it's not a big deal. The marriage thing was predictable, but it probably won't amount to much either way.

Lastly, I'd be okay if Thea left Starling City to start a life with Roy. That will never happen, though. As long as she doesn't become Oliver's sidekick (Speedy), I'll be happy. Maybe she'll get pregnant and fulfill the role of Cheshire instead. Again, unlikely.

Forum Whiz
    It was a good episode but there were two things that really bothered me.

Firstly, this brainwashing. In a few weeks Oliver just seems like any other assassin in the League yet the other characters we have seen in the League - Sara, Nyssa and Maseo - all act/acted with some sort of compassion whilst Oliver doesn't, Maseo to a lesser extent though. It just seemed odd that they would have this transition so quickly. I don't know if it was a writing issue or an issue with the acting but Oliver could have acted like the things he was doing gave him some torment. But he just had the same facial expressions throughout the whole episode.

Then in the flashbacks when Oliver, Maseo and Tatsu blew up the truck. That made absolutely no sense. The virus was first released when Oliver accidentally broke it. Now they blew up the truck to get rid of the virus? The virus is airborne so blowing up the truck would just have made the situation worse.

Whilst Felicity and Oliver were irritating, everyone else was great, particularly Diggle and Nyssa although I wish she wasn't overpowered so easily.

So I watched this again - I do not think he is brainwashed - reasoning is that when he fought the Diggle vision, he had no qualms about impaling him on a sword. the second fight, he hesitated. he gave Diggle time to talk, and Thea shot him. he also hesitated when he had the first opportunity to kill Nyssa.
    I do not think there is mindless following of Ra's - he looked confused when Maseo mentioned that "IT" was not with her. Also, the final shot with Oliver and Nyssa - he did not look happy at all. If he mindlessly followed Ra's, he would not have minded the marriage.
    I love felicity. A little of her awkwardness came through again.

New In Town
    ^ I had similar thoughts. The episode brought to miind the book Wizard's First Rule in which the protagonist appeared to have been broken and brainwashed but had really suppressed his true self until he was given access to the very thing that would destroy his enemy.

As as for the virus - the trailer for next week's episode has Tatsu with the team outside Nanda Parbat. Why is she there and how did she come in contact with them? Has Maseao tipped her off about Ra's wanting to release the virus in Starling City? (I'm hoping it's something along these lines. I'm routing for Maseao to get free of the League and his deep depression).

I got a couple of chuckles with Thea threatening to shoot Oliver's eye out (must run in the family) and Felicity being the weapons cache again (using Oliver's own tactics against him).

Quark: the virus was killed by the fire. It's the ultimate cleanser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast