View Poll Results: What did you think of Rogue Time?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Rogue Time was a Great Time!

    4 26.67%
  • 9

    3 20.00%
  • 8

    2 13.33%
  • 7

    0 0%
  • 6

    3 20.00%
  • 5

    2 13.33%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 3

    1 6.67%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 1 - Yuck

    0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 54 of 54
  1. #46
    Posting Pro Aurora Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
    Honestly, I never had that big of a problem with it on Smallville. Maybe, it's because that's what SV was always designed to be. I will say, though, that I don't really agree the Clana moping and Clark's reaction to it are completely accurate.

    The Batman thing is true. And I'm impressed that you have such an understanding of Batman's way. You are very correct. Batman isn't about romance. It's about family, and friendship, and justice. There's romance there, but that's not a huge focal point. I have this fear though, of these writers getting a hold Batman, and *SHUDDER* putting him in a love triangle with Oliver and Felicity.
    the CLana thing went on too long, for 9 entire seasons...even long after Clark Kent was already living in metropolis and working at the daily planet. And you don't think the writers were basically beating a dead horse on that one? I was so relived when they finally decided to focus on the Clois thing instead of the Clana ship. part of why the Clana angst was so annoying, is due to the fact that EVERYONE and their mother knows that Lana and Clark was never be meant to be together... everyone knows about Superman and how Lois Lane is his girlfriend because she just plain kicks ass. Heck, in some comic book universes Lana and Clark was never romantically together at all... she was just some girl Clark had a childhood crush on. And later on the two of them both agreed that it would had never really worked for them at all.

    I don't think some people would be so anti-Clana If they had forgo all the relationship drama, and simply focused on it being a simple childhood crush. After all, how many times do we have to watch Clark and Lana's relationship bomb on screen before we get sick and tired of it?? Hence, it was like a truck stuck in mud, spinning its' wheels uselessly.

    I'm a huge batman/superman fan, so naturally I know how Batman's psyche works. and this part is part of why Batman is so popular... he doesn't put up with any of that soap opera ****, he's all about the JUSTICE!

    But why did you have to bring up Arrow writers getting a hold of Batman?? ugh. Now I can't help but picture Bruce Wayne from the Gotham series now aged 18-years-old vying for the attention of the aging Felicity and rivaling Oliver, who's also aged greatly. That's a mental picture that won't be leaving me any time soon. Thanks so much!

  2. #47
    Board Master Dagenspear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Moon View Post
    the CLana thing went on too long, for 9 entire seasons...even long after Clark Kent was already living in metropolis and working at the daily planet. And you don't think the writers were basically beating a dead horse on that one? I was so relived when they finally decided to focus on the Clois thing instead of the Clana ship. part of why the Clana angst was so annoying, is due to the fact that EVERYONE and their mother knows that Lana and Clark was never be meant to be together... everyone knows about Superman and how Lois Lane is his girlfriend because she just plain kicks ass. Heck, in some comic book universes Lana and Clark was never romantically together at all... she was just some girl Clark had a childhood crush on. And later on the two of them both agreed that it would had never really worked for them at all.

    I don't think some people would be so anti-Clana If they had forgo all the relationship drama, and simply focused on it being a simple childhood crush. After all, how many times do we have to watch Clark and Lana's relationship bomb on screen before we get sick and tired of it?? Hence, it was like a truck stuck in mud, spinning its' wheels uselessly.

    I'm a huge batman/superman fan, so naturally I know how Batman's psyche works. and this part is part of why Batman is so popular... he doesn't put up with any of that soap opera ****, he's all about the JUSTICE!

    But why did you have to bring up Arrow writers getting a hold of Batman?? ugh. Now I can't help but picture Bruce Wayne from the Gotham series now aged 18-years-old vying for the attention of the aging Felicity and rivaling Oliver, who's also aged greatly. That's a mental picture that won't be leaving me any time soon. Thanks so much!
    Lol. Lois could bring some much needed relief to the show sometimes. But, the show had already declined by the time Lois' character had a romantic angle with Clark. See, that's the real problem. It was never about Lana. It was about the quality of writing. Lana left at the end of season 3, and her story pretty much closed out, but they had to continue the show after that. The writers were kinda playing it by flying by the seat of their pants. They had no idea when they were gonna end it. They kept getting renewed. And they knew they couldn't do Clois, because that wasn't supposed to happen, so they kept Clana going, because they knew their limits. When Kelly and Brian took over they really caused more problems than Al and Miles ever could by bringing Lana back after season 7. Clana was closed out fully at the end of that season quite nicely, and then they brought Lana back again. I know people complain about Lana's place and how it was forced after season 3, but I really disagree. I mean, besides season 4 of course, but almost everything was forced in that season. And I'm sorry, but I've never saw what was so great about Lois. She's just not really a character to me. But I'm not a Superman comic reader, so...

    And regarding the meant to be thing, I never really subscribed to that approach to watching the show. I watched the show on its own merits. Because I liked the characters and was interested in the stories. That's probably why I found the finale to be an absolute travesty. And the Clana thing lasted 8 seasons.

  3. #48
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,138
    So the timeline is reset back to the start of the day. Cue the Groundhog Day jokes.

    Cisco. Carlos Valdes impressed last week and did again this week. The stuff with his brother (Dante and not Armando? Interesting.) and then when he gave up Barry? I want to give Carlos some sort of award for his performances in the past few episodes. Best part of both, IMO, actually.

    The Rogues get a name check! Nice.

    So no one knew Cisco had died? I had hoped they would work that in somehow (though I guess only Caitlin knew in the previous timeline?). No matter how bad that Barry thought the previous day was, it was worse for those of us who knew what RF had done...

    Barry begins to suspect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    - Joe telling Iris that neither Eddie or Barry believe she loves Eddie. I liked the dialogue in that scene, if not the location. Did that really have to happen while she was on the clock?
    This. Does Iris ever get any work done? Seems like she has all sorts of important conversations at work, with various people, about non-work related things. But it was nice to see Joe call her out on neither guy feeling like she loves Eddie. I, personally, don't see it but then we don't often see the two of them in 'private' moments.

    - Caitlin's "lightning psychosis" explanation at the end of the episode was... I don't know what the heck that was.
    Also this. When she said that line I sat there going "they're not buying this, are they? They're buying this?! They're buying this." I may or may not have facepalmed and I may have gone "well, in a world where a pair of glasses can fool people, I guess..." Still, it pushed the line of silliness, for me (even for such a lighthearted show as Flash--you gotta keep it at least a little believable, people!).

  4. #49
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Location
    Rothschild, WI
    Posts
    208
    Why was Linda pushing Barry to pursue Iris when she knew that she was with Eddie?

  5. #50
    Posting Pro Aurora Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicbimbo View Post
    Why was Linda pushing Barry to pursue Iris when she knew that she was with Eddie?
    I guess it's one of those shows where everyone's just psychic to the point where they know that Iris doesn't have any true feelings for Eddie... and thus doesn't see anything wrong with breaking up the couple... even if it might hurt Eddie. But hey, nobody cares about Eddie.

    Seriously, I wish people were THAT perceptive in real life... to where they can just magically read a person like that.

  6. #51
    Board Master Dagenspear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Moon View Post
    I guess it's one of those shows where everyone's just psychic to the point where they know that Iris doesn't have any true feelings for Eddie... and thus doesn't see anything wrong with breaking up the couple... even if it might hurt Eddie. But hey, nobody cares about Eddie.

    Seriously, I wish people were THAT perceptive in real life... to where they can just magically read a person like that.
    Yeah. I know my reaction was "I don't believe Linda would react that way."

  7. #52
    Forum Regular Lois_Lane_Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    346
    My favorite part of the episode was seeing Peyton List play Golden Glider. She did a good job with the role, and her connection to "Smallville" made her appearance here even cooler.

  8. #53
    Pirate King Backward Galaxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    Also this. When she said that line I sat there going "they're not buying this, are they? They're buying this?! They're buying this." I may or may not have facepalmed and I may have gone "well, in a world where a pair of glasses can fool people, I guess..." Still, it pushed the line of silliness, for me (even for such a lighthearted show as Flash--you gotta keep it at least a little believable, people!).
    Yeah, that was nuts, but even beyond the outright stupidity of it, my bigger problem was that it allowed Barry to get off the hook for his behavior without having to confront the consequences of his actions. He should have had to stand there, in front of Eddie and Iris, and apologize like a man. It wouldn't have to be cringe-worthy, and it would have shown that Barry really is a stand-up guy. Instead, he gets to avoid it by pretending like he went yo-yo.

  9. #54
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    Yeah, that was nuts, but even beyond the outright stupidity of it, my bigger problem was that it allowed Barry to get off the hook for his behavior without having to confront the consequences of his actions. He should have had to stand there, in front of Eddie and Iris, and apologize like a man.
    Agreed that that would have been better.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •