0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Under the Average
    0%

I gave it a 5.

All the stuff with The Orge just made it feel so middle-of-the-road to me.

The only plots that held my interest involved Bruce/Selina/Alfred and Nygma, who finally got a chance to shine. Loved that.

The Penguin stuff was fine, but I still find Carol Kane's performance as Gertrud embarrassing. I thought the scene where she was basically asking Oswald for the cold, honest truth somewhat sad, though.

As far Barbara, I could honestly care less. It's funny: They throw her into the arms of a psychopath and she's still not interesting, and yes: If she got hit by a bus tomorrow, I wouldn't care.

Still hoping it goes somewhere good with the last 2 episodes, though.
    Last edited by Aries83; 04-20-2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

The stuff that caught my interest out of everything else were the scene with Bruce and Selina. I liked that they had that little discussion about their morals and how different they were when it came to killing off bad guys. I thought they looked so cute together when they were dancing.... you know the socialite ladies cooing over Bruce having a date? That was kind of my reaction too when I saw them dancing together.

I'm glad that they're doing stuff with Barbara, though... instead of having her be all over the damn place. It seems that they decided to have her go down this dark twisted path... maybe it'll be the thing to finally define her and make her character shine. But time will tell.

And yeah, I liked that Nigma was finally going somewhere with his character now. The penguin on the other hand...meh.

Comment

This arc is boring.

Comment

First time in this section of K-site...

There were parts of the episode I liked, and parts I didn't.

I was really waiting to see what happened to fish Mooney. Speaking of, the Penguin is starting to get on my nerves. I think I'd enjoy seeing fish get her revenge on him.

The Bruce plot was good, and I'm waiting to see how it develops, and so was the Nigma one. Still, even though I know at some point Nigma is supposed to turn into a villain, I was really hoping not to see it. It's like Lex Luthor in the early seasons of Smallville. I was so routing for him to be good, even when I knew it wasn't going to happen . But in a way, I think it makes for a better villain later on.

At this point, I don't care about Barbara either. Totally agree with Aries83 on that and as it seems, about most other things as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fantom zoner
            First time in this section of K-site...
            Welcome

I was really waiting to see what happened to fish Mooney. Speaking of, the Penguin is starting to get on my nerves. I think I'd enjoy seeing fish get her revenge on him.
            With only two episodes left, I surely thought she'd be in this episode. I hate how they have to sideline characters every so often. If she doesn't make it back to Gotham, I will be so disappointed.

At this point, I don't care about Barbara either. Totally agree with Aries83 on that and as it seems, about most other things as well.
            Oh, thank you It looks like Barbara is going six feet under. If so, that's fine with me. In fact, that's probably the only purpose this Ogre storyline is serving.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              Welcome

With only two episodes left, I surely thought she'd be in this episode. I hate how they have to sideline characters every so often. If she doesn't make it back to Gotham, I will be so disappointed.

Oh, thank you It looks like Barbara is going six feet under. If so, that's fine with me. In fact, that's probably the only purpose this Ogre storyline is serving.
              I don't read spoilers, so if that's been confirmed, I'm in the dark. That would be better than what I thought they planed to do with this plot line. I thought it would stir up Gordon's feelings for her, which would leave the door open for an annoying love triangle. The fact that he just told Leslie he loves her makes me feel that they're going to stir things up ). I hope I'm wrong

Comment

Not the greatest episode, but we were long overdue one without Fish. Among the positives, the Bruce/Selina scenes (even though some of them featured dialogue that's taking place 20 years too soon), Nygma going off the deep end and Barbara getting more screentime for a change. And boy did she make it count.

My main gripe with this episode, one I've had since the Christmas break really, is that they're stalling. The Ogre arc is decent, but the heart of the show was the whole mafia war. And ever since the show was given 6 extra episodes, they've focused on secondary arcs and characters to get through the season.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  The Ogre arc is decent, but the heart of the show was the whole mafia war.
                  True. There were people that wanted that arc to end, and now that we don't have it (or there basically hasn't been any movement on that front), the show seems weaker without it.

Maybe that will change once Fish lands back in Gotham?

Comment

I thought for sure that Maroni was going to kill the Penguin's mother, but I guess outing him as a criminal to her might have been about as bad of a blow to the Penguin as killing her would have been. He managed to lie his way out of it for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if all of this blows up in his face when she gets more hints to the truth in the future.

The Selina and Bruce scenes were nice. I really like how the writers are handling their pre-Batman and pre-Catwoman relationship.

Also, it was cool to see the Riddler's first murder. It should be interesting to watch how his journey to a life of crime goes from here.

As for Barbara, I'm hoping she makes it through this Ogre storyline alive. I admit that she doesn't really add a whole lot to the show story wise, but I'm not ready to let go of her character yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎