No announcement yet.

Logan (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan (2017)

Michael Green has been tapped to write the third standalone Wolverine movie for 20th Century Fox. The project will be the last outing as the famed anti-hero for actor Hugh Jackman, who recently announced his departure from the Marvel universe via his Instagram account.

Rumor also has it that this film will mark the end of Bryan Singer's X-Men universe.

Patrick Stewart will officially reprise his role as Professor X in Hugh Jackman's last Wolverine movie

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15...atrick-stewart

Comment

Wolverine 3 recently begun filming in New Orleans, but details have been kept under wraps since its announcement, including who Wolverine will be facing off with in the movie. According to Nerdist News (spoiler alert) Logan might be facing off against the Reavers, a group of cyborg mercenaries who hate mutantkind. In the comics, the X-Men defeated them in the Australian outback, but the Reavers were later re-assembled under the leadership of Donald Pierce, a member of the infamous Hellfire Club and a cyborg himself. Boyd Holbrook was cast as the main villain, described by Variety as “the chief of security for a global corporation pursuing” Wolverine. We also know that Richard E. Grant is playing a mad scientist-type villain with Nerdist suggesting he could be playing Pierce, while Holbrook’s “global corporation” could be the Hellfire Club.
      http://collider.com/wolverine-3-villains-movie-talk/

Comment

Wasn't Shaw in First Class head of Hellfire Club? I thought it died with him. Or did they never actually call it that in the film?

Comment

Based on the X-Men: Apocalypse post-credit scene (which I'm assuming is a teaser for this movie, not the next X-Men movie), Logan will face [SPOILER]Mister Sinister[/SPOILER]. I'm also speculating that [SPOILER]the vial with Logan's blood, will be used to create X-23.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
            Based on the X-Men: Apocalypse post-credit scene (which I'm assuming is a teaser for this movie, not the next X-Men movie), Logan will face [SPOILER]Mister Sinister[/SPOILER]. I'm also speculating that [SPOILER]the vial with Logan's blood, will be used to create X-23.[/SPOILER]
            Couldn't that just have been a teaser for the next X-Men film, though?

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
              Couldn't that just have been a teaser for the next X-Men film, though?
              I have considered that. However, we're less than a year away from Wolverine 3, while the next X-Men team film has not yet been officially announced. Seems only logical, that they'd tease the nearest instalment of the franchise, rather than to include something that locks future movies down with a specific plot (again).

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                I have considered that. However, we're less than a year away from Wolverine 3, while the next X-Men team film has not yet been officially announced. Seems only logical, that they'd tease the nearest instalment of the franchise, rather than to include something that locks future movies down with a specific plot (again).
                I don't view another X-Men film as anything but a given. Despite my misgivings with respect to their latest effort, the franchise is pretty healthy. They also greenlit a Deadpool sequel, so X-23 could easily show up in that. Wolverine 3 is also heavily rumored to be an adaptation of Old Man Logan. Doesn't that take place way-way in the future? And finally, why would Singer want to tease someone else's movie? His DofP teaser was for his own film.

Comment

First Set Pictures of Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart:

The rest of the set pictures can be found at: Just Jared

Comment

From CBR:

While “X-Men: Apocalypse” wasn’t the most well-received film in the Fox franchise, its post-credits scene gave long-time X-Men fans their first hint that geneticist Mister Sinister is close to making his cinematic debut. Thanks to audio commentary released Friday on the “Apocalypse” digital release, we now know that Sinister will go up against Hugh Jackman in director James Mangold’s still-untitled “Wolverine 3.”

In the commentary, “Apocalypse” producer Simon Kinberg and director Bryan Singer discuss how they had to ditch an idea for a “Deadpool 2” teaser before confirming what the “Apocalypse” post-credits scene means for “Wolverine 3.” When we discussed the teaser in May, it was clear the “Essex Corp” briefcase hinted at a future appearance by Nathaniel Essex, a.k.a. Mister Sinister.

Mister Sinister was born in the Victorian era and is fixated with genetics and cloning for his own twisted experiments. With the knowledge that Sinister will appear in “Wolverine 3,” attention now turns to who will play him. When actor Richard E. Grant signed on for the film, his casting was kept a secret — except for his character being described as a mad scientist. Mad scientist is a fitting description for Mister Sinister. Plus, Grant has the physical look to pull off the part.

While Sinister is confirmed to appear in “Wolverine 3,” it remains to be seen if he is the central villain or one of many. Comic book movies love to add multiple threats for their heroes to battle. Also, with Sinister being a fan of cloning, there’s an endless supply of obstacles he can throw at Wolverine.

Comment

This is a rather peculiar trilogy, if you look at it that way. The first movie was ignored even without changing the timeline, the second was in the timeline that was erased, and now the third will be decades into the future of the new timeline. I wonder if Wolverine will still be aware of the old timeline, or if he'll gradually forget it.

Comment

Hadn't thought of that. That is weird.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎