Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spinoff

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could accept a Mockingbord/Hunter based show - I be it would do well. However Skye needs to return to "the mother ship", maybe bringing another Inhuman (Lincoln?). It won't be Gordon because he is too important to the Inhumans (he is the one who gets the pizza).

Comment

I'm not a huge Palicki fan, but I think Nick Blood has been excellent. I'll check it out, because I watch all this stuff, but more for Blood than her.

Comment

There is also another Marvel show in development at ABC. All currently known is that John Ridley (12 Years a Slave) is involved. However, there are rumors that it'll focus on Kamala Khan (the current Ms. Marvel).

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
          I'm not a huge Palicki fan, but I think Nick Blood has been excellent. I'll check it out, because I watch all this stuff, but more for Blood than her.
          Just comes to show the subjectivity of taste.

Blood just comes off as a loser to me. He complains about his ex wife and not much else. He's the least interesting of the new characters.

Olmos and the Black guy are a lot better. Also Skye's parents and the inhumans.

Comment

I don't think it matters much. The Netflix shows are vastly superior.

I'd be happy seeing more inhumans.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
              Just comes to show the subjectivity of taste.

Blood just comes off as a loser to me. He complains about his ex wife and not much else. He's the least interesting of the new characters.

Olmos and the Black guy are a lot better. Also Skye's parents and the inhumans.
              It is odd, because I've had almost the opposite reaction. Mac, to me, has been borderline redundant as far as his role in the other SHIELD is concerned. I also haven't liked the performance out of that actor. The only scenes I've liked with Mac so far have been the ones with Fitz. I liked that friendship.

Olmos I like, but I'm not sold on his character.

The Inhumans have killed the show for me. I don't find them interesting at all.

I do like Skye's parents up until the point I've seen. I'm not caught up because I'm honestly finding it difficult to watch and am almost dreading putting myself through that. The next episode I need to see is a May-heavy episode, though, so I'll bite the bullet soon. Ming-Na Wen is wonderful.

Comment

to me, it feels like Arrow and The Flash.... I mean, "oh this worked for those guys..." then again, there's the DC-CU which is basically them trying to go, "we need an avengers film, THEN the individual, cuz our individual ones aren't exactly standing on their own that well first... unlike Marvel's IM/Thor/CA films"

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                  I'm not a huge Palicki fan, but I think Nick Blood has been excellent
                  See, I'm almost the exact opposite. I love her (though I have to admit, Bobbi's been tough to love the last few eps.!) and have been borderline 'meh' on him. He just seems like such a one note character, though I have been enjoying him more since he teamed up with Coulson.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Mcpherson
                    to me, it feels like Arrow and The Flash.... I mean, "oh this worked for those guys..." then again, there's the DC-CU which is basically them trying to go, "we need an avengers film, THEN the individual, cuz our individual ones aren't exactly standing on their own that well first... unlike Marvel's IM/Thor/CA films"
                    One of the reasons the DC shows are working (besides the superior writing...) is DC's decision to keep the TV & Film universes separate. This is giving the "Arrow-verse" far more freedom than Agents has. It seems the writers of Agents learned SOME from the cluster**** of season 1 being chained to Cap 2, and think tying Agents to a movie coming out in 2 years should give them enough room... but I don't think it's enough. They will eventually hit the same "wall" because in the Marvel scheme, the Films are primary, everything is subservient to them. Agents can never bring in any of the Inhuman "big names"- they will be reserved for the film.

My other complaint that this season STILL is guilty of is it doesn't.. feel connected to the Marvel Universe enough. You watch Arrow or Flash... there are references EVERYWHERE. Names, places, not just guest characters but little references that a comic fan will pick up... to me that completes the "world-building" of the show. Look at Flash... right back at the pilot there were references to Green Lantern (Ferris Air) and Batman (Waynetech), Coast City, there was a speech by Wells referencing those killed in the Accelerator where all the names are DC characters that have been killed over the years, etc. Even when show is forbidden to mention elements they find a way around it. (They are forbidden to mention Bats, Supes, or even Gotham or Metropolis.... so there's a scene where Wells is reassuring Barry, saying "At least you don't hide in shadows scaring people like that psycho in the cape") This type of.. immersion is still missing from Agents for me. Hell, DD had more references to Avengers than Marvel's "Flagship" show!!!! Agent Carter had better world-building even!

Comment

How about a Captain America miniseries that take place between Avengers 2 and Captain America 3 which show Steve Rogers's quest to find and free his friend, Bucky, from the control of Hydra.

Comment

Comment

I hope it still happens. If Netflix were to pick it up it could potentially make it awesome, especially if Daredevil is any indication of the quality we could get.

Comment

Sad for the people who were looking forward to this, but at least we're getting more Agent Carter!

Comment

I saw the news about the spin off not happening and was a bit surprised but not totally. I do wonder what this means for Adrianna Palicki though. Will she be staying with the show? As a regular (which she is right now)? And what about the actor who plays Hunter? *is curious*
                              Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 05-08-2015, 11:19 AM.

Comment

From CBR:

After ABC's Upfronts presentation revealed that the proposed "S.H.I.E.L.D." spinoff starring Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood had not been given the go ahead, network Entertainment Group President Paul Lee revealed that the show might not be down for the count. According to Variety, Lee said that there still “certainly is a possibility of spinning them off,” but that the "we absolutely love those characters on ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.'" and didn't want to mess with that show by launching a spinoff right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎