2 10.00%

1 5.00%

3 15.00%

2 10.00%

1 5.00%
  • 1 - Bad Episode Tendencies

1 5.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Did they kill off deadshot because of the upcoming movie?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowaddict22 View Post
    Did they kill off deadshot because of the upcoming movie?
    I don't think Deadshot is dead because they never found the body so he will possibly be back. Deadshot is also one of the more popular members of the Suicide Squad.

We are going to have two versions of the Flash.

I really hope that Deadshot isn't dead. I wouldn't be surprised if WB/DC told them they couldn't use him anymore. Even if we're going to have two Flashes, they've always prioritized their movie division over TV. But I agree, Halberdier-I'm not buying any death where you don't see a body.

I liked this episode for the most part. I'm still rolling my eyes at the love triangle and how it's been handled, but aside from that, this was a fairly solid episode. I enjoyed the little 'X-ray vision' callback, though it's kind of bizarre that Ray's suit can do that. I think it was good for Ray to get the chance to see that he was in the wrong and to lose that fight so he sees that a super suit isn't enough. He still needs to be able to out-think and out-strategize his opponent. I agree with everyone else who mentioned that it's kind of crummy that Roy keeps getting knocked out early in every fight. Do the stunt coordinators just not want to work him into fights? Or are we supposed to believe that he's not very competent?

One thing that this season is getting really right is the friendship between Laurel and Felicity. I like that they haven't been posed as rivals. The little moment where Laurel commented on Felicity getting the bouquet was cute. I also liked her trying to protect Oliver when Ray was trying to out him as the Arrow. Though I have no idea why he went straight to an assistant DA instead of the police or the DA. that was kind of a weird moment.

I was also a little surprised that they considered Cupid clear for duty when she's so very off her rocker, but she did provide some lighter moments in this episode, even if the 'crazy woman' trope is a little uncomfortable.

All in all, not sure how I'd rate this. It wasn't a bad episode and Oliver was more likable in it, but it also wasn't great.

It was an average episode, more of the typical fare we've gotten.

The best parts for me were the Suicide Squad segments and (pause for dramatic effect) ... a Deadshot backstory in the Arrow universe. Deadshot has definitely grown on me since they decided to develop him beyond that of a placeholder on Diggle's team. It's unfortunate if he is indeed dead/on extended leave due to the new movie (it may have nothing to do with it either). But I can totally see how Cupid is the proxy character on the show for Harley, who most likely isn't on the show due to the movie.

Ollie thwarting the League imposters was almost a sideshow in this episode, crammed among Diggle and Lyla's wedding, the Squad mission, the Deadshot flashbacks, Ray's investigation into Ollie, Raylicity and rapid conversion into Team Arrow believer ie the Ray subplots.

And, with regret, the leviathan that is S3 Olicity reared its head. If there was any takeway from this buffet of melodrama, it was that the lingering trust issues Felicity had with Ray and Ollie (and vice versa) came to the fore. Felicity was rightly called out on them, especially by Ray who has been more upfront with her than she's ever been with him.

Even Ollie had a bit of a point -- I'm setting aside his sappy Olicity causes for now -- since she also kept the info about Ray's suit plans and use of her software to herself. And, surprise surprise, she ends up smelling like a rose by the end of it. She ended up being "right" -- so both Ray and Ollie's legitimate concerns about her divided loyalties/trustworthiness become just water under the bridge.

Quentin's sniping (of course fueled by Lance family melodrama) was funny in an unintentional way. I'd agree with JDBentz -- keep the family drama out of the workplace, Captain Lance. It's called a leave of absence: take one to deal with your issues.

Some good in this episode, some necessary things -- and a whole lot of soap. I should have brought laundry to this episode.

Forum Whiz
    It's funny how a single episode can have both excellent and atrocious scenes in it.

The Diggle scenes were excellent. It's always great getting Diggle centric episodes and I don't understand why we don't get more of them.

Loved Cupid and Deadshot, the flashbacks for Deadshot were very good. Loved Cupid's question about the florist and then her saying how expensive it must of been. I found that hilarious.

Also great to see Lyla. Liked her line about families who go on different planes so there kids are left with at least one parent. My family do that all the time.

Anything involving Felicity was atrocious. Her character is a shadow of its former self. I found her so winy and irritating this episode. Laurel is leagues better as a character now.

The fight scene and then what happened after with Oliver, Ray and Roy was appalling. First of all, that fight sequence didn't suit the show at all. I found it very unArrow.

Then what happened after was just completely ridiculous. Even though Ray literally fried Roy, Oliver still forgave him. I mean, really Oliver? Is proving to Felicity that you want her to be happy so important to you? Your teammate gets fried and you do absolutely nothing? Hated it.

Enjoyed the Suicide Squad as always. Deadshot and Cupid were great. Really hope Deadshot isn't dead. Enter the H.I.V.E.

For the most part I thought this was a pretty good episode - I gave it an 8.

However, I have finally decided that I absolutely detest Ray Palmer/The Atom. First of all, the DC name The Atom may be used for this character, but he is nothing more than a cheap Iron Man knockoff. I shudder to think that the current Ray Palmer might even have been intended as a cheap Tony Stark knockoff. Seriously, this character might be the biggest screw-up in the history of TV Superhero shows. And CW thinks they can launch another show with this character as the centerpiece ? Save your money people - spend it on making Arrow, Flash, or the coming Supergirl into better shows.

Note: I want to be very clear that I very much enjoy Brandon Routh - this is not in any way a criticism of his work.

Finally - is Roy still sizzling like a piece of bacon on the ground ? Because Oliver didn't seem like he was going back for him.

Quote Originally Posted by spotteddog View Post
    For the most part I thought this was a pretty good episode - I gave it an 8.

However, I have finally decided that I absolutely detest Ray Palmer/The Atom. First of all, the DC name The Atom may be used for this character, but he is nothing more than a cheap Iron Man knockoff. I shudder to think that the current Ray Palmer might even have been intended as a cheap Tony Stark knockoff. Seriously, this character might be the biggest screw-up in the history of TV Superhero shows. And CW thinks they can launch another show with this character as the centerpiece ? Save your money people - spend it on making Arrow, Flash, or the coming Supergirl into better shows.

Note: I want to be very clear that I very much enjoy Brandon Routh - this is not in any way a criticism of his work.

Finally - is Roy still sizzling like a piece of bacon on the ground ? Because Oliver didn't seem like he was going back for him.
    I disagree with all of the people making the Iron Man comparisons. I think they signed Brandon, so they decided to make him super strong, able to fly, gave him X-Ray vision, and arrows bounce off him. Sounds more like he's supposed to be the flarrowverse superman. As for ripping off Iron Man, every comic book character every created is based off either superman or Batman. iron Man came out in 1963 and was a rip off of Metallo (1959) and Bruce Wayne (1939).

Forum Regular
    This episodes looked a bit slow the next episode looks like it will have some really good action.

I didn't have huge expectations for this episode, but seriously, all this melodrama in the so called love triangle watered down the plot so much, that there was almost nothing left. I got to the point where I absolutely detest the whole love drama between Oliver, Felicity and Ray. It was really badly handled. Are we suppose to believe that after the fail in conversation with Laurel, Ray wouldn't go straight to Quentin? Or to the press? Why Lance, if he is now back to his season 1 self doesn't try to get to the Arrow through Felicity? Or Roy? Or Laurel? It actually looks like they have acknownledged that the Arrow is the bad guy again and... do nothing about this. The action scenes were almost nonexistent in this episode. Guess love drama was more important. At least something happened in the plot B story with Suicide Squad - liked the plot twist, but overall as the whole the squad related story seems to be rather wasted. Having a title like this you might expected that the main focus is going to be put on them, as in the previous episodes. Here, I don't know what it was - love traingle probably.

The scenes with Diggles were good, the more I see how they care about each other, the more worried I'm that soon one of them is going to die. Lawton's back story also was one of the highlights of the episode, ties nicely to what we already know and also foreshadows HIVE. I laughed when Roy said about the suit "That's kind of awesome. And reckless.". And Oliver looking daggers at him. I liked also how quickly the duel Atom vs. Arrow was resolved - as I expected, one well aimed shot and the poorer version of Iron Man just stopped working. Ray should really turn to the guys from the S.T.A.R labs to do some improvements. Cupid has almost nothing to do in this episode, which is a shame, because I liked the idea of her being Ollie's creepy stalker. However, her daydreaming about the Arrow and their wedding and Deadshot's comment "Does he know about this?" was funny. I liked also a subtle nod that Laurel is training hard with Nyssa. And Ray was pretty clever to quickly figure out that Laurel is the Black Canary and is cooperating with Oliver - I give him that.

Overall I think that it was rather weak episode, again full of plot holes, and with lack of action, which is unforgivable thing in a show like this. It was dragging on without any real sense of danger - which should be in order, considering the situation Ra's put Oliver in. And I guess poor Roy is now a french fry? And Oliver just left him there, lying unconcious?

I don't really believe that Deadshot died for good so I guess he is going back, which I would be a good thing - I like his scenes with Dig, they have a complicated history. Liked the Dig's and Oliver's toast to him with russian vodka.

The ending, on the contrary to the majority of the episode was great. Poor mayor! If the next episode is not going to be action packed and keep us on the edge, then nothing can save this season...

Are you guys sure Deadshot was actually killed? I know there is going to be a Suicide Quad movie, and while is not impossible for WB to demand that Arrow kills Deadshot to avoid any confussion, the Suicide Squad movie won't arrive for a long time, besides, they gave the go ahead to a Flash tv show even though they probably knew they were going to make a Flash movie too, one with the same version of the Flash I think. IMO Deadshot is not dead, he will probably be missing until they introduce HIVE next season, I mean, they gave him a backstory in which we saw someone from HIVE for the first time, it makes sense to use him in the future as a link to HIVE.

Regarding the episode, I enjoyed it, the Suicide Squad scenes were good, their version of Deadshot is great and I hope he is not gone for good, the League of Assassins plotline still needs a push, but the promo for next week's episode looks promising. The fight between the Arrow and ATOM was kinda fast, but it just shows that when it comes to fighting, training and experience are key, Oliver may not have superpowers or a super-suit, but he is good with strategy and he can detect weaknesses in his opponents, which is what puts him ahead of Ray.

If the show drops the Olicity melodrama and Felicity stops snapping at Oliver the season finale can be amazing
    Last edited by dark sister; 03-26-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Forum Whiz
    Suicide Squad/Diggle good. Rest crap. Come on Oliver, you can't even recognize that the imposter's arrows have different fletching than your own? Instead he looks at the points and declares them identical when they clearly have yellow/greenish yellow fletching vs his own green fletching (fletching is a big part of any archers signature). Hats off to Laurel on calling her dad out, to bad the mayor who could've called him off died immediately after hearing that. Lawton already gave us all the leads into the HIVE story but I wouldn't be suprised if he returned, I'd like it even. The only reason I'm backing keeping Ray on the show right now is that he's the center of Felicity's romantic interest and although it fuels the love triangle focused on Olicity maybe Oliver (and the showrunners) can outgrow the teeny drama before Raylicity ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    I disagree with all of the people making the Iron Man comparisons. I think they signed Brandon, so they decided to make him super strong, able to fly, gave him X-Ray vision, and arrows bounce off him. Sounds more like he's supposed to be the flarrowverse superman. As for ripping off Iron Man, every comic book character every created is based off either superman or Batman. iron Man came out in 1963 and was a rip off of Metallo (1959) and Bruce Wayne (1939).
    Ok, seriously ? Iron Man is a rip-off of Metallo ? Not even close !! Just truly compare the characters. And as far as Tony Stark being a Bruce Wayne ripoff, other than vast wealth, there are almost no similarities. You want a Bruce Wayne ripoff ? Meet Oliver Queen. Whew ...

I actually don't care about who ripped off who, I just don't find the character engaging at all. Surprising, because I really like Brandon. But I don't think I am alone in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post
    Come on Oliver, you can't even recognize that the imposter's arrows have different fletching than your own? Instead he looks at the points and declares them identical when they clearly have yellow/greenish yellow fletching vs his own green fletching (fletching is a big part of any archers signature).
    You sure? I guess that get at least that one thing right. Oliver's arrows also has one fin/vane which is yellowish green in colour, the two others are green.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarice View Post
    You sure? I guess that get at least that one thing right. Oliver's arrows also has one fin/vane which is yellowish green in colour, the two others are green.
    Wow... Guess I missed the change in his fletching. Guess the lightening of his cockvane is supposed to parallel his evolution into the Arrow. S1 I could've sworn he used 3 green.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast