0 0%
  • 1 - Bad

0 0%

Thread: #1.7 "Stick"

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

#1.7 "Stick"

Talk about Daredevil Episode 7 here!

Stranger Than Reality! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    This is probably the most Marvel-esque with the amount of humor it had. It was my favorite of the season.

I loved Stick. I always love older characters with attitude.

Weak episode for me. There was mild storyline progression, but we didn't actually learn all that much.

The scene at the beginning was totally superfluous. Seeing Stick kill that guy was a nothing scene. It should have been cut.

The backstory with Stick teaching Matt also didn't answer a ton for me. Was it about Black Sky and the mystery man even all the way back then? What are the implications of that, considering Stick left Matt for a time? I get that Stick trains Matt, but they didn't exactly provide us with answers as to how Matt's powers work. "Concentrate" isn't training someone. There were also some Sherlock-level shenanigans playing out with respect to the conclusions drawn from the information they gathered on all of the examples in the park. It's one thing to be able to perceive the presence of something in your ice cream, and it's another thing entirely to be able to identify the exact substance, or identify that there are two different farm sources of the dairy in the ice cream. You don't just get that from having heightened senses. You don't get that from "concentrating". You don't even get that from science. A scientist could break down the ice cream's components, but he'd then have to know something about those components, or research those components, to actually identify the significance of them. They jumped into hogwash territory with that stuff.

A lot of the episode also felt like a divergence from the overall arc. This episode felt very out of place, like typical filler usually does. I've read some speculation that this was the first episode setting up the Defenders crossover. That's fine, if true, but if true, it's also very badly disguised.

I'm ready for Karen, Foggy, and Urich to actually get somewhere.

My lowest rating to date has been a 7, and this is the worst episode for me so far... which means I have to go with a 6.

I don't think it has always been about the black sky and the mystery guy (his name is Stone) at all. It has been all about The Hand, a ninja mafia of sorts in the marvel, for Stick. I actually found this episode a nice step back from the high intensity of the previous episodes and showed that Matt has been struggling with the urge to kill rather then just tell us with visits to the local priest. The main thing that feels out of place is the mysticism aspect but I suspect that will be played out more and fit better with Iron Fist. I do get what you a 're saying about the filler aspect as well but I tend to see it as more of foreshadowing for way down the road. Stick was a highlight to watch as a seemingly walking contradiction of caring for Matt but rebuffing him anytime he returns it. So yeah, it was humorous for me to see Stick spout off some line about friends being a weakness and then in the next breath asking for a beer cause you know, he and Matt are friends.
    Last edited by Degobunny; 04-14-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    He really channeled Terrence Stamp from the Elektra movie.