2 6.67%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - So Bad

1 3.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enjoyable, solid episode with one of the best twists the whole series had so far. I missed moments when I authenticaly didn't know what cames next while watching this show. This episode kinda made up for this.

Although I still find it far-fetched that all of sudden everyone believed that Roy was the Arrow, the plot more or less came together in the end. Paul Blackthorne still does an amazing job, although it's hard to watch dark!Lance. They cut down the love triangle crap and actually the team up between the Atom and the Arrow-without-the-hood turned out better than I expected. But the best part was definitely Roy's story - I would never thought that I would be so sad seeing him leaving the Team. I'm glad they came up with something better than killing him off and that he is going to still exist in the Flarrow universe, but I agree with those who mentioned that from the two years perspective his storyline as Oliver's sidekick seems to be rather wasted. I'm going to miss Arsenal in the show - even if I prefer the Arrow as a (crazy) loner. I liked also Stephen Amell in this episode - he sometimes has problems with delivering the emotional stuff convincingly, but here he showed Oliver's internal struggle, the frustration that he can't do anything and help Roy. And him rolling his eyes when he heard the exhanges between Felicity and Ray - just lol and well placed.

There was not enough Laurel in this episode, which is my main complaint (besides the usual plot holes I will not waste time to point out). Also, the police breaking into the foundry, which in reality would be a final nail to Oliver's coffin was played as if no big deal happened. Srsly? Then why they left that green chest there? Wouldn't it be suspcious?

The ending? Surprising for sure, but not after all those spoilers and predictions. As for the other things - I liked that Pike showed up after a long break with a piece of advice, parallels between 1x18 and 3x18 episodes (at the same time, it always cracks me up when they are saying sentences like "You are the Arrow" in the police interrogation room).

One more thing - they killed the fern. I'm against hurting the plants while shooting an action tv show.

Edit: And second one more thing, although I guess I'm alone here - I'm also sad that it was probably the last episode where Amanda Waller appeared. I feel that just like in Roy's case that could have done so much more with her character in the show.
    Last edited by Amarice; 04-16-2015 at 07:16 PM.

The Roy subplot and the twist was the best part of the ep. for me. It is sad that it'll be the last we see of him (at least as a regular), especially when his story arc this season has been a highlight of S3. I loved the whole Roy-in-prison scenes and solidified how amazing Roy has become since his arrival on the show. He's had growth, setbacks, crises of conscience, remorse, redemption -- all within three seasons. Arsenal has earned his place in the DC TV mythos so we can only hope he resurfaces in other DC series/spinoffs.

From Ray's reaction at the end, it looks like the Olicity v. Raylicity soapy sudsfest is approaching its end. Ray did his best to try to explain away the unspoken 'L' word moment, but it must totally be eating away at him that the feelings he has for her aren't being reciprocated - whatever she may profess. Felicity may be confused about what exactly her feelings for Ray are, but it will be hard to sympathize with her if he does end up dumping her. He put all of his cards on the table -- she didn't.

My guess: Ray, having too much self-respect to be needlessly strung along like this, will be the one to pull the plug on it. And he'll do it with class and dignity. And, yeah, this will open the door to Olicity in all its character-skewering glory. Ray's character is just better when he's not attached to shipping subplots. (Ollie's, too, but this is an issue for another thread.)

It looks like Ollie is not the only one with flashback moments -- Quentin has apparently been dipping into the "S1 beefs" buffet. His is one of the S3 story arcs that have been meandering about for far too long. It makes me kind of wish they didn't pull the trigger on icing Sara so early, if only to minimize the really long time Quentin had this season to build up such a grudge about first Laurel's, then Ollie's, secrets and lies re: Sara. At least it's the tail end of the season and this melodrama-driven subplot will have to wrap up somehow. His boss' warning about taking vengeance too far was a bit late-inning for me, let's hope Quentin takes heed by the finale.

Whereas Thea (and Ollie's) dust-up on the island with Slade earlier this season was hardly credible -- Deathstroke should have owned them, gun or not -- Thea's skirmish with Ra's was far more believable. There was no way she was ever going to defeat Ra's, but she put up a decent fight. Ra's is forcing Ollie's hand and I'm intrigued about how it will all play out.
    Last edited by President_Luthor; 04-16-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Settling In
    I think that this season will be better once it is watched as a whole entity. Some of the plots feel so dragged out, but some of that I think is scheduling also. (And filler episode like Cupid because it is 23 episode long). We had too many long breaks and that breaks up the consistency of things sometimes. Not that I think this season was the caliber of writing we had last year, but there were a lot of complaints last year about Laurel's arc and how much emphasis was put on the Lance family also. I am looking forward to how they wrap this season up. The last few episodes are always the best of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowin View Post
    I think that this season will be better once it is watched as a whole entity. Some of the plots feel so dragged out, but some of that I think is scheduling also. (And filler episode like Cupid because it is 23 episode long). We had too many long breaks and that breaks up the consistency of things sometimes. Not that I think this season was the caliber of writing we had last year, but there were a lot of complaints last year about Laurel's arc and how much emphasis was put on the Lance family also. I am looking forward to how they wrap this season up. The last few episodes are always the best of the season.
    This is a network show that spans 8 months, not Netflix that dumps the entire season at once to binge watch immediately. You can't string along the audience with crap over such a long period of time and hope it makes sense in the end without loosing your audience in the process. Ratings may have not changed much this season but if so I credit that more to the far superior seasons 1 + 2 having the audience hoping the showrunners will somehow salvage the show by the end of this season, a season 4 repeat like this season would be the total downfall of Arrow (although for me personally it's already pretty much dead).

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post
    This is a network show that spans 8 months, not Netflix that dumps the entire season at once to binge watch immediately. You can't string along the audience with crap over such a long period of time and hope it makes sense in the end without loosing your audience in the process. Ratings may have not changed much this season but if so I credit that more to the far superior seasons 1 + 2 having the audience hoping the showrunners will somehow salvage the show by the end of this season, a season 4 repeat like this season would be the total downfall of Arrow (although for me personally it's already pretty much dead).
    While that's true, it's also to make a single major plot run for a 23 episode season. You need to have some filler episodes in there.
    I'm not trying to say this season has been great by any means but the vast majority of shows have similar complaints about them throughout their season's about things going slow and there being breaks/filler episodes but come the end of the season they are looked at as good things. In saying that, not tying a lot of things up as quickly as they possibly could does also bring in a lot of hype so in that regard they have done well this season it's just been (IMO) that they haven't given the few tie up scene's we've had justice except for Roy's finale but that was probably only because it was his last scene on the show.

I thought it was a fantastic episode.
    And I say this having guessed that Thea would be seriously injured and that Roy was going to be killed or at least something happening so he didn't join them in NP.
    I didn't expect the whole fake death but I thought that was well done. Colton really shone this week and sold all his emotional farewells. I'm sad to see Roy go but it's a lot easier to take knowing the reason was because of Colton signing on for two years, rather than the writers deciding to get rid of him. The scene with him and Oliver-egad, the feels But it sucks that Thea 'died' thinking he was dead too. I can't wait for her to learn the truth...and speaking of, I totally called Thea being used as leverage against Oliver. It was also foreshadowed at least twice in the episode, with Malcolm saying no one close to him had died and Oliver saying he had lost everything. Thea tried to put up a fight but of course she stood no chance. So interested to see what she's like once she comes out of the Lazarus Pit.

I loved that Diggle, Felicity and Roy had planned out Roy's fake death but not told Oliver because they knew what he'd say. Roy was right-Oliver saved their lives without asking. They were right to go ahead with the plan. The exchange between Diggle and Oliver was hearbreaking. Ollie was really struggling this week and fighting with Diggle showed the extent of his frustration and pain.

I actually kinda liked Ray in this episode. Having him and Oliver in the same scene provided a nice contrast and some smiles. I was expecting Raylicity to end this week but it will be next week instead. Ray seeing Oliver and Felicity together is just making it obvious where Felicity's heart really lies...I expect Ray to end it next week. But the Oliver/Ray teamup was quite cool, and I liked the pep talk. Oh, and jealous Oliver was brilliant.

Flashback-finally getting somewhere! They've dragged a bit this season but this week's was good; if short. Waller being held captive and not the bad guy, at the moment at least. I hope the flashbacks are a big longer the last few episodes as I am finally excited and they have a purpose.

I enjoyed the Olicity scenes. I love Felicity's continual faith in Oliver and how she can reach him when no one else can. The sooner the love triangle ends the better though.

Perhaps the only thing I didn't like was Captain Lance. Who needs a villian when you have him around?? It was Sara's choice to join the league, or to go on the boat with Oliver. Laurel defies her father, again, to help Oliver. (side note, I still like Laurel best when she's being an awesome DA). When will Lance finally start to see some good in Oliver? My heart stopped when they raided the foundry....I should have known better. Of course Diggle and Felicity were one step ahead. Why did I doubt them?

Oh, RIP the fern in the foundry

After thinking about this episode... did I miss something or nobody really asked how it's possible that Roy apparently saved himself from The Savior (1x18) and who is the guy in red which was running with the Arrow recently? Why Roy didn't at least came up with the story that the first Arrow perished in the quake and he decided to continue his work? It still doesn't answer the question about Arsenal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    While that's true, it's also to make a single major plot run for a 23 episode season. You need to have some filler episodes in there.
    I'm not trying to say this season has been great by any means but the vast majority of shows have similar complaints about them throughout their season's about things going slow and there being breaks/filler episodes but come the end of the season they are looked at as good things. In saying that, not tying a lot of things up as quickly as they possibly could does also bring in a lot of hype so in that regard they have done well this season it's just been (IMO) that they haven't given the few tie up scene's we've had justice except for Roy's finale but that was probably only because it was his last scene on the show.
    I'm not complaining about a season long story arc, by all means keep that otherwise you have 23 one-shot episodes per season with nothing tying them together. It's just we're 3-4 episodes away from the finale with very little tying up the previous 17 episodes. Sure we know Ra's is looking to get Oliver to take over the LoA, Sara died as a ploy to save Malcolm from Ra's and start Laurel on her BC journey and Ray walked in taking over Queen Consolidated and Felicity in a similar way as Ra's taking away the Arrow and Starling City from Oliver but it's still disjointed and garbled. Still so many plot points dropped this season that are totally unanswered with so many new ones added that aren't making sense. What's with this oil pipeline that Komodo was hired to prevent? Quentin's motivations currently are not convincing to me in the least, they seem totally out of character actually. I'm not even going to go into Felicity although Quentin has overtaken her as my most disliked character on the show currently.

Since a Metahuman has been introduced whose powers were not created by the particle accelerator in Flash, I hope that means Laurel will turn out to be a Metahuman. I really don't like the idea that her canary cry could come from an electronic device.

Now that the 'Arrow' is considered dead, when Oliver returns, he will have to take on a new alias. Maybe that means he will come back as the 'Green Arrow'.

With the introduction of the Lazarus Pit as a means of bringing back the dead, the writers couldn't kill off Roy so it makes sense they faked his death.

Since this show likes to rehash old storylines like Oliver's dead, impact it has on everyone, no he is not dead; Oliver is dead-again, the impact it has on everyone, no his is not dead-again. It wouldn't surprise me if they do it with Sara. I am not a fan of this idea because I think there should be one Black Canary. If they do, I hope it doesn't take away from Laurel's growth has a hero.

Last edited by SteelyGal; 04-17-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Season 2 was bad. The downfall actually began there.

I'm not complaining about a season long story arc, by all means keep that otherwise you have 23 one-shot episodes per season with nothing tying them together. It's just we're 3-4 episodes away from the finale with very little tying up the previous 17 episodes. Sure we know Ra's is looking to get Oliver to take over the LoA, Sara died as a ploy to save Malcolm from Ra's and start Laurel on her BC journey and Ray walked in taking over Queen Consolidated and Felicity in a similar way as Ra's taking away the Arrow and Starling City from Oliver but it's still disjointed and garbled. Still so many plot points dropped this season that are totally unanswered with so many new ones added that aren't making sense. What's with this oil pipeline that Komodo was hired to prevent? Quentin's motivations currently are not convincing to me in the least, they seem totally out of character actually. I'm not even going to go into Felicity although Quentin has overtaken her as my most disliked character on the show currently.
    How? She's way worse of a character. In that she isn't really one.

More bad writing from Arrow.

Im sad to see Roy leave, but at least he didnt get killed off. I was holding out hope that there would be some twist, but Id be lying if I said that I was sure that hed end up alive. Had he not survived, I would have been even sadder than I am right now. At least with the way he was written off of the show, though, we can all hope to see him return in guest spots from time to time.

The Atom helping out Oliver while Oliver was stuck on the sidelines was great. Im glad that the two of them have reached the point in their relationship where they can work together as a team.
    Last edited by Lois_Lane_Fan; 04-21-2015 at 05:35 PM.

New In Town
    Thought it was a good episode. One of the best this season at least!
    What a shocker at the end! Did't see that one coming!
    Sad that Roy is leaving, but there is still a chance for several guest appearances!

New In Town
    one of the best indeed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast