Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I've solved the riddle of future Barry's whereabouts and RF's speed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait until they try to explain this on the show. I have a whole barrel full of WTF to throw at the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ-L
      Here's my take on that night.

BArry with the white logo is another Barry .. from's Eobard's timeline.

When Barry carried young BArry away killing Nora it changed Eobard's timeline
      No it didn't. In ep 9, RF told Barry that it was his mom's destiny to die that night. She's therefore dead in both timelines. The original one and this too.

Eobard's timeline is still there, unchanged. THIS timeline is the alternate one because due to RF's duplication of Wells, events are now happening 6 years before they would have done. The timeline changed/branched off when he killed Wells, up until then, everything was proceeding as it should have done.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
        I can't wait until they try to explain this on the show. I have a whole barrel full of WTF to throw at the TV.
        Agreed, the stuff still to come out is gonna make Wells' speech to Cisco in 15 look like a walk in the park lol.

Comment

The only hole in this theory is that it appears as if Barry doesn't create/tap into the Speed Force until the events of "Tricksters", and we know Eobard/Wells has already used his powers several times by that point.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
            The only hole in this theory is that it appears as if Barry doesn't create/tap into the Speed Force until the events of "Tricksters", and we know Eobard/Wells has already used his powers several times by that point.
            Thanks for the endorsement As for your hole, well, it closed a long time ago. Barry created the SF in the pilot when he became The Flash. It's what he's been using to keep on running since then. Like I mentioned, it's why Wells has been pushing him from day 1, he knows it increases his own speed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by speople

A: RF's speed, it suddenly gave out whilst chasing after The Flash.

C: Why did Eobard simply not kill young Barry ?

D: Why does Wells always want Barry to keep going faster ?

It's also been established in the comics, that Barry himself is the speedforce and that EVERY step he takes, makes the speedforce more powerful.

Whaddya think ?
              If you watch the episode he puts barry down then speeds away and you see an electrical flash, to me this means future barry left the timeline and back to the future, the scene after that is when Reverse-Flash loses his powers and tumbles on the ground.

My original theory and what I still think, is that once future barry left, the speedforce was gone in the timeline and that is why RF could not return. The computer also said he used to much of his powers in the time travel jump. So the suit didnt have enough power and since the speed force was gone he couldn't convert it into negative speed force, this is also why he didn't kill young barry as it could mean he could never go home.

This is also why he used the tachyon device to convert the speedforce into the negative speed force and why he wants barry ro run and to run faster so more speed force is created. This is pure speculation but perhaps RF can only match the speed which Barry has obtained in the current timeline, so unless barry goes fast enough to time travel RF won't either. Just to create some form of balance in the timeline and the universe.

Comment

The electrical discharge shown in 17 could have been the SF leaving the reality. I definitely didn't see anyone running away. Regardless, apart from that, our theories are practically the same in the why's and what for's.

The why's and what for's do stand up to scrutiny, and even if it turns out differently, our almost shared assumption is still able to stand as a completely viable alternative that just wasn't used.

And yup, in theory, RF can only go as fast as Barry can. Though a difference CAN be made on any given day/circumstance etc due to adrenalin, state of mood etc, just like RL athletes.

Comment

speople: In "Tricksters", Eobard/Wells specifically identifies what Barry has to do in order to get rid of the bomb that the Tricksters attached to his wrist as 'phasing' and tapping into what he identifies as a "speed force". If Barry had already tapped into the speed force simply by acquiring his powers, there would've been no reason for Eobard/Wells to identify what Barry needed to do in the manner that he did.

Comment

speople: In "Tricksters", Eobard/Wells specifically identifies what Barry has to do in order to get rid of the bomb that the Tricksters attached to his wrist as 'phasing' and tapping into what he identifies as a "speed force". If Barry had already tapped into the speed force simply by acquiring his powers, there would've been no reason for Eobard/Wells to identify what Barry needed to do in the manner that he did.
                    Barry doesn't need to tap in to the speedforce to vibrate. He taps into it each time he puts a foot forward.

Comment

If that were true, why would "Eobard Wells" specifically tell Barry he had to tap into a "speed force" in order to 'phase' and get rid of the bomb that was strapped to his wrist?

Comment

If that were true, why would "Eobard Wells" specifically tell Barry he had to tap into a "speed force" in order to 'phase' and get rid of the bomb that was strapped to his wrist?
                        He was simply getting him to concentrate. Phasing is merely vibrating at a specific frequency.

Comment

If "Eobard Wells" was simply trying to get Barry to concentrate, he would've said exactly that, but he specifically said Barry had to tap into a "speed force" in order to 'phase'. The specificity of the phrasing had to be deliberate and conveys something needing to happen that is beyond the scope of what Barry can typically do.

Comment

If "Eobard Wells" was simply trying to get Barry to concentrate, he would've said exactly that, but he specifically said Barry had to tap into a "speed force" in order to 'phase'. The specificity of the phrasing had to be deliberate and conveys something needing to happen that is beyond the scope of what Barry can typically do.
                            Except all Barry has ever considered it is as 'his speed'. He himself has never considered it a Speed Force. This does not mean that he hasn't been tapping into it since the beginning. I may not be a comic afficionado, but I do know that No Speed Force = No Speed for Flash. What Eobard did was get Barry to focus on the lightning, the Speed Force, to become more in tune with his abilities and thus become more like the Flash that Eobard has tangled with so many times before. Losing himself in the memory of the Speed Force (or Negative Speed Force) as it existed helped Eobard hone Barry's senses, but has also all but revealed him to Barry, Joe, and Eddie as the Reverse-Flash.

Comment

It may very well be the case that Barry's powers = Speed Force, but the way "Eobard Wells" phrased what Barry needed to do gives the impression that "speed force" is something beyond Barry's normal abilities.

Furthermore, if Barry was already tapped into the Speed Force just as a result of the particle accelerator explosion, there wouldn't be much reason for Eobard Wells to be pushing him to get faster because all he'd need to do is find a way to 'tap' Barry's abilities as they are currently and he'd have his own powers back permanently.

Comment

It may very well be the case that Barry's powers = Speed Force, but the way "Eobard Wells" phrased what Barry needed to do gives the impression that "speed force" is something beyond Barry's normal abilities.

Furthermore, if Barry was already tapped into the Speed Force just as a result of the particle accelerator explosion, there wouldn't be much reason for Eobard Wells to be pushing him to get faster because all he'd need to do is find a way to 'tap' Barry's abilities as they are currently and he'd have his own powers back permanently.
                                He already has the speed force, it's the yellow lightning that emits. Eobard was explaining how it felt, the crackling, the thing that gives him powers. It's possible he may need to tap into it, feel it, as it also is something in his body and cells. But mostly it was also because Barry had doubts it could be done.

Also, Barry's powers have nothing to do with the particle accelerator if I understood your comment correctly. The flash on the chain that gave him powers came from himself traveling back in time. It's a little confusing since the show is presented in a timeline that have already happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎