1 5.00%
  • 1 - Bad Episode Tendencies

1 5.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Suicidal Tendencies?"

What did you think?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I thought it was great because we got to learn more about Floyd Lawton before he was Deadshot. Also Suicide Squad is always awesome.

I hope Deadshot is still alive and the reports of his death were falsified.

Posting Pro
    Well it was a very well done episode and a bit of a short break from everything that is about to get crazier in the upcoming episodes.

First can I just say I wish Oliver at least gave Ray a good solid hit and told him to get used to the pain if he wanted to keep doing this. Yes I know he got roughed up a bit which I'm glad Oliver won. Shows that the writers know that this still is Oliver's show and he is the main hero. I feel that some times that has kind of gotten muddled a bit in this season.

Now I liked the wedding and a good suicide squad story. I totally called the senator turning out to be a bad guy. The Floyd Lawton flashbacks were interesting which I think we all know he's not dead yet. Also glad Waller didn't try to drop any nukes on the target this time that's a good thing.

Also Felicity I just watched this episode with out really caring about her at all considering everything that has happened so far. Now Oliver I will say one thing of if you are so focused on letting Felicity go than please stop loving her so we can end this love triangle for good. Considering at the end of the episode that may just be happening once and for all however this is the CW plus the writers so I'm not holding my breath.

On the mayor this is what the third mayor in Starling to have been killed. I really would not want that job of basically "Come to Starling where we have a new mayor every week."

Now I really hope present day Maseo gets at least hurt bad if not right out killed because he has thrown in his towel with Ras A Gul.

I'm excited for next week when all hell is going start breaking lose and we get a return to Hong Kong.

Posting Pro
    Excellent all-around, IMO. The flashbacks showing Deadshot was a soldier who suffered PTSD, but I also felt it was a bit of a trope. Still, there could have been worse origin stories for Deadshot *coughsladeshadocough*.

It seems that the League is twisting that little way of theirs of drawing out the criminal to suit the purpose of Ra's, so that he can get his new heir.

Why am I not surprised that Nyssa's training involves some nice injuries to add to Laurel's growing collection?

Lance... *shakes head* Seriously, what is it with the SCPD and allowing people who are clearly grief-stricken serve in any capacity?

Hmm.... memo to self: do not hope for Oliver to become Mayor at some point. Clearly, that job is cursed.

Since we're nearing the end of the season, of course they're beginning to set things in motion for Season 4's storylines. HIVE is buzzing around the city.... yeah, corny joke. I meant it to be.

Oh, and the best part of the episode was poor Deadshot dealing with Cupid's advances....

I think Deadshot is still alive and Felicity will not get killed next episode but it was a good cliff hanger I guess. I'm sure around the Season Finale or next season Diggle will be fighting someone and someone will sneak up on him and he will fall down from a gun shot and Diggle turns around and Floyd is waving at him. I kind of like how they have bonded since the beginning of the show but I hope Diggle hasn't forgotten this guy killed his brother too.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggard01 View Post
    Well it was a very well done episode and a bit of a short break from everything that is about to get crazier in the upcoming episodes.

First can I just say I wish Oliver at least gave Ray a good solid hit and told him to get used to the pain if he wanted to keep doing this. Yes I know he got roughed up a bit which I'm glad Oliver won. Shows that the writers know that this still is Oliver's show and he is the main hero. I feel that some times that has kind of gotten muddled a bit in this season.
    Now, if only they could actually make Oliver likable.

New In Town
    Thought this episode was pretty bad overall. Thought the drama of having Palmer trying to bring in the Arrow would have played better over two to three episodes, rather than being wrapped up in a pretty bow in one episode. Palmer just happened to be a minister? Seriously? That was the dumbest part of this episode. It was pointless, adding nothing to the episode. And I would like to say for the record, not really liking Felicity right now. She has been erratic and an outright asshat lately. Not sure why this is being done. I mean, she says that it's not important that she's been hiding the fact that Palmer plans to fly around the city in his suit with his own plan to save the city, but it's OK for her to accuse Oliver of wanting Palmer dead. Which she doesn't even apologize for after Oliver basically gets her relationship with Palmer back on track. Really not understanding why she is being written like this. I will agree that getting some of Deadshot's background was cool. In my opinion, that and the Arrow schooling the Atom was the only good parts of this episode.

And why is Roy always getting his ass handed to him? Every fight he ends up on the ground. Would it be such a terrible idea of letting him still be standing at the end of a fight?
    Last edited by historybuff77; 03-25-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by historybuff77 View Post
    Thought this episode was pretty bad overall. Thought the drama of having Palmer trying to bring in the Arrow would have played better over two to three episodes, rather than being wrapped up in a pretty bow in one episode. Palmer just happened to be a minister? Seriously? That was the dumbest part of this episode. It was pointless, adding nothing to the episode. And I would like to say for the record, not really liking Felicity right now. She has been erratic and an outright asshat lately. Not sure why this is being done. I mean, she says that it's not important that she's been hiding the fact that Palmer plans to fly around the city in his suit with his own plan to save the city, but it's OK for her to accuse Oliver of wanting Palmer dead. Which she doesn't even apologize for after Oliver basically gets her relationship with Palmer back on track. Really not understanding why she is being written like this. I will agree that getting some of Deadshot's background was cool. In my opinion, that and the Arrow schooling the Atom was the only good parts of this episode.
    How dare Felicity accuse a serial murderer of wanting someone dead. It's not important that she's been hiding Ray's plans. Ray's an actual good guy, who is doing the right thing.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
    How dare Felicity accuse a serial murderer of wanting someone dead. It's not important that she's been hiding Ray's plans. Ray's an actual good guy, who is doing the right thing.
    I guess I missed the scene where she showed that she actually thinks of Oliver as a Serial Murderer. Because I could have sworn I heard her say Oliver was a good man. Which is basically my point. She says that Oliver's a good man, then is accusing him of wanting Palmer dead. Sounds erratic to me. Just saying...

I guess I missed the scene where she showed that she actually thinks of Oliver as a Serial Murderer. Because I could have sworn I heard her say Oliver was a good man. Which is basically my point. She says that Oliver's a good man, then is accusing him of wanting Palmer dead. Sounds erratic to me. Just saying...
    I was just saying what Oliver is. What Felicity thinks isn't really the real issue.

Not a good episode. I always like it when they do Suicide Squad episodes, but this just fell flat and it seemed like an attempt to write the Squad off tv (due to the movie I presume).

The bad:

- The watering down of the Suicide Squad. If the showrunners were asked to drop the storyline, I understand that. But the way they went about it has been all wrong. Cupid is on the team? For a mission against terrorists? WTF! Oh and in case you're wondering where Bronze Tiger is, he got killed off in the 2.5 comic. Really.
    - The Oliver/Felicity/Ray triangle. Too much emphasis on something that comes across so boring and unnecessary. Just put Oliver and Felicity together and be done with it.
    - Felicity. Again, as a character she was all over the place. Too dramatic and too egotistic. And like historybuff77 said, that line she told Oliver about wanting Ray dead was seriously messed up. At least she apologized in this episode. Not often that happens...
    - The action scenes. I'm usually a fan of them, but they were woeful in this episode. Either poorly choreographed or poorly directed. And what the hell happened with Roy in the end? Did Oliver just leave him there unconscious?
    - Quentin Lance. I normally like him as a character, but now they're just rehashing stuff that we saw in season 1. No matter what his beef is with the Arrow, you would think that he would trust him more.
    - Killing off the sexy mayor.

The not so bad:

- More Diggle. It's always a plus to see more screentime for Diggle, especially when he's out on the field. I did find it funny how he said he's quitting Team Arrow and the next time we see him, he's asking Oliver what they're going to do with the fake Arrows.
    - More Lyla.
    - Deadshot. Michael Rowe is a fantastic Deadshot. It was nice to see some flashbacks about him. I refuse to believe they killed him off. Not if Marc Guggenheim and co have any brain cells left. Plus, he's needed for the H.I.V.E. arc.
    - The fake Arrows storyline. I like how Ra's is trying to force Oliver's hand. It also shows you how far gone Maseo is. Which makes it even more interesting to see the Hong Kong flashbacks and find out what actually happened to him.

5/10
    Last edited by costas22; 03-26-2015 at 04:22 AM.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Not a good episode. I always like it when they do Suicide Squad episodes, but this just fell flat and it seemed like an attempt to write the Squad off tv (due to the movie I presume).

The bad:

- The watering down of the Suicide Squad. If the showrunners were asked to drop the storyline, I understand that. But the way they went about it has been all wrong. Cupid is on the team? For a mission against terrorists? WTF! Oh and in case you're wondering where Bronze Tiger is, he got killed off in the 2.5 comic. Really.
    - The Oliver/Felicity/Ray triangle. Too much emphasis on something that comes across so boring and unnecessary. Just put Oliver and Felicity together and be done with it.
    - Felicity. Again, as a character she was all over the place. Too dramatic and too egotistic. And like historybuff77 said, that line she told Oliver about wanting Ray dead was seriously messed up. At least she apologized in this episode. Not often that happens...
    - The action scenes. I'm usually a fan of them, but they were woeful in this episode. Either poorly choreographed or poorly directed. And what the hell happened with Roy in the end? Did Oliver just leave him there unconscious?
    - Quentin Lance. I normally like him as a character, but now they're just rehashing stuff that we saw in season 1. No matter what his beef is with the Arrow, you would think that he would trust him more.
    - Killing off the sexy mayor.

The not so bad:

- More Diggle. It's always a plus to see more screentime for Diggle, especially when he's out on the field. I did find it funny how he said he's quitting Team Arrow and the next time we see him, he's asking Oliver what they're going to do with the fake Arrows.
    - More Lyla.
    - Deadshot. Michael Rowe is a fantastic Deadshot. It was nice to see some flashbacks about him. I refuse to believe they killed him off. Not if Marc Guggenheim and co have any brain cells left. Plus, he's needed for the H.I.V.E. arc.
    - The fake Arrows storyline. I like how Ra's is trying to force Oliver's hand. It also shows you how far gone Maseo is. Which makes it even more interesting to see the Hong Kong flashbacks and find out what actually happened to him.

5/10
    I was thinking the same thing! As he was walking away, my brain was saying, "Roy's on the ground dude..." It would have been funny to hear him casually say, as he was walking away, "Shake it off, Arsenal."

I was thinking the same thing! As he was walking away, my brain was saying, "Roy's on the ground dude..." It would have been funny to hear him casually say, as he was walking away, "Shake it off, Arsenal."
    That would have been hilarious. It's the second time in recent times they just leave someone on the field like that without telling us what happened to him.

I'm a casual Arrow viewer. I've never been in love with the show, but tune in every once in a while because they use SO MANY comic book characters that I like to know what's going on. This episode really highlighted everything that keeps me from being able to like the show. It was a soap opera masquerading as a Batman show masquerading as a Green Arrow show. I had to turn it off a couple of times and come back to it.

I've actually really enjoyed some of the episodes I've seen this season, which surprised me. This was not one of them.

Settling In
    It didn't take much from Oliver to put that "super suit" out of commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast