No announcement yet.

Nina Dobrev and Michael Trevino exit the show

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nina Dobrev and Michael Trevino exit the show

When the CW’s Vampire Diaries returns next fall it will be without star Nina Dobrev who announced that she was leaving the hit drama after the end of the current sixth season.

Here is a statement from TVD showrunner Julie Plec:

“Saying goodbye to Nina is both bittersweet and beautiful. After six-plus years together, the entire cast and crew of The Vampire Diaries has reached a level of closeness that I don’t think any of us ever expected. Nina is excited to spread her wings, get some rest, travel the world and also take it by storm, and we support her a thousand-fold. We will miss Nina and the four hundred characters she played, but we look forward to the insane and exciting challenge of continuing to tell stories of our Salvatore Brothers and our much-loved and gifted ensemble.”

Dobrev is not the only TVD cast member to change status next season. Here is what Plec said about Michael Trevino, recently cast in a pilot.

“Michael has been a beloved member of the Vampire Diaries family since day one. Even though he’s also going to be out in the world exploring new opportunities, we look forward to finding creative ways to make sure he and his character Tyler Lockwood always remain a part of the show.”
    Last edited by gmster; 04-06-2015, 05:44 PM.

That's... crazy.

Elena is definitely not my favorite, but she's the series lead... in a way I'd almost prefer them to just end the show rather than keeping on without her... but then again, there are characters like Bonnie and Caroline I can still enjoy.

Comment

I thought shed already signed a new contract. Sad to see her go but at least theyre getting a season to wrap up the shoh it looks like. What happened though? Could they not come to an agreement on a new contract?

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
        That's... crazy.

Elena is definitely not my favorite, but she's the series lead... in a way I'd almost prefer them to just end the show rather than keeping on without her... but then again, there are characters like Bonnie and Caroline I can still enjoy.
        They probably think the show can still make money without Nina and will try to have at least one additional season.

I wonder how the writers will explain her leaving though.

Comment

Is there even a reason to watch the show now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
            Is there even a reason to watch the show now?
            I still find it entertaining, but, like all shows that drag too long, they are starting to run out of storylines. The problem with Nina's leaving is that the show pretty much revolved around her character and will now require major re-focusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
              I still find it entertaining, but, like all shows that drag too long, they are starting to run out of storylines. The problem with Nina's leaving is that the show pretty much revolved around her character and will now require major re-focusing.
              To be fair, Elena really hasn't been the center of the story for a little while now. But still, you are right: She was/is the protagonist. And despite what other people seem to think of her for whatever reason, I always found her to be the moral core of the show. I mean, we still kinda have Stefan there, but he's drifted from that into being all about Caroline for the moment, it seems. Not to say that Elena hasn't too, but, she still kinda carries the human spirit a little. I mean, maybe the show could make Matt a main character? I don't know. So much of the characters emotions are tied to Elena. Would they kill her? That just doesn't seem right to me. Is Elena just gonna take the cure and run off with Stefan? I don't think I've heard anything about Paul Wesley leaving too. Plus, that would seem disingenuous. I mean, where else is the show gonna go without Elena? I mean, they're already really reaching with this Mother plot for the other characters. And this plot with those desiccated vampires trapped in a mystically bound prison seems suspiciously a lot like that plotline for season 1.
              Last edited by Dagenspear; 04-12-2015, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I'm bummed that Nina is leaving the show; she was my favorite on the show. I am glad the actor for Tyler is leaving because outside of Matt, he was the show's main punching bag. Even when he had his hybrid powers, he was till Klaus's...........you know what. Best of luck to the both of them in their future acting gigs.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎