0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I gave it a 6.

With it being so close to the finale, I expected a little bit more.

This time around, I wasn't impressed with the turn Bruce's storyline took. When Bunderslaw's safe was shown to be empty, I was disappointed. What was the point of him and Selina going to all that trouble to get the key then? It was nice to see Lucius Fox, though, and I was glad he told the truth to Alfred about what happened to Reggie.

The stuff with Penguin just felt mediocre. Ever since Fish Mooney has been out of the picture, it's like they've put him in her former position and given him nothing to do. I'm sure that will change by next week, but still: What was the point of getting Mooney out of the way if his role was going to be reduced to 1 or 2 scenes a week inside his night club?

Thank God The Ogre and his ilk is done. Not a very interesting storyline, but I did find myself rooting for Barbara. Part of me wanted her to be the one to kill him, but then they reduced her to being the damsel in distress (waiting for Jim to save her), which was pretty boring. If her life wasn't supposed to end, why put her in harm's way to begin with? Also, Jim's declaration that he loved Lee and would've chosen her first seemed pretty cut and dry. For that reason alone, Barbara shouldn't have been spared.

Oh well.

Maybe they're saving the good stuff for next week. They could sure use some of it...

Comment

I honestly thought that they were setting up Barbara to become a new serial killer, with the way she seemed strangely into watching the orge kill her parents. So I was a little bit disappointed that they didn't do more with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
        I honestly thought that they were setting up Barbara to become a new serial killer, with the way she seemed strangely into watching the orge kill her parents. So I was a little bit disappointed that they didn't do more with that.
        In what way?

Comment

Well, the Ep showed that Barbara was in shock, but also that she seemed very strangely excited over what was happening. She was watching things unfold like she was watching a really good movie and couldn't wait to see what happened. She even had a blissful look on her face for a few seconds when Milo had the knife to her throat. This was the part where Milo and Jim had this standoff, btw. I've even got the screencap from hulu if anybody cares to see the moment where Barbara seems strangely blissed out despite the danger she was in.

I thought that was kind of very interesting, and would had been interested to see where they went with that. But Barbara was just kind of a passive spectator though-out the episode, and as an result they didn't really show us much of this side to her other than the fact that she *might* be enjoying it too much.

Comment

I honestly thought that they were setting up Barbara to become a new serial killer, with the way she seemed strangely into watching the Ogre kill her parents.
            It was really strange, but I think it had something to do with the drugs he gave her. Kinda like the stuff they give patients at a mental institution to suppress their emotions. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              With it being so close to the finale, I expected a little bit more.
              I agree. I thought the episode was fine, but I was hoping for so much more considering we’re so close to the end of the season. That’s not to say that there was nothing I liked in the episode, though. I did get a kick out of seeing the Riddler’s first riddle to one of his crimes. It was cool to see Lucius Fox for the first time on this show, too. The Penguin’s little stunt has the potential to bring us a great season finale, so I’ll mention that as another positive.

I’m not sure what to make of Barbara’s storyline. Going through something like that is sure to give a person some mental issues, but if she and Gordon are going to reunite at some point for her to be the mother of Batgirl, she can’t go completely psychotic. I just hope the writers don’t gloss over it and make it seem like nothing happened to her when the next season returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Arrow
                It was really strange, but I think it had something to do with the drugs he gave her. Kinda like the stuff they give patients at a mental institution to suppress their emotions. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.
                I didn't see him give her any drugs at all. But I wouldn't be surprised if she was on drugs as seeing she's been addicted to drugs for a long time.

Comment

I didn't see him give her any drugs at all.
                  He gave her a glass of water that was laced with something.

Comment

Well, the Ep showed that Barbara was in shock, but also that she seemed very strangely excited over what was happening. She was watching things unfold like she was watching a really good movie and couldn't wait to see what happened. She even had a blissful look on her face for a few seconds when Milo had the knife to her throat.
                    Funny, I thought she was acting like a broken Stepford Wife robot

Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan
                    if she and Gordon are going to reunite at some point for her to be the mother of Batgirl, she can’t go completely psychotic. I just hope the writers don’t gloss over it and make it seem like nothing happened to her when the next season returns.
                    Well, what if Batgirl was the product of a one-night stand? Maybe they want to go a non-traditional route, which is to say that she and Jim don't have to be together in the traditional sense in order for her to get pregnant with Barbara.

Comment

Well, what if Batgirl was the product of a one-night stand? Maybe they want to go a non-traditional route, which is to say that she and Jim don't have to be together in the traditional sense in order for her to get pregnant with Barbara.
                      They could do that, but I can't picture Jim even wanting to have a one-night stand with her if her problems reach the level I was imagining. I still stand by the assertion that she can have some mental issues but can’t go completely psychotic. Unless, of course, they just completely change the story and make her not the mother of Batgirl at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan
                        They could do that, but I can't picture Jim even wanting to have a one-night stand with her if her problems reach the level I was imagining.
                        Yeah, it did seem like some neurons stopped firing in her brain after she watched her parents get murdered.

I still stand by the assertion that she can have some mental issues but can’t go completely psychotic. Unless, of course, they just completely change the story and make her not the mother of Batgirl at all.
                        I wouldn't be surprised if they made Leslie Thompkins Batgirl's mother in this incarnation. Who knows.

Comment

Well, the Ep showed that Barbara was in shock, but also that she seemed very strangely excited over what was happening. She was watching things unfold like she was watching a really good movie and couldn't wait to see what happened. She even had a blissful look on her face for a few seconds when Milo had the knife to her throat. This was the part where Milo and Jim had this standoff, btw. I've even got the screencap from hulu if anybody cares to see the moment where Barbara seems strangely blissed out despite the danger she was in.

I thought that was kind of very interesting, and would had been interested to see where they went with that. But Barbara was just kind of a passive spectator though-out the episode, and as an result they didn't really show us much of this side to her other than the fact that she *might* be enjoying it too much.
                          I didn't really get that. She seemed kinda brain-dead after she was asked to finger someone, like out of it. Pretty blank. I don't know what the writers are planning, but this seems kind of lazy.

Comment

Yeah, it did seem like some neurons stopped firing in her brain after she watched her parents get murdered.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made Leslie Thompkins Batgirl's mother in this incarnation. Who knows.
                            Ugh.

Comment

Agreed. Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎