No announcement yet.

#1.4 "In The Blood"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1.4 "In The Blood"

Talk about the fourth episode of Daredevil here!
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

That ending was probably one of the brutalist scenes I've seen in any show or for that matter any movie. It was a bit much.

I also felt that in that scene (in that moment) Fisk was the muscle and Wesley was the Kingpin. I mean just the way Wesley was sitting patiently in the limo while Fisk murders the brother is sort of the sterotypical idea of a big boss getting others to do their dirty work. I think Fisk needs to watch Wesley cause the dude will turn out to be more of a threat to him than any other rival mob boss.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-11-2015, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I have to say though, in a weird way, Vincent D'Onofrio is making us *like* Wilson Fisk in some scenes. Definitely many dimensions to his performance.

I was happy to see Claire again in this episode.

Comment

Ho... Lee... Crap...

Most of this episode was absolutely phenomenal, with the joint and parallel payoffs being both brutal and satisfying. Vincent D'onofrio as Wilson Fisk is just... I mean... I don't even know what to say. I knew he was awesome casting and even I couldn't tell you how good he is here. An absolute evil animal and yet, I feel bad for him. I'm almost cheering for him in the end. This is quickly becoming a very special performance out of an absolute force of an actor.

I liked the stuff with Claire. Rosario Dawson was excellent. I loved her laugh when she realized Daredevil was there. The stand-out to me there happened afterwards, when Matt told her his name. To me, that moment felt like a moment of vulnerability, not of strength. He trusts her. I think she appreciated learning his real name. At the same time, it felt like a loss. He was hurt and, for me, that scene played out as tragic more than triumphant. I liked it a lot.

I'm still not sure why Karen Page is alive or how she has any way of accomplishing anything with what limited knowledge she has. I'm not enjoying her story yet, so I'm taking 1 point off.

9/10, best episode so far, and I can't wait to watch the next one.

Comment

A nice touch getting a bit of background on Anatoly and Vladimer. An excellent build up of Wilson Fisk as a person and thereby a very nice twist in how the main villian is introduced to the show. We're still able to leave the episode knowing that this very socially ackward man many people would see as weak is an absolutely ruthless monster that everyone should fear because you never know when or for what reason he's going to snap. Killing Anatoly was a spur of the moment reaction so to speak but his mind is so quick that he's already planned out the next moves he wants to make and is hoping that what Wesley would prefer to avoid will happen, an all out war with the russians. How do you counter such a brilliant tactician that takes his own unbridled rage into account of the next moves being made?

Claire was brilliant, "Ask him yourself." I agree with Backward Galaxy, the scene between Matt and Claire did feel more as a defeat than a win for our hero but one that was needed for him to accept not everything he does has an immediate payoff that he can look back on and say "Yeah! I did it." Matt's a boxer looking for the fast knock-out and needs to learn to play chess against somebody like Wilson Fisk.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎