Logan (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm. Interesting. In a good way.

Comment

Well this that trailer for sure looks good.

It's nice to see they are getting back to a more "grounded, basics approach" and less of a constant never ending world ending events you seem to find well everywhere today.

Comment

This trailer gave me some serious goosebumps... It looks amazing! Johnny Cash song fits beautifully with this character.

Comment

Using that song in a trailer, show, or movie is cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
            Using that song in a trailer, show, or movie is cheating.
            LOL

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks incredible.

Comment

Comment

Is it just me or does Wolverine look a lot like Mel Gibson in recent years?

Comment

Doesn't really jump out at me, but I can see it. Yeah.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Saw it a few hours ago. Thought it was pretty lackluster. Was expecting something more from Jackman's last outing as a character, he began playing 17 years before. Instead, you pretty much just follow him around for two hours [SPOILER]then he dies.[/SPOILER] The whole thing with [SPOILER]Laura/X-23 and the kids aren't really resolved. They just walk away.[/SPOILER] Nor the matter that [SPOILER]there's been no new mutants born in 25 years, due to genetically engineered food. All it does in paint future X-Men movies and TV shows into a corner, where no mutants can be born post-2004.[/SPOILER]
                              Last edited by jon-el87; 03-01-2017, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I beg to differ. That was the best X-Men movie/best Wolverine movie of the bunch to this point. It was a perfect ending to Hugh Jackman's 17yr run as Wolverine and Patrick Stewart last as Professor Charles Xavier. It was a personal story about the realities of aging, friendship, purpose, responsibility and connection.

[SPOILER] I was choked up at Charles' death at the hands of Logan's clone; then the burial as Logan was fighting back his tears trying to say his final goodbye. Though, did that entire family have to die? They were innocent victims; after all the other violent scenes that seems like it was overkill.

Anyway...

Those action scenes were violently brilliant, especially with Laura; she could handle herself and she may have been better than Logan himself. She was Wolverine to a tee. I'm happy that the made her Hispanic. Though, I was beginning to think that they purposely weren't going to have her speak not because she may have been mute but, because it was some kind of running joke throughout the movie offscreen and/or at the peripheral. And I know she's supposed to be have been Logan's clone but, I couldn't help but to think that she looked like Famke (Jean Grey); if it was deliberate, good casting.

Oh, the X-Men comic books Laura reads was very meta. It actually worked very well into the film.

The kids where bada$$, even if they were only used at the end of the movie. It was also funny how they shaved Logan to make him look like his comic book version. I want to know what happens next with them.

And finally...

That ending was bitter sweet. There was no other way this movie could have ended. He died fighting the "Wolverine" (a relentless animalistic beast) and by that sentiment it was perfect. Laura only knew him for a few days but, you felt her lose. I wonder who's idea was that?
                                [/SPOILER]

And even after all that, they found a way to pass the torch to the next Wolverine (Laura/X23) and quite possibly the next generation of X-Men. Yes, there are things left unresolved/to explore, which is why it's ripe for a Laura/X23 spinoff.

Originally posted by jon-el87
                                [SPOILER]there's been no new mutants born in 25 years, due to genetically engineered food. All it does in paint future X-Men movies and TV shows into a corner, where no mutants can be born post-2004.[/SPOILER]
                                The one thing about X-Men movies (specifically the solo Wolverine movies) that is consistent is that continuity is not so, that is very minor in the grand scheme of things.
                                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-05-2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎