X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Looks like great season ahead

Comment

Comment

Getting excited. Anyone know if D'Onofrio is making an appearance? I haven't heard that he is, but it seems like a missed opportunity to leave out Kingpin altogether.

Comment

Comment

YES! To bad I'll have to wait until Sunday to start watching.

Comment

Well I guess I know what I'll be doing this Sunday, binge watching all of this and then wishing there was a third season already.

Comment

Great season...bernthal crushed it....great end. Hope people get through it soon for discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Sure-Oz
                    Great season...bernthal crushed it....great end. Hope people get through it soon for discussion
                    Only problem with the Netflix show's is that is the discussion becomes minimal as the majority of us who visit place's like this will probably binge watch the show so we have the answer's to the question's we would usually have between episode's like we usually would.

Comment

I think they made a reference to the season finale of Lois and Clark season 2, which was also the episode where similarly, Lois found out that Clark Kent is Superman, just as in this case Karen Page found out that Matt Murdock is Daredevil.

Karen page found out from Matt telling her, which is nice.

However, before that, we see daredevil and karen page together, and daredevil puts his hand on her cheek in a caring manner. That's exactly what Superman did to Lois ~22 years ago, also in a season 2 finale, though when that happened it proceeded differently. That's how Lois Lane recognized Clark as Superman, from his tenderness. She confronted him about it a little later. When I saw Daredevil put his hand on her cheek, I thought they were going to make an homage to that beautifully implemented plot line.

They did things differently though. There are many ways to go about things, and I've seen every iterations in various versions of Superman and other characters. In this version, the initiative was given to Matt Murdock to reveal himself to his love, rather than the love finding out or investigating him or them being in close quarters, etc.

Aside from that, I look forward to not seeing much of Nobu anymore, he's boring. Bring on more Wilson Fisk and Madame Gao though.

I'm not sure I bought the reveal of that former military guy as the blacksmith. Why is he called the blacksmith? Because of his toolshed?

Other than that, I liked the parts dealing with the punisher, and loved the parts dealing with Wilson Fisk. The Fisk stuff was truly amazing. When he's eating the steak and keeping Dutton company while he dies? Wow. The material with the Hand/Elektra/Stick/Foggy was mostly boring.

Comment

I just rewatched both seasons of Daredevil and I think where season 2 faltered was not in introducing both Punisher and Elektra but in introducing Punisher first and not tying Elektra into that storyline better.

If the season would've started with Elektra seducing Matt to the dark side and then introducing the “big bad“ Punisher who also makes Matt question his methods before discovering the actual big bad I think all the characters would've felt much more intertwined and the overall season much more cohesive. Both Punisher and Elektra fit the seasonal arc very well, just each individual storyline was so far apart from the other that it felt like two different seasons/shows.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎