No announcement yet.

Does Lance suffers from amnesia?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Lance suffers from amnesia?

So now we have Quentin fully back to his season-one-I-loathe-the-vigilante-self.

Can anyone find a logicial explanation why in 3x17 he didn't try to get to the Arrow through his accomplices? Does he really need to wait till [SPOILER]Ra's spills out Oliver's identity[/SPOILER] when he knows very well that Felicity works with him closely, Roy is Arsenal and moreover that Laurel knows who the vigilante truly is (well, they are on not speaking terms right now, but srsly...).

Also, don't you find disappointing that he doesn't show any shred of doubt about the recent events? Even in season one he didn't like the idea about pinning the crimes of another archer on the Hood. I don't buy that Lance wouldn't at least listen to Oliver's side of the story, if he tried to make contact with him.

I really hate that they are trying to make Lance unsympathetic again...

Season 3 is just giving more and more reasons not to waste my time with the show, it's as if the showrunners are deliberately sabotaging the show. The show's concept I still find appealing but not the direction the showrunners are going with it. I was never a huge Superman fan but I found the concept of Smallville interesting, I just jumped into the show so late that the soap opera it was/became was already rampant and turned me away immediately. Season 3 Arrow is heading down the same road, we'll see how long I continue riding along (not long I fear, very few redeeming highlights in this season to sway me). Flash I'll jump ship at the first serious signs of following Smallville and Arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
      Season 3 is just giving more and more reasons not to waste my time with the show, it's as if the showrunners are deliberately sabotaging the show. The show's concept I still find appealing but not the direction the showrunners are going with it. I was never a huge Superman fan but I found the concept of Smallville interesting, I just jumped into the show so late that the soap opera it was/became was already rampant and turned me away immediately. Season 3 Arrow is heading down the same road, we'll see how long I continue riding along (not long I fear, very few redeeming highlights in this season to sway me). Flash I'll jump ship at the first serious signs of following Smallville and Arrow.
      Smallville was far superior than this show by this point in its run.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
        So now we have Quentin fully back to his season-one-I-loathe-the-vigilante-self.

Can anyone find a logicial explanation why in 3x17 he didn't try to get to the Arrow through his accomplices? Does he really need to wait till [SPOILER]Ra's spills out Oliver's identity[/SPOILER] when he knows very well that Felicity works with him closely, Roy is Arsenal and moreover that Laurel knows who the vigilante truly is (well, they are on not speaking terms right now, but srsly...).

Also, don't you find disappointing that he doesn't show any shred of doubt about the recent events? Even in season one he didn't like the idea about pinning the crimes of another archer on the Hood. I don't buy that Lance wouldn't at least listen to Oliver's side of the story, if he tried to make contact with him.

Unsympathetic? How? I'm finding him to be rootable for right now. I mean, sure, the writing isn't very good... But that's to be expected. But, to answer the thread question: Yes. Quentin does have amnesia. As shown by how he got onto Laurel for breaking their trust when he did the almost exact same thing last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
          Smallville was far superior than this show by this point in its run.
          Season 3 of Smallville was better than Arrow this year, but I'd say last season of Arrow blows out any season Smallville had. Arrow is just in a slump this year.

Comment

I had never thought about this before... But now you come to mention it, you make a good point! A lot of his actions don't really make a ot of sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
              Season 3 of Smallville was better than Arrow this year, but I'd say last season of Arrow blows out any season Smallville had. Arrow is just in a slump this year.
              Nah. Slade's awful motivation. Isabel's bad backstory. Shado fridging. Olicity: The Beginning. Diggle being a background character for most of the season. Thea just hanging around. Roy being put into a coma for half a season. Laurel's storyline happening offscreen. Laurel's storyline. Quentin's lack of an arc. Felicity's lack of an arc. Last season was a precursor to this season.

Comment

Unsympathetic? How? I'm finding him to be rootable for right now. I mean, sure, the writing isn't very good... But that's to be expected. But, to answer the thread question: Yes. Quentin does have amnesia. As shown by how he got onto Laurel for breaking their trust when he did the almost exact same thing last year.
                Well, at least thanks to his action we will get a story arc, which should put an end to few really bad ones, we had this season.

However, by unsympathetic I meant that I always imagined that if it ever came to the situation like this he would do his duty (which is bringing the Arrow to the justice, not ordering to shot him to kill), because he believes that the law is sacred. But after all they have been trough together he should give him at least some benefit of the doubt. Switching him from Arrow-friendly-mode to Arrow-loathe-mode on the span of just two episodes proves only how bad is the writing. I'm still sure that Paul Blackthorne is going to do an amazing job in the "Public enemy" episode, because he is a great actor, but really, after all this it's hard to believe that they will ever cooperate again with Oliver in the future. Well, they probably won't, because I'm sure that they are going to kill his character off in some stupid way.

And no, bad writing is not to be expected, taking into consideration where they started. I've rewatched 1x09 (the one where The Dark Archer appears for the first time) yesterday and really, there is a huge difference between what this show used to be and what it is now.

Originally posted by Luthorsrock123
                I had never thought about this before... But now you come to mention it, you make a good point! A lot of his actions don't really make a ot of sense!
                One short scene with him and Oliver on the very beginning of the episode, talking about those crimes and Lance giving him some time to prove his innocence was apparently not important enough to be put into the plot. No, surely, love triangle was far more fascinating... -_-

Comment

Well, at least thanks to his action we will get a story arc, which should put an end to few really bad ones, we had this season.

However, by unsympathetic I meant that I always imagined that if it ever came to the situation like this he would do his duty (which is bringing the Arrow to the justice, not ordering to shot him to kill), because he believes that the law is sacred. But after all they have been trough together he should give him at least some benefit of the doubt. Switching him from Arrow-friendly-mode to Arrow-loathe-mode on the span of just two episodes proves only how bad is the writing. I'm still sure that Paul Blackthorne is going to do an amazing job in the "Public enemy" episode, because he is a great actor, but really, after all this it's hard to believe that they will ever cooperate again with Oliver in the future. Well, they probably won't, because I'm sure that they are going to kill his character off in some stupid way.

And no, bad writing is not to be expected, taking into consideration where they started. I've rewatched 1x09 (the one where The Dark Archer appears for the first time) yesterday and really, there is a huge difference between what this show used to be and what it is now.
                  By, "to be expected" I meant that the writing has gotten bad this season. It was starting to get bad in season 2, but this season's gotten worse. I mean, at least last season it was pretty darn entertaining. So, yeah, you're very right. The season 1 quality was very good compared to this. At this point, I just don't like Oliver at all. I've always thought it would be a very interesting storyline if Oliver went to jail, too.

Comment

Season 1 I saw Oliver as Sheriff Lucas Hood of Banshee and expected Quentin Lance to be Deputy Brock Lotus, a devote belief in the law but in time willing to bend the rules. Instead we're getting a whiny "why doesn't everybody love me" vigilante and a police captain with a personal ax to grind turning the entire show to crap. Yes Quentin's turn will provide a story arc that might be interesting but seeing how the showrunners dropped Lance giving Arrow a chance to prove his innocence in order to further the Olicity/love triangle/soap drama I doubt the potential Lance's turn provides will do much to save the season aside from us loosing Paul Blackthorne from the show.

Comment

By, "to be expected" I meant that the writing has gotten bad this season. It was starting to get bad in season 2, but this season's gotten worse. I mean, at least last season it was pretty darn entertaining. So, yeah, you're very right. The season 1 quality was very good compared to this. At this point, I just don't like Oliver at all. I've always thought it would be a very interesting storyline if Oliver went to jail, too.
                      Right, I see what you mean. Yes, season 2 also had weak moments (for example Slade's reason to hate Oliver came out of blue), but as you said it was still entertaining for the most part. It also brought some excellent episodes ("Broken Dolls" and "Three Ghosts" are among my favourite ones) and there were still great characters around like Moira and Walter. Season 3 had some highlights - "Sara", "Corto Maltese" or Arrow-without-Arrow story arc was mostly good, thanks to Vinnie Jones's part as Brick - there managed to show that he was a major threat to the city. But as the whole this season is just falling apart. There are guys, who comment the episodes of the show on the channel called Geekvolution and they pointed out one of the biggest flaws in the writing, which I think hit the nail on the head - the showrunners just tend to put the characters in the places/situations where they would like them to be, without thinking too much how to get them there. Hence, we got Oliver protecting Merlyn, even when there is no more reason for this or Felicity being Oliver's love of the life (apparently after Laurel, Sara, then Laurel again).

Yes, a storyline with Ollie in jail would be a good story arc (also a nod to that movie with Green Arrow they once planned to make). I think it would be interesting if the present time would show Oliver in jail and where the other characters are/what they are doing, and the rest was in the flashbacks, but in the way the episodes 1x14, 2x14 and 3x14 were constructed - swapping the proportions between the past and the present. But well, I guess putting together a consistent story like this seems now to be out of the range of the showrunners. Really, while watching some of the episodes I really wonder how anyone could read that script and decide "it's great, let's do this". Also how they can turn an action show into a soap opera.

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
                      Season 1 I saw Oliver as Sheriff Lucas Hood of Banshee and expected Quentin Lance to be Deputy Brock Lotus, a devote belief in the law but in time willing to bend the rules. Instead we're getting a whiny "why doesn't everybody love me" vigilante and a police captain with a personal ax to grind turning the entire show to crap. Yes Quentin's turn will provide a story arc that might be interesting but seeing how the showrunners dropped Lance giving Arrow a chance to prove his innocence in order to further the Olicity/love triangle/soap drama I doubt the potential Lance's turn provides will do much to save the season aside from us loosing Paul Blackthorne from the show.
                      I'm afraid that it's going to be the final outcome. It really hurts that they are doing this when the Arrow and Lance were almost on as good terms as Batman and Gordon. Well, they were stories when their ways parted, but hell, even in that dark vision in Batman TAS "Over The Edge" he still wanted to get him prosecuted and answer for crimes, not killed on the spot. Actually I wish they ripped most of the plot of that Batman TAS episode, because then there would be a chance that it would be as good as it looks in the trailer.

Comment

Right, I see what you mean. Yes, season 2 also had weak moments (for example Slade's reason to hate Oliver came out of blue), but as you said it was still entertaining for the most part. It also brought some excellent episodes ("Broken Dolls" and "Three Ghosts" are among my favourite ones) and there were still great characters around like Moira and Walter. Season 3 had some highlights - "Sara", "Corto Maltese" or Arrow-without-Arrow story arc was mostly good, thanks to Vinnie Jones's part as Brick - there managed to show that he was a major threat to the city. But as the whole this season is just falling apart. There are guys, who comment the episodes of the show on the channel called Geekvolution and they pointed out one of the biggest flaws in the writing, which I think hit the nail on the head - the showrunners just tend to put the characters in the places/situations where they would like them to be, without thinking too much how to get them there. Hence, we got Oliver protecting Merlyn, even when there is no more reason for this or Felicity being Oliver's love of the life (apparently after Laurel, Sara, then Laurel again).

Yes, a storyline with Ollie in jail would be a good story arc (also a nod to that movie with Green Arrow they once planned to make). I think it would be interesting if the present time would show Oliver in jail and where the other characters are/what they are doing, and the rest was in the flashbacks, but in the way the episodes 1x14, 2x14 and 3x14 were constructed - swapping the proportions between the past and the present. But well, I guess putting together a consistent story like this seems now to be out of the range of the showrunners. Really, while watching some of the episodes I really wonder how anyone could read that script and decide "it's great, let's do this". Also how they can turn an action show into a soap opera.
                        I obviously agree. And hey! That GA movie was actually where I got the idea to want it happen on this show!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎