No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Public Enemy?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akil4doe
    Amazing latest episode!!! By no means am I a spoiler, but when you deal with tacky writers who never stay true to original story line in which truly grabbed our attention as children, its hard not to yell out things like, "NO" and "WHY". But this...... This episode brought validity to the whole story. Brought validity to the character of Speedy. Hopefully his journey will begin now, and as a big Green Arrow fan I can tell you the twists are amazing.
    I'm glad I've found a site of hopefully like minded individuals because I have a lot to talk about...
    Welcome to the Arrow forums. I'm glad you can join us and I shall look forward to what you have to say.

Comment

I believe that Paul Blackthorne is an amazing actor, but that said, I found a lot of Lance's actions to be a bit despicable. I get that he's grieving over the loss of his daughter. I get that he's rightfully angry at his other daughter. That said, does he not care that a manhunt for the Arrow put his only living daughter in danger? He knows that Laurel is in league with the Arrow and therefore could easily end up in the crossfire of this whole mess. I wonder how he'd have felt if Laurel had ended up dead or in jail as a result of this manhunt, costing him his other daughter? At this point, I'm hoping we see a scene in a future episode where Lance needs the Arrow and realizes what a mistake he's made. I might feel different about all of this if it weren't for the fact that it should be glaringly obvious to Lance that there is an impostor posing as the Arrow, but that isn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan
        I believe that Paul Blackthorne is an amazing actor, but that said, I found a lot of Lance's actions to be a bit despicable. I get that he's grieving over the loss of his daughter. I get that he's rightfully angry at his other daughter. That said, does he not care that a manhunt for the Arrow put his only living daughter in danger? He knows that Laurel is in league with the Arrow and therefore could easily end up in the crossfire of this whole mess. I wonder how he'd have felt if Laurel had ended up dead or in jail as a result of this manhunt, costing him his other daughter? At this point, I'm hoping we see a scene in a future episode where Lance needs the Arrow and realizes what a mistake he's made. I might feel different about all of this if it weren't for the fact that it should be glaringly obvious to Lance that there is an impostor posing as the Arrow, but that isn't the case.
        In general, I've found Quentin's actions over the last few episodes despicable as well. While I think that Laurel hiding Sara's death for so long was horrible, she is his only living daughter and he's written her off completely. He is wasting time on a grudge against Laurel and if something were to happen to her, I can only imagine how guilty he'd feel.

I agree that the manhunt seemed all wrong because he clearly knows that it's an imposter/copycat Arrow and doesn't care. I also think that he lets his emotions cloud his judgment far too much for someone who is in such a position of authority over the SCPD.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
          In general, I've found Quentin's actions over the last few episodes despicable as well. While I think that Laurel hiding Sara's death for so long was horrible, she is his only living daughter and he's written her off completely. He is wasting time on a grudge against Laurel and if something were to happen to her, I can only imagine how guilty he'd feel.

I agree that the manhunt seemed all wrong because he clearly knows that it's an imposter/copycat Arrow and doesn't care. I also think that he lets his emotions cloud his judgment far too much for someone who is in such a position of authority over the SCPD.
          How dare Lance hunt down a serial murderer. He's actually let Laurel go a little on the subject. Along with the rest of the team. He seems to be more interested in Oliver.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
            How dare Lance hunt down a serial murderer. He's actually let Laurel go a little on the subject. Along with the rest of the team. He seems to be more interested in Oliver.
            If it was about Oliver's murders, I would have less problem with it. But, he publicly exonerated the Arrow for his murders earlier this season and now he seems to know that someone else has been murdering people to frame the Arrow and he has no interest in the copycat, but is instead going after Oliver because of a personal vendetta. It's the shown motivation behind his actions that bugs me.

Comment

If it was about Oliver's murders, I would have less problem with it. But, he publicly exonerated the Arrow for his murders earlier this season and now he seems to know that someone else has been murdering people to frame the Arrow and he has no interest in the copycat, but is instead going after Oliver because of a personal vendetta. It's the shown motivation behind his actions that bugs me.
              Lance seems to have realized that he never should have done that.

Comment

Lance seems to have realized that he never should have done that.
                I shouldn't have dated the girl I did in high school but that doesn't mean I can go back and change that. Oliver is no angel and should be held accountable for his actions but please, do so in a way that we as viewers can follow and comprehend without having to suspend all believability. Quentin Lance exonerated Oliver at the start of season 3 so if he wants to arrest him then do so for crimes he commited this season and don't dredge up something from season 1 + 2.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
                  I shouldn't have dated the girl I did in high school but that doesn't mean I can go back and change that. Oliver is no angel and should be held accountable for his actions but please, do so in a way that we as viewers can follow and comprehend without having to suspend all believability. Quentin Lance exonerated Oliver at the start of season 3 so if he wants to arrest him then do so for crimes he commited this season and don't dredge up something from season 1 + 2.
                  Nah. Oliver has this coming. I found that hit Lance gave him to be well deserved and very enjoyable. It's a moral issue, not a legal one. The fact of the matter is, Lance was right in everything he said.

Comment

Nah. Oliver has this coming. I found that hit Lance gave him to be well deserved and very enjoyable. It's a moral issue, not a legal one. The fact of the matter is, Lance was right in everything he said.
                    How morally rightgeous can a vigilante be? Even the iconic pillar of truth is a hypocryt leading a double life as Clark Kent/Superman, a lie to the public. Lance wants to hold Oliver accountable on a moral level then do that but leave the SCPD out of it then. If you're looking to arrest him then don't dredge up personal issues from a timeframe he's already been exonerated from. Lance is mixing apples with oranges for personal satisfaction which makes him unfit for any position on the SCPD except maybe janitor.

Comment

How morally rightgeous can a vigilante be? Even the iconic pillar of truth is a hypocryt leading a double life as Clark Kent/Superman, a lie to the public. Lance wants to hold Oliver accountable on a moral level then do that but leave the SCPD out of it then. If you're looking to arrest him then don't dredge up personal issues from a timeframe he's already been exonerated from. Lance is mixing apples with oranges for personal satisfaction which makes him unfit for any position on the SCPD except maybe janitor.
                      He's been unfit for a while. At least now he's making it work for him. You can use the law for your moral crusade, if you do it right. I don't agree with Lance's motives, but his actions are certainly a long time coming for Oliver. Karma's a pain.

Comment

He's been unfit for a while. At least now he's making it work for him. You can use the law for your moral crusade, if you do it right. I don't agree with Lance's motives, but his actions are certainly a long time coming for Oliver. Karma's a pain.
                        Yes you can use the law for a moral crusade, see the Inquesition, but Lance is going about it wrong. If he wanted to give Oliver his piece of mind (as the scene in the van would suggest) then he could've done that without the SCPD and if it was more that he wanted (actually arrest Oliver for Sara's death for example) then it's going to fall apart as quickly as Lance started seeing there's no legal backing to his attack. Lance can't use anything from season 1 or 2 and Oliver/Arrow hasn't really commited any major crime in season 3 such as murder as claimed by Lance. Again, Oliver is no angel but make sure you've actually got something you can use against him before going on the offensive.

Comment

I completely agree with everything you said here. Lance is focusing on a personal vendetta and not chasing after a dangerous criminal due to that personal vendetta.

I found that hit Lance gave him to be well deserved and very enjoyable.
                          I hated the hit because it confirmed to me that this really was all about his personal feelings about Oliver Queen/the Arrow and not about justice. Lance shouldn't be using his position of authority to take care of his personal issues. That's not what he's being paid to do. If he wants to do something about his personal feelings against Oliver, then he should do that on his own time. As others have said, he should only go after the Arrow for crimes he's actually committed. What he's doing is an abuse of his power as a police captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan
                            I completely agree with everything you said here. Lance is focusing on a personal vendetta and not chasing after a dangerous criminal due to that personal vendetta.

I hated the hit because it confirmed to me that this really was all about his personal feelings about Oliver Queen/the Arrow and not about justice. Lance shouldn't be using his position of authority to take care of his personal issues. That's not what he's being paid to do. If he wants to do something about his personal feelings against Oliver, then he should do that on his own time. As others have said, he should only go after the Arrow for crimes he's actually committed. What he's doing is an abuse of his power as a police captain.
                            That's exactly the problem I have with Lance currently is he is using his position of Captain for personal reasons. By doing that it makes him no better than any other corrupt cop. After Quentin hit Oliver and began throwing those insults I wanted Oliver and that whole speech I was shaking my head the entire time because it just proved to me how far gone Quentin is gone.

Also Dagenspear I respect the fact that you have an opinion and you are very much entitled to that but kindly you are watching a show about a group of vigilantes like Oliver as the Arrow or Laurel as the Black Canary who operate outside of the court system because it is broken. Why I say that? Well look at how fast they gave the Glades to Danny Brickwell.

Comment

If I'm miss understanding about what you are saying Dagenspear please correct me.

Comment

Yes you can use the law for a moral crusade, see the Inquesition, but Lance is going about it wrong. If he wanted to give Oliver his piece of mind (as the scene in the van would suggest) then he could've done that without the SCPD and if it was more that he wanted (actually arrest Oliver for Sara's death for example) then it's going to fall apart as quickly as Lance started seeing there's no legal backing to his attack. Lance can't use anything from season 1 or 2 and Oliver/Arrow hasn't really commited any major crime in season 3 such as murder as claimed by Lance. Again, Oliver is no angel but make sure you've actually got something you can use against him before going on the offensive.
                                It's funny how no one was complaining about abuse of power when Lance was helping Oliver, but NOW it's an issue. Abuse of power doesn't matter to me as long as it's being used for the right thing. Like I said: It's not about the law. Again, people seem to have no problem with Oliver breaking the law and getting away with it, but Lance, oh no, that's awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎