No announcement yet.

Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)

The companion series to the Walking Dead which premieres sometime this summer. This will focus more on the outbreak. Atleast from what I have heard.

Teaser Promo:

I'm excited to see more of how the virus got started, but I HATE the title.

Comment

Could have called it Walking Dead: Outbreak or something.

Comment

Yes I was hoping it would be "The Walking Dead: SOMETHING." I like Outbreak. I guess maybe it could have a limited relevance to the show since - if it lasts - it will span time beyond the initial outbreak. Still it's better than Fear the Walking Dead. Yuck. I guess having it be like Law and Order: LA or something is sort of cheesy.

Ah well. As long as the show is good. We'll see.

Comment

This should fill that big gap between now and October.

Comment

I'm pretty sure no matter the title people were still gonna complain about it.

One good thing: Kim Dickens (played the hooker on SOA) is a female lead. Yesss.

Comment

AMC gives Fear the Walking Dead a 15 episode Second Season order.

The First Season doesn't premiere until August 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
                I'm excited to see more of how the virus got started
                Same here, mostly because—after finding out all of them were infected (or carriers, basically)—the origin of the virus was never really explained.

For some reason, I always assumed it was a military/government experiment gone wrong that eventually spread (sort of like the super-flu from The Stand).

I don't really care what they call it as long as there's lots of character development in lieu of hacking up walkers, because that's just gotten old, at least for me.

Comment

Series Premiere in 1 Week. Hoping its good.

Comment

Series Premiere Tonight

Comment

So, what did you all think about the premiere this past Sunday night?

I thought it was ok. There were a couple instances where I felt they created a sense of unease and anxiety (The camera panning in on the sleeping student and the hunched over principal in the office, for example). As the camera moved in during those shots, it made me anxious, and I was anticipating something bad happening each time.

A couple things bothered me, though, such as:
                      • The costumes they used on Nick. I get that he was supposed to be strung out, but the women's shirt and baggy jeans? I felt like I was watching something shot in the 90's. All I could think was, "Pull your damn pants up!" The outfit after he left the hospital was equally bad, too. Hopefully, the character is headed for a makeover, because he could use one.
                      • Travis telling Madison, "Something bad happened there." Then, after she asks him to take her to the drug den, she says, "Something bad happened here," after looking around for 10 seconds. Ok...So, instead of taking Travis' word for it, that's what they made her say after going inside? It just seemed so generic to me.
                      • The stereotypes. I get that nobody was really supposed to believe Nick because he was high (and a full-blown addict), but: Did every character have to act as if he was crazy just because he was high at the time? It also bugged me that, of the two black characters, one turns out to be a drug dealer. I get that it's supposed to be L.A., but not every black person that lives in L.A. is a drug dealer.

Issues aside, I thought it was a good pilot, but there is some serious room for improvement, which I'm sure they're addressing as they go. I'm glad the season will be short, though.

Comment

I enjoyed the premiere to some extent. I loved them showing people going about their everyday lives and a few zombie appearances. I'm looking forward to seeing how the zombies overrun the military. They have some really serious weapons that would shred zombies and I don't see how they would lose.

I removed the last few sentences from this post. I would like to apologize for my bellicosity for those who may have read it. "Fear the Walking Dead" thread is NOT the place to argue this particular subject.
                        Last edited by Glove; 08-31-2015, 06:07 AM.

Comment

New Episode Tonight

Comment

Two episodes in now. Well, it is getting a bit better for me. I found pilot to be very slow and draggy. I think in first 45 minutes, most of time seemed to go back and forth between the drug den and the hospital -- I was beginning to feel claustrophobic. I am willing to give the show some time, as there are quite a few shows I have really liked but it took a few episodes to get into before I did like them (though I guess we don't have more than 6 or 7 eps -- so it better happen soon!)

Problems for me:
                            1. Not connecting with the family. After 2nd ep, maybe I feel a bit of a connection to Nick, but for sure feel a bit of dislike for Madison (I guess it's like: well, since I don't have many other characters to choose from, I'll just have to make do with her...). But really, they could kill off any one of the family members and I wouldn't miss them. I'd feel bad for the other family members that they lost a member, but I wouldn't really care otherwise. In fact, the character I liked the most so far was the principal...oh, well.....

2. Feel like I am stuck with this family and the big teenage-son-drug addict story line and I really don't care about it. I feel like I have to put up with this story line as a placeholder until the rest of the story can emerge...so I just find myself wanting the scenes to end and move on. I would have preferred that they give us several different groups of people, and with probably more superficial views at what was going on in their personal lives prior to virus/chaos (ie no one with an overly dramatic storyline or if so, then just small tastes of the drama going on ) and then let us have various perspectives from those groups as to how the virus and chaos spread. Instead feels like I am watching a show not about how the virus spread/early events, but rather a show about a family with a problem who, oh by the way, just happened to be surrounded by a spreading zombie virus and breakdown of civilization...So, what will it take to rid me of the focus on this drug addict storyline? Nick's death? Because if so, then I say go for it and let us get more intimate views of what's going on with some other groups of people who are not necessarily connected to this one family -- feels very limiting right now...

3. Silly, but in the pilot the hospital was so filthy (stains on walls and ceilings) that it took me out of the story. If civilized society had been gradually eroding, then yes I would expect that, as it appeared to indicate lack of resources and an acceptance of what would normally be unacceptable conditions in hospital facility. Don't know if this was a set design choice to make things look "gritty" and "real" and I don't think a shiny bright polished room would have been compatible with the overall look of the show, but this was too much in terms of looking filthy and had me thinking about set design (did they choose this look deliberately) versus budget (was it b/c the place they filmed was low budget) or what?

Comment

New Episode Tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎