5 17.86%

5 17.86%

3 10.71%

3 10.71%

0 0%

0 0%

1 3.57%

0 0%
  • 1 - These writers need to turn themselves in.

1 3.57%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Public Enemy?"

What did you think?

I hate how Lance is completely ignoring the fact that his own daughter didn't tell him Sara died, yet he's more pissed at a man he never actually knew for 2 years for not telling him? Really weak way to turn Lance against Arrow. Not to mention the flashbacks this season couldn't be anymore boring, can we please go back to the island?
    I liked the episode, but the flashbacks are some of the weakest stuff in the episode/season.

I liked seeing Oliver not having a plan for once and actually scared of what could happen. I don't see why anyone believes Roy is the Arrow when Oliver has basically admitted it to Lance and everyone by turning himself into them and running away when they first got to him. Not to mention he doesn't have the facial hair as the Arrow does

Posting Pro
    Whoa. Roy got arrested. Yea I guess there right about the show never being the same. So yea and I will say I fast forward through the Ray/ Felicity and her mother scenes. I don't mind admitting I don't exactly have the patience to watch the drama.

Now good action scenes and character moments. So Oliver, Roy and Laurel being hunted by the police was one amazing scene. Also Diggle, Roy, Felicity and Laurel not willing to give up on Oliver despite everything has shown how far they have all come as a family despite everything.

The Hong Kong flashbacks and Shado goes were handled good. I have a feeling we will not being seeing the last of her just yet.

I'll probably be back when I think of a few other things.

Posting Pro
    Ok now that I've had a chance to think about the flashbacks. What really was the purpose of giving Shado a twin sister besides another "shocker". Now Oliver is yea very skilled in flashbacks but not quite as far as the hallway scene in The Undertaking but probably the most skilled in the flashbacks I've seen him yet.

Forum Regular
    it was good, but left more questions. im still not sure how roy turning himself in as the arrow really solves anything. Lance knows roy is arsenal, he truely knows oliver is the arrow, why is this information being immediately tossed in the wind?? if have a good feeling roy might actually be the death this season, possibly someone wanting revenge on the arrow while roy is in prison for this, not a big fan of the direction they are going with his character, i thought the chase scene was really good probably one of my favorite scenes this season, i felt they could have done alot more with the scene where oliver and lance are talking, with 3 seasons to build up the reveal to lance and everything between the two of them in the past i really thought they could have done so much more with that scene.. the crap with ray and felicity felt a bit forced just to push the characters apart like someone else mentioned it seems the writers wrote this season with a place they would like all the characters to end up but not a logical way to get them there. based on what we have seen in the flash promos oliver will not be wearing a mask and will be in a league outfit, one possible reason for this might actually not be because he joins the league but rather his suit was confiscated when roy turned himself in, the suit he is wearing might be malcoms and might just be borrowed, but because he isnt wearing his mask i have a feeling he is officially outed as the arrow and stops hiding his identity, which makes me wonder where that leaves the rest of the team specifically roy. i am already done with the flashback scenes..these hong kong flashbacks seem only to give us a reason for waller to know who oliver is other then that nothing much has come of it other then maseo and his wife, which is still to this point in time irrellevant giving maseo is so damn bipolar with his motivations and we cant seem to follow whether he wants to help oliver or not.

Forum Whiz
    Oliver Queen is publicly outed as the Arrow by Quentin Lance which would've made the show never be the same only for that to be publicly renounced when Roy gets captured on the streets while Oliver is already in custody (Lance knows he's right but that doesn't hold much weight when more witnesses without this privelaged knowledge see something else). Nothing really new, same ol' same ol' from season 1 only this time it's Roy who wants to pay for killing a cop in season 2 instead of Diggle fooling all potential jurors. Paul Blackthorne did an outstanding job of acting the role he was given but Captain Lance was horribly scripted so that the motivation was totally lost on me. A first year student at profiling could've seen that the MO of this "Arrow" didn't match the season 1 Arrow Lance was chasing and therefore they should be chasing a copycat (everyone Oliver shot/killed in season 1 was a criminal while now the chase was started after innocents were killed/harmed with no criminals around to target). Let's just completely suspend all belief so that the showrunners can run rampant with a storyline they are determined to tell that has no grounded substance with anything previously shown (NOT). This storytelling would fit much better with one-shot episodes instead of a serialized season arc because then they could completely forget what they previously show.

Action good, individual scenes decent, flashbacks OK but storyline and it's cohesion to the series I find appauling.

New In Town
    Really enjoyed this episode overall. Except, the Ray/Felicity scenes brought it down a bit. I couldn't care any less about that relationship if I was actively trying to. The bright side, looking from Felicity's reaction to Ray's "I love you." it seems to be just about over. Really liked the Arrow/Arsenal/Canary escaping from the cops. Think it would have been cooler if it had been more of a drag down and dirty fight for them to escape. Rated it a 7. Would have been a 9, if less of Ray. Sorry, I still can't stand the guy.

Much better than recent weeks. The episode seemed to be more plot driven and didn't feature many over the top character moments.

The good:

- We saw glimpses of Quentin hunting down Oliver in season 1, but it's really gone to a larger scale this time. I loved Quentin's line about everything coming full circle, because it really has. Although that could also be viewed as the writers running out of ideas. Obviously Quentin has reached a boiling point. I still like him as a character and I can see where his grief comes from. I just hope he can find peace eventually.

- Mark Guggenheim claimed (again) that the show would never be the same after this episode. At first I thought he was onto something because Oliver was revealed as the Arrow. Which imo was a dumb move for the show to do, seeing how it backfired when Smallville did it in season 10. But Roy taking the heat instead changed everything. Obviously the show will address the elephant in the room (Lance knowing that Roy is Arsenal and he's really taking the fall for Oliver), but I doubt Lance can do anything about it. Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see where Roy's storyline goes from here.

- Even though the "Shado's sister" excuse was kind of lame, it was great to see Celina Jade back.

- And it was definitely great to see Katrina Law again.

The not so good:

- Felicity's love life. Sorry, utterly boring. Again.

- Not sure Donna Smoak really added anything to the episode besides awkwardness. And it wasn't even funny this time.

- Malcolm's screentime. Really? He's hardly been on the show ever since the Nanda Parbat episode. It's funny how he's considered a regular character, yet a recurring character like Ray Palmer has much more screentime than he has.

7/10.
    Last edited by costas22; 04-02-2015 at 05:58 AM.

Forum Whiz
    Was an enjoyable episode but there were parts that irritated me.

Firstly, I have to say that Paul Blackthorne is an unsung hero of Arrow. He was absolutely brilliant throughout the episode. The best scene of the episode was him and Oliver in the van.

It's always great seeing more Nyssa even though she wasn't used that much.

Action and chase scenes were all great as usual for Arrow.

Now, the parts that irritated me.

Since when could Laurel and Roy take down League of Assassins members? I get that Laurel is being trained by Nyssa (can't wait for Oliver to find out about that) and Roy is trained by Oliver but it seemed rather odd that they could take them down like that.

Donna Smoak was incredibly irritating and, I think, took away from the episode. It probably also doesn't help that I really dislike Felicity these days.

The flashbacks- maybe I missed it but since when has Oliver had that tattoo? Was it when Slade had him on the ship?

Also Oliver's reaction to seeing Shado's "sister" (I don't believe for a second that was Shado's sister) who looked like a carbon copy of Shado was very subdued. The woman that Oliver saw get shot in the head is seemingly reincarnated and Oliver didn't look at all shaken up by it. Was a bit ridiculous.

Why was Malcolm in this episode? He had, like, five seconds of screentime? He seems like such a spare part. Kill him off already. He adds nothing to the show anymore.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Firstly, I have to say that Paul Blackthorne is an unsung hero of Arrow. He was absolutely brilliant throughout the episode. The best scene of the episode was him and Oliver in the van.
    As I said, Paul Blackthorne was great but Captain Lance? For a character that has been shown to be so dedicated to the law with so many years of experience and even suceptable to emotional grief his reasoning for chasing Oliver Queen was once again reduced to personal vendetta and has nothing to do with either the law nor Sara's death. When Laurel confronts him he acknowledges that (he goes back to Sara's "death" on the Queen's Gambit without knowing what happened on the island or why Oliver and Sara where seperated there as reason for his chase even though he talked to Sara since this happened (guess it never dawned on him to ask her why she still stood by Oliver's side...)) it's once again a vendetta and the script in the van, while brilliantly acted, was so off. Why question Oliver Queen and then when he begins to answer tell him to shut up? Lance isn't looking for the truth, justice or answers, he's out to make Oliver Queen pay (even though there's a lot of hate for the Arrow for being with Sara it's specifically Oliver Queen that really fuels his rage). Neither is he upholding the law nor is he looking for closure for his daughter's death but instead using both for a personal attack on Oliver Queen.

Loved Celina Jade being back. Loved all the scenes with Oliver and Shado's sister.
    Liked Oliver turning himself in and the final scene with him and Det. Lance in the car.
    Was hoping Oliver would actually get around to explaining what is going on to Det. Lance. Not sure how he is going to tell him that Thea killed Sara though.
    Not sure where they are going to go with Roy claiming to be the Arrow. Det. Lance already knows this is not true.
    Good to see Ma Smoak again. Hopefully Pa Smoak will appear at some point.
    Seemed like all the resources Ray Palmer had he could have arranged for a place/doctors to treat him with nanobytes instead of having Felicity do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    The flashbacks- maybe I missed it but since when has Oliver had that tattoo? Was it when Slade had him on the ship?
    Slade made a point of giving the tattoo to Oliver on the ship. He wanted him to be forced to remember Shado.

I enjoyed a lot of this episode. It was nice to see the team pull together to support Oliver, and it was great to see Oliver's struggle to figure out the right thing to do. He was acting more like a hero in this episode than he has all season, imho. It was also just nice seeing the team act like a team.

The things I didn't like:
    -Donna Smoak. While there were some good moments, she seems way too focused on the superficial ("hey, at least you have a boyfriend.")
    -Still not cringing any less over the Oliver/Felicity/Ray love triangle. Olicity is inevitable, so I can't help but feel for Ray in knowing that he's going to get his heart broken.
    -Captain Lance. While Paul Blackthorne acted the hell out of this episode, Quentin's motivations were so far off base that it's a little scary that he's in charge of the police department. His vendetta against Oliver/Arrow seemed so personal that he's overlooking common sense and willing to arrest his own daughter?
    -The flashbacks with Shado's twin. That just seemed like such an unnecessary plot twist. I'm hoping they reveal that there's more to the story.

I'm on the fence about Roy going to jail for being the Arrow. I don't really see how it's going to help anything, but it was a pretty cool moment to see him doing whatever it takes to save his mentor.

That was Paul Blackthorne's episode. I might be sceptical about Lance going again the way of the personal vendetta more than anything else, but the actor sold every bit of it. I think they made quite clear that he doesn't believe it was the Arrow, who killed all of those people - he blames him for all what happened after he had appeared. In some way he has a point. The crime in Starling became more extreme. The Arrow reduces the level of the ordinary, street-level crime, but on the other hand there were two terrorist attacks in the span of a year. Whereas the Undertaking would happen with or without the Arrow's involvement, Slade appeared in the city because of him.

It's really, really painful to see Quentin at odds with the Arrow, ignoring all the good he had done for the city and neglecting their close cooperation which lasted for almost two years. Keeping him oblivious about Ollie's true identity for so long was quite stupid, but at this point they did the best what they could with the revelation scene. Quentin admitting that deep down he always know it was Queen, but was ignoring this as long as the man under the hood was doing more good than harm.

There were some plot holes (warrant for all of the Arrow's accomplices and Roy and Felicity still going free and nobody cares, but whatever) and the scenes with Ray and Felicity, while might be not bad in some other episode, here were drawing the attencion away from far more interesting things that were going on. Also, that light-hearted scenes with Donna didn't suit the mood of the episode (and the love triangle mentioned again, please, showrunners, do have some mercy and stop weary us with this crap). Just cut all of this off, and it would be a great episode. As for the Shado's twin - I prefered this than her being alive. The flashbacks were fine, even if not anything special.

I'm not going to focus on the weaker parts of the episode, which were already pointed out. I foreshadowed that they are going to reveal Oliver's identity public and they did. Although I think that now with Roy taking the blame on him they are going to take a step back, but still, thanks to this turn of the events there were same excellent scenes. Ollie who for a change has no backup plan. Ollie turning himself in on the police station to protect his team. Lance throwing in Ollie's face the names of the people who are dead because of him. It's angry!Lance, not thinking clearly - I think that Laurel's words from the episode 3x15 about him being angry with her and how he is going to act now before they will come to peace with each other can be applied also to his feeling towards Oliver right now. Although it's hard to imagine they are going to be on as good terms as in the season 2. Pity.

The manhunt, the police chasing after the team, Quentin confronting his own daughter with the gun, brought to the point where he was going to put her into the jail, thinking that this way he can save here... They were very good scenes. I liked this episode, even if some parts didn't make sense. But I appreciate that they put here scenes, which should be shown even earlier (I actually pointed that out in the topic about the previous episode) - Lance asking Laurel about the Arrow's name, Oliver calling Lance to tell him he is not responsible for those murders. I liked also scenes between Laurel and Quentin - especially the one when he admits he knows and Laurel, who is out of words, is too afraid to look into his eyes.

The team Arrow showing on the police station was one of the scenes which doesn't make much sense (too risky, even if it's thanks to Laurels involvement and the deal Oliver made with the police) - but again delivers some emotional stuff. Oliver calling Dig "John" and asking all of them to let him take the whole blame shows how defeated he feels right now.

I guess now I have to watch it again, omitting the scenes with Ray and Felicity. While it was not a perfect episode, it was enjoyable to watch, it had some intense scenes and it puts the characters in interesting places. I'm only sceptical about how they are now going explain that everyone all of sudden are going to believe that Roy it's the Arrow - [SPOILER]we know that the foundry is going to be discovered by the police. Oliver's fingerprints are all over the place and there is many other proofs that he is the Arrow.[/SPOILER]

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsofnever
    I'm on the fence about Roy going to jail for being the Arrow. I don't really see how it's going to help anything, but it was a pretty cool moment to see him doing whatever it takes to save his mentor.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't believe that they would let Oliver go - there just too many things that points out that he is the vigilante.

I liked it overall. Some issues with secrets and lies, but otherwise one of the better eps. this season.

Everything is unfolding as Ra's said it would (and planned to make it unfold this way.) And with all the secrets and lies Ollie and his team have been keeping, it was all too easy for Ra's and the LoA to tug at one thread to make it all unravel. It's not like the secrets and lies were keeping themselves. They were always at risk of exposure, Ra's just kicked the door open to them.

It was a dramatically heavy episode, so I didn't have as much issue with the lighter Raylicity subplot. The premature I-love-you? Sorry about that, Ray. I was hoping Raylicity would have more wind in its sails, if only to forestall Olicity coming back with renewed strength ... but who am I kidding. The show will milk Olicity for all its worth into the finale. By Zod, let it find its soapy end then.

The HK flashbacks didn't do much for me, other than reinforcing the "power of truth" theme in the main plot.

I don't see it as much of an issue that Quentin didn't rehash the -- at this point, too-repetitive -- melodramatic nonsense re: Laurel and Sara's death because as a viewer, I've had my fill of this particular secret, which has already been exhausted/exploited to death in S3 as a Lance family wedge issue. And anyway, he had a full serving of Ollie's own secrets and lies re: Sara in this episode. Blackthorne was great in this episode, and again, it's regrettable that the non-melodramatic point his character was making -- when you detach it (pry it with extreme difficulty?) from the "Sara's secret" melodrama drivel -- was that he's hating what his complicity in the Hood/the Arrow's vigilantism has done to him, what it has made him do/become, both as a cop who allegedly serves justice and to his integrity in this role. This is my own takeaway from their scene in the van, as difficult as it may be to separate it from the "you didn't tell me that Sara was dead!" sudsy crap.

Yeah, he's still understandably sore about secrets and lies around Sara's death -- and it's unfortunate that the show continues to rehash old and even previous-seasons issues (they continue to milk Roy's guilt over killing that cop back in S2, as another example, using this to motivate his Arrow bait-and-switch move). My concern would be that the switcheroo actually convinces Quentin and the cops that they got the wrong guy -- and that the legitimate issues he and the authorities have with Ollie and team's brand of vigilantism will simply be washed under the bridge, or worse, forgotten beneath the melodramatic aftermath of Sara's death.

(Wouldn't any sharp-eyed cop notice that Roy-Arrow is shorter than the guy who's been on rooftops for the past three years? In SC -- probably not )

Ollie cannot smell like a rose after this ep., the lies and their consequences have bubbled up to the top now, and the choice Ollie has struggled with -- his conflicting identities as Queen and the Arrow -- is now before him. The choice has always remained his: is he more the Hood/the Arrow now -- or has Oliver Queen emerged from his long darkness?

I would've been cool, called this a great episode even if it wasn't for Lance needing to have the Arrow's identity actually spelled out for him, all Ra's should've needed to say is something along the lines of "you already know who he is" with Quentin saying it a couple seconds later. Quentin should just retire and then Roy, stupid, stupid Roy...

The writing and direction of this season has been terrible and the pandering to "Olicity" shippers and the melodrama that's come out of it has been the vomit icing on top. Never mind the stupid drama with Laurel keeping Sara's death from her father, that was just ridiculous. :vomitemoticongoeshere:

On the bright side we got this GIF from Reddit (though I saw it elsewhere) of that silly escape scene.

Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 04-02-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast