View Poll Results: What did you think?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Great

    4 20.00%
  • 9

    1 5.00%
  • 8

    3 15.00%
  • 7

    2 10.00%
  • 6

    2 10.00%
  • 5

    1 5.00%
  • 4

    3 15.00%
  • 3

    2 10.00%
  • 2

    1 5.00%
  • 1 - Bad Episode Tendencies

    1 5.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by spotteddog View Post
    Ok, seriously ? Iron Man is a rip-off of Metallo ? Not even close !! Just truly compare the characters. And as far as Tony Stark being a Bruce Wayne ripoff, other than vast wealth, there are almost no similarities. You want a Bruce Wayne ripoff ? Meet Oliver Queen. Whew ...

    I actually don't care about who ripped off who, I just don't find the character engaging at all. Surprising, because I really like Brandon. But I don't think I am alone in my opinion.
    I'm referring to the concept of a metal man with a heart replaced by an artificial power source. The character development over 50 years has made them very different, but that's where the original idea came from. Bruce Wayne is the original millionaire, womanizing play boy Captain of industry that Tony Stark became.

  2. #32
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen, Germany
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    I'm referring to the concept of a metal man with a heart replaced by an artificial power source. The character development over 50 years has made them very different, but that's where the original idea came from. Bruce Wayne is the original millionaire, womanizing play boy Captain of industry that Tony Stark became.
    One can over simplify. So is the clear plexiglass face visor representive of Clark Kent's glasses as a disguise or Tony Stark's open acknowledgement of his superhero identity?

  3. #33
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Posts
    524
    It's nice to see the LOA proving why they are such a feared group. Before this episode I was just taking it on faith that they are a force to be reckoned with. At least now we are seeing them implement a scheme. But it seems to me the impersonator archer is kind of old hat in Starling City. For bad guys we had Merlyn and Cupid. For good guys we've had Diggle. The cops were on to the fact it was a different guy most of the time, so why not this time? Is it because Quentin is mad at Arrow now? Can he not put aside his personal issues and focus on facts when it comes to his work?

    Deadshot is becoming a favorite character. I really hope he is not dead. The scene where they forced him to take off his shirt and Diggle saw his brothers name carved there - wow. Didn't really know what Diggle was going to do. He appears to have some type of conscious, and it is interesting to see his past. He is mentally damaged.

    Cupid is kind of a fun character also. She is sort of silly to me, but it plays well in this dark world of the Arrow.

    Where was the Bronze Tiger? Has he worked off his debt to Argus? I believe there is a deal, be a member of the Suicide Squad and work off time on your sentence?

    The whole idea of a corrupt Senator using a secret high tech military force (ARGUS) to do some shenanigans seems very SHIELD. And I felt the entire time how easy it would have been for Deadshot to take the guy out. I hope Deadshot survived the mission.

    I liked when Diggle decided to quit Arrow, and then Lyla talked him out of it. This was done quickly and not drawn out over multiple episodes. It gives us insight into the characters. And if Lyla has quit ARGUS then maybe she will sometimes help Arrow? She's a capable soldier, and would be a shame for her character to be tossed into the background.

    Waller once again proves she is big trouble. She won't let Lyla come clean on the Senator? What does it matter to her if a Senator is taken down? Or is she afraid the guy is going to bring ARGUS into the light of day? This subplot will probably be dropped, but they could really do more with it.

    The plot of Ray deciding to go after Oliver was humorous. I really didn't think Ray stood a chance but at least it was wrapped up quickly. But, like many others, I really want to know what happened to Roy. And what does Ray think he is doing running around electrocuting people? Does he even know this is safe, or whatever? I have not qualms with Arrow and taking people out, but Ray is suppose to be a different kind of character.
    And I also had a thought, a semi-stalker with X Ray vision I'm actually warming up to Ray after a long time.

    The scene between Laurel and Ray was good. I don't recall the two interacting much before this. The one thing that bugged me was Laurel crossing almost into abuse of power territory here. And I had no idea Ray would discover she is Black Canary so quickly. How does he know she used to be with Oliver? Stalker powers I suppose

    And I really wonder, where were Thea and Malcolm during all of this?

  4. #34
    Forum Whiz Amarice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post
    Wow... Guess I missed the change in his fletching. Guess the lightening of his cockvane is supposed to parallel his evolution into the Arrow. S1 I could've sworn he used 3 green.
    Nope. They are like that since the very beginning. Although it's hard to notice - there is not too much close ups of the fletching, besides the action scenes are pretty dark so often there is no way to tell what is the exact color.

  5. #35
    Board Master Dagenspear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk777 View Post
    It's nice to see the LOA proving why they are such a feared group. Before this episode I was just taking it on faith that they are a force to be reckoned with. At least now we are seeing them implement a scheme. But it seems to me the impersonator archer is kind of old hat in Starling City. For bad guys we had Merlyn and Cupid. For good guys we've had Diggle. The cops were on to the fact it was a different guy most of the time, so why not this time? Is it because Quentin is mad at Arrow now? Can he not put aside his personal issues and focus on facts when it comes to his work?

    Deadshot is becoming a favorite character. I really hope he is not dead. The scene where they forced him to take off his shirt and Diggle saw his brothers name carved there - wow. Didn't really know what Diggle was going to do. He appears to have some type of conscious, and it is interesting to see his past. He is mentally damaged.

    Cupid is kind of a fun character also. She is sort of silly to me, but it plays well in this dark world of the Arrow.

    Where was the Bronze Tiger? Has he worked off his debt to Argus? I believe there is a deal, be a member of the Suicide Squad and work off time on your sentence?

    The whole idea of a corrupt Senator using a secret high tech military force (ARGUS) to do some shenanigans seems very SHIELD. And I felt the entire time how easy it would have been for Deadshot to take the guy out. I hope Deadshot survived the mission.

    I liked when Diggle decided to quit Arrow, and then Lyla talked him out of it. This was done quickly and not drawn out over multiple episodes. It gives us insight into the characters. And if Lyla has quit ARGUS then maybe she will sometimes help Arrow? She's a capable soldier, and would be a shame for her character to be tossed into the background.

    Waller once again proves she is big trouble. She won't let Lyla come clean on the Senator? What does it matter to her if a Senator is taken down? Or is she afraid the guy is going to bring ARGUS into the light of day? This subplot will probably be dropped, but they could really do more with it.

    The plot of Ray deciding to go after Oliver was humorous. I really didn't think Ray stood a chance but at least it was wrapped up quickly. But, like many others, I really want to know what happened to Roy. And what does Ray think he is doing running around electrocuting people? Does he even know this is safe, or whatever? I have not qualms with Arrow and taking people out, but Ray is suppose to be a different kind of character.
    And I also had a thought, a semi-stalker with X Ray vision I'm actually warming up to Ray after a long time.

    The scene between Laurel and Ray was good. I don't recall the two interacting much before this. The one thing that bugged me was Laurel crossing almost into abuse of power territory here. And I had no idea Ray would discover she is Black Canary so quickly. How does he know she used to be with Oliver? Stalker powers I suppose

    And I really wonder, where were Thea and Malcolm during all of this?
    Yeah. How dare Ray actually ya know do some research and actually investigate the bad guys he's going after.

  6. #36
    Forum Regular Lois_Lane_Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    344
    I absolutely loved seeing the return of Cupid in this episode. She's my favorite villain from "Arrow," and even though she didn't have as much to do here as she had in her last appearance, it was fun seeing her again just the same.

    Deadshot's death was somewhat surprising to me, but like some others here, I quickly had to wonder if it had anything to do with the upcoming movie about the Suicide Squad. I will say that even if this is the last that we see of him on "Arrow," at least the character was allowed to go out with a heroic final appearance.

    The Arrow vs. the Atom was fun to watch, simply because we got to see some of what the Atom can do. I am glad that the Arrow ended up winning, though, and despite the fact that I enjoyed the scene, I hope we don't see the two of them fighting again later. Now that Ray knows that Oliver isn't guilty of the murders the two of them need to work together and not act like enemies.
    Last edited by Lois_Lane_Fan; 03-30-2015 at 08:52 AM.

  7. #37
    Board Master Dagenspear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois_Lane_Fan View Post
    I absolutely loved seeing the return of Cupid in this episode. She's my favorite villain from "Arrow," and even though she didn't have as much to do here as she had in her last appearance, it was fun seeing her again just the same.

    Deadshot's death was somewhat surprising to me, but like some others here, I quickly had to wonder if it had anything to do with the upcoming move about the Suicide Squad. I will say that even if this is the last that we see of him on "Arrow," at least the character was allowed to go out with a heroic final appearance.

    The Arrow vs. the Atom was fun to watch, simply because we got to see some of what the Atom can do. I am glad that the Arrow ended up winning, though, and despite the fact that I enjoyed the scene, I hope we don't see the two of them fighting again later. Now that Ray knows that Oliver isn't guilty of the murders the two of them need to work together and not act like enemies.
    Well, not guilty of those murders.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •