Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Lily?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Lily?

What did you think?
    10 - Awesome
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Horrible
    0%

I was going to give this episode a 7, but after that HORRIBLE reveal with Zelena, I thought a 6 seemed more appropriate.

To make her pregnant with his child? Is Soap Opera land another realm—just down the street and around the corner from NYC?! I don't care how conflicted Robin Hood has been, and everybody can call it what they want, but he basically cheated on Regina. Some moral code. If he TRULY loved Regina, he would've honored that love by NOT sleeping with Marian/Zelena. End of story. Honestly, I don't see how they can come back from this—if they are still meant to be soul mates.

It's not a clever "twist," either; it's just bad writing.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I believe that when you're with somebody, you're with them and only them.
    Last edited by Aries83; 04-26-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
      I was going to give this episode a 7, but after that HORRIBLE reveal with Zelena, I thought a 6 seemed more appropriate.

To make her pregnant with his child? Is Soap Opera land another realm—just down the street and around the corner from NYC?! I don't care how conflicted Robin Hood has been, and everybody can call it what they want, but he basically cheated on Regina. Some moral code. If he TRULY loved Regina, he would've honored that love by NOT sleeping with Marian/Zelena. End of story. Honestly, I don't see how they can come back from this—if they are still meant to be soul mates.
      It's not a clever "twist," either; it's just bad writing.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I believe that when you're with somebody, you're with them and only them.
      Robin was technically with Marian first. He had a responsibility to her and their son before Regina came into the picture; so he cheated with Regina on Marian.

He fell in love with Regina only after he thought Marian was long dead; than things got complicated when Emma/Hook changed the timeline and brought her back to the present but, unbeknownst to them it was Zelena pretending to be Marian who killed the real Marian. If that ain't soapy enough than I don't know what is...Marian was always fated to die no matter what...which happens to be the theme of this episode (can't escape fate).

But again, his first responsibility was towards Marian (at least who he thought was the real Marian) and Roland. He's staying with a woman he doesn't love because of circumstance. I think that's old fashion; he's putting his own happiness in the back burner.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-26-2015, 07:55 PM.

Comment

First off, I don't think Zelena is pregnant with Robin's child - not for one minute. Know why ? Because the Zelena character needs to be put down again, and her being pregnant would make her far too sympathetic a character. No, something else is up...

BTW, what happened to baby Neal ? That kid has been MIA for quite a while...

Comment

I wouldn't call what Robin did cheating on Regina. He was married to Marian to begin with, after all. She was his wife before he fell in love with Regina. He had made a commitment to her. Due to his code of honor, he seems reluctant to break that commitment. The fact that he slept with her was clearly his attempt to "fix" his marriage and hold up his commitment. I might blame him more if I felt his actions were selfish, but they weren't. He was trying to make things work with Marian rather than seeking his own happiness.

Having said all of that, given that he still has feelings for Regina, I do think it was a bad idea to try to resume his relationship with Marian. Robin's in an awkward situation here, though. How does a man deal with his wife dying, falling in love with another woman after his wife's death, finding out that his dead wife isn't dead after all, and then finding out that the woman he thought was his wife back from the dead is an imposter? I don't think he's done a particularly bad job dealing with things, though he has made some missteps for sure. In some ways, in fact, I can kind of respect what he was trying to do, though again, he was certainly misguided.

I like the Robin/Regina pairing, and I'm rooting for them. I hope that the two of them will navigate through all of this and get their happy ending together. They're one of my favorite couples on the show right now.
          Last edited by Lois_Lane_Fan; 04-27-2015, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Overall, I thought this was a good episode. I think, starting when Regina defeated Zelena, the story has been about beating your destiny. Zelena told Regina that only light magic can harm her and that Regina was as dark as they come and it was her destiny to be that way. Regina told Zelena "Don't tell me what I can be" and was able to defeat her with light magic.

The Sorcerer's apprentice was wrong to banish Lilly to a land without magic and made it worse by telling her she was born that way. Both Emma and Lilly had hard lives but ultimately, it was their choice who they wanted to be. The show runners have been very consistent in stating that villains aren't born, they are made. But after talking to the apprentice, Lilly was convinced she didn't have the power to change but she did just like Regina had the power. Lilly allowed the events in her life (including what the apprentice said) to define her instead defining herself.

In regards to Zelena saying that she is pregnant, show me the pee stick. Until then, she maybe lying. If not, I am wouldn't be surprised. She hates Regina and this is the best way to get back at her. Yes, there is a soap opera element to it but it is on par for a witch like Zelena.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              Robin was technically with Marian first. He had a responsibility to her and their son before Regina came into the picture; so he cheated with Regina on Marian.
              Are you kidding me? His responsibility to her ended when she died the first time, at least in my opinion. Since she really was dead, he didn't cheat when he got with Regina.

Originally posted by spotteddog
              First off, I don't think Zelena is pregnant with Robin's child - not for one minute. Know why ? Because the Zelena character needs to be put down again, and her being pregnant would make her far too sympathetic a character.
              Far too sympathetic to kill, right? Because if you're saying she's sympathetic because she's allegedly pregnant with his child, I'm sure OutlawQueen fans wouldn't see it that way.

Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan
              I wouldn't call what Robin did cheating on Regina. He was married to Marian to begin with, after all. . . . . The fact that he slept with her was clearly his attempt to "fix" his marriage and hold up his commitment.
              You have got to be joking. Again, his responsibility ended the first time she died. Considering the fact that we now know that it was Zelena all along, his responsibility towards Marian ended the second Zelena killed her and took her place, which was the second time the character died.

Since Robin Hood and Regina were already in a relationship during the time he actually slept with Regina, he DID cheat on her by sleeping with Marian, because it was actually Zelena. Yeah, he didn't know, but still.

When you're in a relationship with someone ALREADY, you don't sleep with someone else. That's cheating no matter how you choose to look at it.

Comment

Yes, Aries83, far too sympathetic to kill. There are certain things that usually get me to stop watching a movie or TV show - children being hurt, older people being victimized, and pregnant women being injured. Just my sensibilities, I guess. But no worries here - Zelena is not pregnant with Robin's child, I am sure of it.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
                  Zelena is not pregnant with Robin's child, I am sure of it.
                  I hope so. The reveal was just too over the top for me. I get trying to steal him away for the sake of conflict, but having her appear to be pregnant with his child? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                    You have got to be joking. Again, his responsibility ended the first time she died. Considering the fact that we now know that it was Zelena all along, his responsibility towards Marian ended the second Zelena killed her and took her place, which was the second time the character died.
                    No, I wasn't joking at all. Seeing as how in real life it's not exactly possible for your wife to return from the dead, there aren't any clear-cut rules to follow for what to do in a situation like this. I find your belief that the commitment is over after the first death to be a reasonable way to feel about the situation, but I can also see the other view that Robin clearly believes about his commitment to her being back on. Either viewpoint is an acceptable way to see things, in my opinion, and I couldn't fault a person for feeling either way about the situation.

Since Robin Hood and Regina were already in a relationship during the time he actually slept with Regina, he DID cheat on her by sleeping with Marian, because it was actually Zelena. Yeah, he didn't know, but still.
                    I would find it to be cheating had he known that it was Zelena, but since he thought he was sleeping with a woman who he was technically married to, I don't see it as cheating. I do think it would have been appropriate for him to tell Regina what his intentions with Marian were, though, but I suppose he might have felt that that was implied by the fact that he left with Marian at all. I'm still waiting for the next episode before I make a judgment on that part of the situation.

When you're in a relationship with someone ALREADY, you don't sleep with someone else. That's cheating no matter how you choose to look at it.
                    Under ordinary, real life circumstances, I'd totally agree with you, but again, these circumstances are strange and unordinary.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎