0 0%
  • 1 - So Bad

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Broken Arrow?"

What did you think?

Settling In
    Solid episode. The arc is definitely fitting together nicely now. I enjoyed the fake out, even if it is a trope. Felicity is finally getting back to bearable as well.

The only complaint isn't about this episode... it's about the flashback arc... I loved the reveal of it this ep... BUT it should have been sooner.. so we weren't subjected to the slow drudge the flashbacks were this year..

The end... woah.... NICELY done....

EDIT-
    oh.. the mixing of casts & locations between Flash and Arrow are awesome for me because I watch both.. but for those that only watch one or the other... it can be jarring. I know friends who only watch Flash saw Palmer last night and were *****ing about what a bad 3rd rate Iron Man rip off he was. (OK he is but they missed most of the miniaturization comments that have been scattered through Arrow...)
    Last edited by Cobalt Blue; 04-15-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Posting Pro
    Whoa for sure. Now I will say due to certain bugs I'm guessing for my local station I was unable to watch I'm guessing the defeat of the meta human and Roy fake death scene. That kind of ruined it a bit for me. Hopefully I can catch those other bits later which I do have to ask did any other viewers have those problems?

Now onto the episode bits I did see. Very well done. Good character performances from everyone and an emotional good bye for Roy. It wasn't as bad at first because I didn't even realize it yet. Sad and I shall miss him but considering they never really did much I'm happy the character got a proper send off.

Now this really was the episode that I really enjoyed Ray in. Which can I say no real Ray/ Oliver and Felicity love triangle that I could spot besides a few scenes. The line Oliver said about Ray and Felicity being related with a straight face man I missed Oliver doing that. For Oliver learning to let people help was portrayed very well in both the present day and flashbacks.

The scene between Oliver and Diggle almost coming to blows holy crap that was truly some of the best work I've seen from them in awhile. They really are brothers which that's all I'm going to say.

On the flashbacks so it really is that military guy (Can't spell his name off the top of my head correctly) which I did kind of call it back in episode 14. A horse patch on his arm kind of alerted me to his possible being a bad guy and plus there's no way Waller could have been one and survived until the end of this season's flashbacks. Now onto them fully this really has been the first full time I felt Oliver is really nearing his present day self. Not even once considering going home because he doesn't that bio weapon to get unleashed in Hong Kong which is something that Oliver at the start of this year may not have been capable of.

So I'm once again itching to see where these flashbacks go for the first time in a long time.

For the ending well this will be a game changer not because Thea is dead because that wasn't even Ras A Gul's plan but for what will be coming. I watched that promo for next week's episode things which are heating up without a doubt.

Settling In
    Didn't expect the fake death twist, but it was a good episode. I'm a little confused though in the time line when Felicity and Ray were in Central City. There really hasn't been any time jumps where they could have been gone from Starling City.

Posting Pro
    All around, a good episode for me. Ray is beginning to really respect Oliver's experience fighting for justice and that is something I'm glad for. The back-and-forth between Felicity and Ray was good, and while there were a couple of very close calls with regards the Oliver/Felicity/Ray triangle, they managed to squeak past them without major issues, though that bit at the end tells me that Ray probably plans to end things.

Roy's departure was infinitely more palatable than the idea of him being killed, especially since, in my opinion, if he had in fact been killed than Oliver would definitely not be leaving the League of Assassins ever, losing himself much as Maseo has (which we can assume is due to whatever happens to Akio). I really liked the scenes Roy had with everyone in this episode as they showed the level of maturity the character has reached; a great deal of progression from the street-smart, wise-cracking street thug we met in Season 1.

Regarding the final scene: I'll be honest. I've been expecting this moment the entire season, but especially since Episode 13 and 14, which revealed just how much Oliver has given up for his sister and how much he cares for her. Hell, they set this up at the end of Season 2, when he told her that she was the best of them all, the most pure of heart. Thea was always going to be the trigger for Oliver joining the League. Now, forgive me for a moment, but let's just face the irony that Thea has been training under Malcolm as a way of honoring her mother, who was run through with a sword, and now she has suffered the same fate.

Regarding the flashbacks themselves: I have to wonder if something else happens between Waller and Oliver during Season 4's flashbacks, because they parted on rather amicable terms (unless it turns out she is working with Shrieve and played Oliver, in which case it will make more sense). I also like how they're showing Oliver becoming stronger in his convictions since he found the message from his father, which is leading him to become the man who returned to Starling City in the pilot.

It was a very decent episode for a change.

The good:

- The Roy arc. The twist was pretty cool and I didn't expect Roy to live. So that was a pleasant surprise and well written. The writers usually didn't do Roy justice, but I'll miss him Colton did a great job with the character, especially in the past year.
    - The Oliver - Ray team up. Good stuff and I liked seeing Oliver mentoring Ray.
    - The ending. Obviously this will prompt Oliver to accept Ra's' offer. And you also have to wonder what effect it will have on Thea when (or if?) she's resurrected at the Pit.
    - The Oliver - Diggle shoving scene. Boy that was intense.

The not so good:

- Not enough Laurel.
    - Quentin's vendetta. What are they doing with him? I get grief, but they're taking it too far and I don't know how redeemed he'll be in the viewer's eyes when he eventually comes around.
    - Roy's goodbye scene was fine, but why wasn't Thea there? Or Laurel?
    - The flashbacks are struggling to gain any traction. Also, is Waller written off this show due to the Suicide Squad movie? It seems like they've replaced her with Shrieve as the villain of the flashbacks and last night was her goodbye scene. If that's the case, it was really anticlimatic.
    - Felicity and Ray seemed to have a pretty solid relationship on both shows this week. And knowing what's to come next week, I'm not sure I like how the love triangle seems to be handled.

7.5/10
    Last edited by costas22; 04-16-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Settling In
    I think the producers need to stop using this show for staging superhero spinoffs and start re-focusing on what makes Arrow unique and appealing - the dark, gritty atmosphere and visible character growth.

This episode had some weird mix of superpower antics (the Atom vs. laser eyes guy) and some well written dramatic tension (Roy in jail). It just didn't feel right to me.

Forum Whiz
    Arrow needs to stick far, far away from the proper superpowers/metahumans stuff. I just don't feel it works on the show. The only interesting thing to come out of that part of the episode was how Deathbolt didn't get his powers from the particle accelerator. I'm certain though that that will be part of what the spinoff is about.

The rest of the episode was pretty good except for some fairly small things.

I still don't see the point of Malcolm who was in one very pointless scene with Oliver and it would have been nice to see more Laurel.

I also don't really understand Roy. Does he now feel at peace with the fact that he killed a police officer? Ever since he found out about killing the police officer, which was around ten episodes ago (a considerable amount of episodes) he has felt incredibly guilty. Does he now feel fine about it after what he has done for Oliver? Just seemed a bit strange to me.

The final thing that irritated me. Felicity is such a cow. She doesn't seem to see a future with Ray but is still holding on to him whilst she very clearly has feelings for Oliver. This entire storyline really needs to be wrapped up soon and needs to be wiped from the history of the show. It has severely affected my enjoyment for this season.

Captain Lance continues to be awesome this episode. Except for his line to Oliver about not feeling sorry about Roy. That was really really cold.

Oliver was great except when he is in scenes when only Felicity is involved. Loved his line about Felicity and Ray maybe being related. I hope we get more of these moments.

The scene when Thea tries to take down Ra's was great. Ra's reads Oliver like a book. He knows exactly what Oliver is going to do now.

New In Town
    Not the best. Not the worst. Solid. I have to say, Amell is one Hell of an actor. How he can go from giving straight faced one liners like, "There's a decent chance you and Palmer are related", to the look he had on his face when Lance told him Roy died, is amazing.

Now that it's clear how and why Oliver will join the league, I'm curious how long will it last and exactly how he will leave the league? I still think it will be a Thea/Felicity team that gets this done.

BTW- While I've stopped actively hating Palmer, because that much hate is freaking exhausting, I still find the Felicity/Ray pairing boring and cliched. And then, even more boring. Flashback's still not interesting to me this season. Thought that the fight scene with Oliver controlling the ATOM suit would have been better if it had been longer. Loved Thea's fight scene. Even though Ra's was playing with her, she looked much more capable than when she fought that douche bag DJ. It probably won't happen, but I hope that she's wearing Roy's suit re-tailored to fit her next season. Think she would look bad-ass.

Oliver's "There's a decent chance you and Palmer are related." took the cake though. I've replayed that part several times now. Not sure why I find it so funny, but I do.
    Last edited by historybuff77; 04-16-2015 at 04:45 AM.

Settling In
    Twice now, on the Flash and here- it has been pointed out that Felicity and Ray are very similar to each other. That does not make a good relationship. I will be happy when it's over.

I liked Ray a lot more this episode. Maybe Felicity has been a little butchered this season because she and Ray are too similar- hard to write a show with 2 characters that are essentially the same person and make both good. I am also digging the Ray/Cisco bromance.

The Roy fake-out was awesome. I thought he was leaving, but wasn't sure how they would play it. It was well done.

Enjoyed Dig this episode.

I thought Ra's was going to kidnap Thea- but this is more high-stakes for Oliver. I do wonder how they are going to wrap the season though.

I was bummed that Thea and Laurel didn't get to say goodbye to Roy. I'm glad that they didn't kill Roy off and I hope that we see him pop up on the spinoff and the Flash. I don't much care about Arrow at this point. I'll watch at least next episode for Laurel, but I pretty much have zero interest in Oliver or Felicity at this point, and as Diggle's not doing much more than pushing the Olicity ship in a pretty gross, problematic way (treating her like she can't possibly know what she wants and like she belongs to Oliver, regardless of how he treats her), I've lost interest in him as well. I'm also done with Quentin. He's been pretty awful to everyone in the last few episodes and I'm having a hard time seeing how they'll redeem him or repair his relationship with his only living daughter.

The episode itself was fairly well done in terms of how Roy's departure was treated. It's nice that he finally got the chance to shine when he's been mostly underused this season, but it makes me angry that the producers supposedly knew that they only had two years to tell Roy's story, and they pretty much wasted that chance. We haven't even gotten a backstory/flashback episode centered around Roy.

I also felt really sorry for Ray. He's clearly in love with Felicity while she's emotionally cheating on him with Oliver and very clearly doesn't care about him much more than the fact that he's "Barry's brain in Oliver's body." Ugh. Ray, you deserve better, and hopefully we'll get better stories for Ray with the spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by smllvllfn View Post
    Didn't expect the fake death twist, but it was a good episode. I'm a little confused though in the time line when Felicity and Ray were in Central City. There really hasn't been any time jumps where they could have been gone from Starling City.
    Arrow and The Flash episodes are out of sync. Arrow is one episode ahead of The Flash, and will end the week before Flash. So, the episode with Ray in the hospital actually takes place after felicity and Ray's trip to Central City.

The only truly enjoyable part of this episode was Roy's storyline here. Colton Haynes' performance carried this entire episode, in my eyes, showing the showrunners just how badly they wasted the character in the 2+ seasons he's been with them. A real disappointment that Roy didn't get nearly the respect in the show that he deserved. Felicity had some decent moments but her very blatant attempts at causing jealousy simply by acting like some lovesick teenager with her first boyfriend turned my stomach. Oliver mentoring/training Ray was semi decent but Ray still feels completely out of place in the show, he and Felicity fit so much better while visiting Barry. Poor Ray's wife gets killed driving him to become a hero and then he gets emotionally dumped by the very next woman he falls in love with, he gets a few sympathy points from me. I could've bought Quentin's run at Oliver last episode but this one he's gone so rampant that it's bordering mental insanity. Blame Oliver for Roy taking the fall only to hear Oliver demanding to sign any confession to get him out so that Quentin can once again blame Oliver? His last scene this episode put the final nail in Quentin's likability coffin by denying his condolences to Oliver just to blame Oliver for Roy's "death". How sick is Quentin seeing Roy was in police custody making it HIS responsibility to keep Roy safe to face trial. Thea was a real highlight in the show but sadly she'll be out for most of the next episode at least which means one of the two characters worth watching left in the show won't be there. I also enjoyed how Laurel confronted Quentin and put him in his place, she'll be the only reason I tune in for the next episode.

Season arcing storyline with Roy and Colton's performance are what saved this episode and made it truly worth watching otherwise it would've been lucky to get a 4.

Settling In
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    Arrow and The Flash episodes are out of sync. Arrow is one episode ahead of The Flash, and will end the week before Flash. So, the episode with Ray in the hospital actually takes place after felicity and Ray's trip to Central City.
    The only time they really could have gone would have been before the Dig and Lyla's wedding, every episode since then has picked up the same time where the last one left off with no time gaps.

Whether or not you liked last night's episode, the show turned a page it can't walk back. Arrow introduced its first home grown meta human last night, so from here on end, for better or worse superpowers are a part of Arrow. Next week magic comes to Star City with Thea's use of the Lazarus Pit. The success of the Flash made these changes inevitable, and yes they did start down this path last year with the mirakuru plot line. Arrow fans and shippers may not like this new direction, but the truth is Flash is getting a million more viewers a week than Arrow. Given the Arrow's dismal ratings this season, the CW has to demand a more super approach to Arrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast