No announcement yet.

Daredevil Season 2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daredevil Season 2

What would you like to see from a second season of Daredevil on Netflix? Talk about it here!

After watching the entire season of Daredevil and how nicely they tied up most of the story I'm going to wait for AKA Jessica Jones and see how/where that goes. They're looking at a continual timeline for all the shows so why not tie Season 2 to one of the other shows a little more tightly other than just in the same city doing the same type of crimefighting on a street level? Fisk is of course still around and Vanessa has skipped town so there's potential for continuing along that storyline. I wouldn't mind seeing some more of the Hand or Madame Gao but right now I'm not really looking forward to seeing supervillians such as Bullseye or Spiderman castoffs like Doc Oc coming into the show unless AKA Jessica Jones or Luke Cage goes a bit more "superhero -y". Now if they do a season long origin arc for Bullseye and leave it open ended like with Fisk I could see the introduction of Daredevil's arch nemesis in that respect but I see Bullseye more as a hands on hitman type and not a behind the scenes string puller like Fisk that can actually last an entire season. A dream would be of course to introduce Elektra, bring back Stick for a more prominent role and bring in the Hand for a season long arc.
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 04-12-2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

You know who we need in season 2...Stilt-man! J/K.... On a series note maybe the Defenders series will be The Defenders versus The Hand, with Stick and Stone uniting the Defenders.

Comment

It's officially picked up for Season 2: http://daredeviltv.net/daredevil-renewed-for-season-2/

Comment

Yeah!!! I guess at some point all the Marvel series' will be running at the same time on Netflix as well as the team up series with the same characters. Its going to be very interesting.

Comment

Excellent news. I'm happy to see more. I wonder if the success of this show leads to work on bringing Punisher into this world. Frank fits in perfectly .

Comment

Why does everyone hate the costume?

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                Why does everyone hate the costume?
                I don't know. I like it.

Comment

I'm thrilled they picked up a second season. Yes Castle would be a perfect fit to this type of series and I'd love to see a really good TV show based on him seeing I grew up with DD, Punisher and Don Pendelton's Mack Bolan, the Executioner books. I like the suit too although the hood/helmet could be worked on a little for a better fit/look, the rest is fine. I expect the DD logo will get put on maybe in season 2 seeing he has the Daredevil name as well now.

Comment

Punisher is cool I guess, I just don't see the attraction of giving the character a series. The only time I have enjoyed the character is when he is teaming up or going up against another established comic character. So I would love to see The Punisher on Daredevil, as far as his own series it will depend on what they do with him in Daredevil and whether the can present a character who can hold his own series.

Comment

Instead of introducing new characters I'd prefer they focus on the existing characters. This was an excellent first season and they should build on that foundation rather than mortgage that foundation to pay for another foundation.

With that said they had prety thprough charactr arcs in season one. Where can they go without rehashing the season one arcs? It's not obvious to me.

I suppose they could copy the dark knight model, great movie where the main character had nearly no arc, the arc was that of the city reacting to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                        Punisher is cool I guess, I just don't see the attraction of giving the character a series. The only time I have enjoyed the character is when he is teaming up or going up against another established comic character. So I would love to see The Punisher on Daredevil, as far as his own series it will depend on what they do with him in Daredevil and whether the can present a character who can hold his own series.
                        What makes Frank Castle such an interesting character is that he is absolutely broken and there is no line he won't cross to get who he's after. He was introduced chasing Spiderman because he believed Spiderman was the villian that needed to be taken out, mistakes seldomly seen with most heroes and a character flaw that makes him at best an occassional guest partner because nobody really wants to work together with him. Admitted he's not a totally unique character, we've seen similar stories with Paul Kearsy (Death Wish films), Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry), John Eastland (the Exterminator films), yet they're all from the 70's-80's so that I'd like to see a revival in that direction.

Comment

Didn't Stick already play that dynamic?

Comment

I want to see Electra!

Comment

Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson) is returning for more and the deal she signed also includes possible appearances on the other series.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎