Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Cole be the main character of the next spinoff attempt?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Cole be the main character of the next spinoff attempt?

I keep remembering what they were saying about having to establish characters that earned the praise of the fans before trying again. Is it a coincidence that they have featured Cole in 5 episodes so far? I also really like the actor playing him. I myself would really like to see him join team free will in the Bunker as there has been a big hole since Bobby and more recently Kevin have died and we can use some new blood that will stick around. But I would also give him a shot in a spinoff. Anyone else have thoughts?

Stop trying to make spin-off's happen is my thought.
    No point in trying to spin the character off, it would be better if they just kept him as a recurring character in the show.

Comment

I agree with that Lipzo. I don't think SPN can sustain a viable spinoff. This show is already dangerously close to it's expiration. But I doubt the producers wont give the idea another shot.

Comment

Do you guys think maybe Cole is a monster like his dad that hasn't awakened yet, and that's why the worm left him after such a short time but not the other guy?
        And I agree, no more spin off. I want this to end so they can become superheroes in the FlArrow-verse.

Comment

I really don't want a spin-off..

Supernatural is about Sam and Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dash142
            Do you guys think maybe Cole is a monster like his dad that hasn't awakened yet, and that's why the worm left him after such a short time but not the other guy?
            And I agree, no more spin off. I want this to end so they can become superheroes in the FlArrow-verse.
            I don't think so. The explanation of what they were doing to get rid of it made enough sense to me.

Comment

I like Cole OK, but I don't see a spinoff with his character. What keeps Supernatural going is the relationship between the brothers. In order to do a spinoff, there would have to be that sort of foundation.

Comment

I've been wondering myself if they are setting up Cole for a spin-off. He's fairly well received by fans (I didn't care for him until this past episode, where I sort of warmed up to him). Though many fans would (or so it seems) rather see Jody and/or Donna in a spin-off, it seems to me.

TPTB have said that they want a 'beloved' character spun off, though and while Cole is liked I don't think he's reached 'beloved' status. But they might be trying to work him up to that.

The only thing is, if they do make Cole a hunter they'll pretty much have to kill off his family. As hunters can basically never have happy families. So the wife and child will have to die. There are already strong parallels between Cole and John Winchester (both in the service, both obsessive, both going after the 'thing' that hurt their family, etc.). That would really cement it and I'm not sure copying the Papa Winchester formula is the way to go...?

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                  I've been wondering myself if they are setting up Cole for a spin-off. He's fairly well received by fans (I didn't care for him until this past episode, where I sort of warmed up to him). Though many fans would (or so it seems) rather see Jody and/or Donna in a spin-off, it seems to me.

TPTB have said that they want a 'beloved' character spun off, though and while Cole is liked I don't think he's reached 'beloved' status. But they might be trying to work him up to that.

The only thing is, if they do make Cole a hunter they'll pretty much have to kill off his family. As hunters can basically never have happy families. So the wife and child will have to die. There are already strong parallels between Cole and John Winchester (both in the service, both obsessive, both going after the 'thing' that hurt their family, etc.). That would really cement it and I'm not sure copying the Papa Winchester formula is the way to go...?
                  And if they kill off his wife for the sake of giving him a story like John's (hunter raising child on the road), I, for one, will not be a happy camper. I'd rather they go back and retell John's story with Matt Cohen as John if they decide to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by cali5
                    And if they kill off his wife for the sake of giving him a story like John's (hunter raising child on the road), I, for one, will not be a happy camper. I'd rather they go back and retell John's story with Matt Cohen as John if they decide to do that.
                    I figured if they were going to go the "killing" route they would take out both wife and child, but leaving the child would be much more "John" like, it's true.

I've seen fans mention that John "prequel" with Matt Cohen would be something they'd want to see. I know Matt has said, if asked, he'd do it (he loves to play the character).

Comment

I also am unsure of Cole's worth as a spinoff character. But I would like to see maybe a return of Garth and perhaps Kate falling into the hunter game for various reasons.

A castiel and Charlie could be interesting also, she's proven to be able to kick some ass in the last few episodes featuring her. And with Cass back at full strength, it could offer an interesting dynamic. Considering Sam is the scholar more than Dean, and Dean is the full fledged warrior of the two.

But I also would very much like to see an end to the series, while its still on a positive.

Comment

Rewatching season 10, I noticed how efficient the girls were in the fan fiction episode. What if, a team of new generational hunters are born, with the vampire hunters from freaks and geeks episode, and the girls Marie and Maeve from fan fiction, it could become an interesting concept. Perhaps Sam and Dean could become more elderly, and do guest returns in certain story arcs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hrobshur
                          I also am unsure of Cole's worth as a spinoff character. But I would like to see maybe a return of Garth and perhaps Kate falling into the hunter game for various reasons.

A castiel and Charlie could be interesting also, she's proven to be able to kick some ass in the last few episodes featuring her. And with Cass back at full strength, it could offer an interesting dynamic. Considering Sam is the scholar more than Dean, and Dean is the full fledged warrior of the two.

But I also would very much like to see an end to the series, while its still on a positive.
                          I totally agree about Cole not being able to carry a show by himself per se. I was more or less going off of what Singer and Carver said in regards to another spinoff try. I think Cas and Charlie could certainly carry the legacy of this show once Sam and Dean dispatch themselves. Misha has more or less only had 5 seasons+ of this show. I am sure he would keep the torch going and Felicia Day has paid her dues. She really should be upgraded. I wonder what the plot would be in that spectrum though. Maybe they go to Oz? Maybe Oz attacks earth similar to the Leviathan/Purgatory run after Sam and Dean lock away Angels and Demons? That would be a good flip on the mythology.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎