0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Bad

0 0%

#1.3 "Rabbit in a Snow Storm"

Discuss the episode here.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Didn't like this one as much as the first two, though I really liked Ben Urich and his introduction and I like the introduction of the notion that Murdock will defend people but then still bring people to justice as Daredevil.

This show is pretty gruesome too... between the bowling ball stuff and what that guy did to himself at the end. I'm not really a fan of too gory, but it works. I liked that Matt's being stabbed in episode 2 wasn't ignored, which we saw from the blood on his shirt.

And we've finally met the Kingpin!

This was the first episode where I was a bit bored, so much so that I dozed off towards the middle.

Anyway...

I found it a weird choice to change up Murdock's voice during the court scene. I guess they wanted to show the difference between Murdock the lawyer and the normal guy. I don't know, it just threw me off.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-11-2015 at 03:27 PM.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    This was the first episode where I was a bit bored, so much so that I dozed off towards the middle.
    I ran into the same thing. Though I chalked it up to being REALLY sleepy - it was 1 in the morning when I was watching.

I also kind of missed Claire Temple already.

I really enjoyed a lot of this episode.

I enjoyed Matt taking a case as a means of getting closer to the big bad. Kinda borrows from The Dark Knight, but whatever... steal from the best, right? The courtroom stuff with the jury was good for the way it got under Matt's skin. I also liked the fight at the end and how it was resolved. The actor who played the assassin did some excellent work in this episode. Really top notch stuff from him.

I also have enjoyed the slow burn to Wilson Fisk. Even if it comes at the expense of Vincent D'onofrio's screentime, they have really built up Wilson Fisk into a helluva dangerous SOB. This is the way to build up your bad guy into a real threat. At this point, I'm not even thinking Daredevil is in the same league with Kingpin.

The part I felt went a little slow was the stuff with the reporter. Having his (I assume) wife in the hospital played a little cliche. It sets up his motivations, yes, and definitely gives the character a strong moral dilemma when Karen shows up in his office, but I can't help but think they could have executed that part of it a little better.

I'm very much enjoying this show.

After finishing the series, I keep thinking back on something I didn't fully understand in this episode. Did Fisk and his cohorts want a hung jury? Was that the reason for blackmailing one of the jurors, or was that a backup in case the other eleven voted guilty? Wesley told Leland they got Nelson and Murdock because they were clean and they wanted to handle this within the law. To me, that seemed at odds with influencing the jury. Also, the killer seemed to sabotage several of Matt's attempts to win the trial, deviously expressing his faith in the jury, and then he seemed pleased with the hung jury. Did the DA withdraw after that? If so, that sounds like a completely fixed trial, which again would seem at odds with Wesley's statement. Nothing about this aspect of the episode was clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nate-dog1701d View Post
    After finishing the series, I keep thinking back on something I didn't fully understand in this episode. Did Fisk and his cohorts want a hung jury? Was that the reason for blackmailing one of the jurors, or was that a backup in case the other eleven voted guilty? Wesley told Leland they got Nelson and Murdock because they were clean and they wanted to handle this within the law. To me, that seemed at odds with influencing the jury. Also, the killer seemed to sabotage several of Matt's attempts to win the trial, deviously expressing his faith in the jury, and then he seemed pleased with the hung jury. Did the DA withdraw after that? If so, that sounds like a completely fixed trial, which again would seem at odds with Wesley's statement. Nothing about this aspect of the episode was clear to me.
    I agree it was a bit confusing in that respect but overall I found it a good episode. I really enjoyed seeing Matt and Foggy in their "day" jobs and relished it over say Ben Afflecks short courtroom scene. I really would enjoy seeing some more of this type of episode as the series continues (in season 2 for example). Karen hasn't made a big impression on me but she does move forward in this episode independent of Matt and Foggy growing of her own accord making her stronger in her own right. Getting a bit of backstory on Ben was nice although I'm not sure I really needed this on his character, while he carries a bit of weight in the comics it's not so much in the Netflix series. Overall not as strong as the two previous episodes but still strong in its own way so I can give it a firm 8.