No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Offer?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quark
    I thought that was a wonderful episode with loads of character progression for Oliver, Thea, Laurel and Nyssa. It is a bit depressing though how Nyssa has had more character development this season than Roy who is supposed to be a main character. Would love to see Nyssa become a permanent fixture on the show.
    I love Nyssa and would like to see her as a more permanent fixture too, but I am sad that we've gotten very little of Roy this season. He had some pretty good character development and was coming into his own while Oliver was gone, but he's mostly taken a seat to the story this season and I would really like to see some Roy-centered flashbacks and just more Roy in general.

Comment

Also, I don't know if it's the way Oliver is acting towards all the members of his team, but Team Arrow seemed kind of broken this episode. I feel it isn't going to last and by season end Oliver will be left alone. Season Four will be about putting the team back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
        Also, I don't know if it's the way Oliver is acting towards all the members of his team, but Team Arrow seemed kind of broken this episode. I feel it isn't going to last and by season end Oliver will be left alone. Season Four will be about putting the team back together.
        Stephen Amell posted a picture from the set of Episode 21 of him with "Oliver's new buddy" (Matt Nable). I'm honestly kinda crossing my fingers that he does join the League to 'become the heir' of Ra's, and Season 4 having two storylines: the HIVE one being the big one, but also having whatever remains of Team Arrow seeking to bring back their lost leader from the darkness he's sunk himself into. It would be a nice parallel, of sorts, for Season 4 to have the darkest flashbacks (bet anything it'll be the bratva elements) and the present day being a new redemptive cycle as Oliver finally sheds the darkness he's held onto for four long years.

Probably won't happen, but it'd be interesting and a nice parallel for the flashbacks and present day.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
          Stephen Amell posted a picture from the set of Episode 21 of him with "Oliver's new buddy" (Matt Nable). I'm honestly kinda crossing my fingers that he does join the League to 'become the heir' of Ra's, and Season 4 having two storylines: the HIVE one being the big one, but also having whatever remains of Team Arrow seeking to bring back their lost leader from the darkness he's sunk himself into. It would be a nice parallel, of sorts, for Season 4 to have the darkest flashbacks (bet anything it'll be the bratva elements) and the present day being a new redemptive cycle as Oliver finally sheds the darkness he's held onto for four long years.

Probably won't happen, but it'd be interesting and a nice parallel for the flashbacks and present day.
          I like your idea but surely you mean Oliver would be embracing the darkness if he becomes the next Ra's al Ghul?

Comment

So now Ra's joined Slade and Malcom in shipping Oliver with Felicity?

But getting to the point - I liked the episode. Definitely it was more consistent than the previous one. Stephen Amell said that Ollie is currently in the very vulnerable place. And it's true. It's not the self-assured vigilante fixated on the mission any more, who doesn't give a damn what other think about him. He had question the rationality of his actions before, but now he is wondering if he actually did change anything (how it reminds me of one of my favorite episodes of Batman TAS "I Am The Night"). Ra's offer sounds very tempting, his prophecy that everyone will turn away from him and he will die alone, not as a hero, but being exactly in the place, where he started - really ominous. I guess two near death experiences, being impaled on the sword and kicked into an abyss gives him right for some ansty stuff.

Scenes with Lance were as painful to watch as I imagined. Paul Backthorne was great as always. I can understand why Lance feels betrayed - as I wrote in another topic, he is a honest guy above all. Not surprsing that he gives the Arrow a cold shoulder and starts reconsidering his decision to cooperate with the vigilante. As somebody already said - if he didn't tell him truth about Sara, what would stop him from manipulating him in some other cases? His "It's captain now" and "What are you wainting for? A thank you?" - that was harsh. It's rather obvious that in this point Oliver is craving for Quentin's acceptation. Really the dynamic between those two characters is one of my favourities thing in the show.

I'm the only one who wonders how this Murmur guy manages to eat with lips sewn shut like this? Well, maybe through a straw. However, he proved to be quite dangerous. The main plot of the episodes maybe was not too compliacted one, but worked fine. I liked that Roy and Diggle had something to do and gathered some information using they contacts.

The subplots were fine too - Thea and Roy, Laurel and Nyssa joined by the memory of Sara and the promise that she will train her, brother-sister moments between Ollie and Thea (also, mentions of Moira, crazy daddy Merlyn, Felicity and Oliver as friends (I keep ignoring Olicity stuff), Dig and Oliver talking honestly... The flashbacks were okay too, however after all those spoilers I wasn't surprised seeing Shado. I wonder who she really is.

Among the things I didn't like was people teleportaing from Starling to Nanga Parbat and back, as well as Oliver being jealus about Felicity as one of the reasons to join Ra's (srsly?).

Originally posted by Eowin
            First time Maseo has talked about Akio in the past tense....did anyone else hear that?
            Yes. I think that it's Akio who is going to die very soon. What else could have shatter Maseo's family?

Seeing Ra's under the hood was surpising. I wonder if they give Lance a moment of doubt about those kills, or he is just going to believe that the Arrow is on the killing spree again...

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              .... The not so good:

- The main one: So Ra's has wiped the slate clean as far as Sara's death is concerned. Meaning her death really served no purpose. What a waste. And even worse, Malcolm is still walking around free. Why doesn't Oliver imprison him now? He really has no excuse anymore.
              Originally posted by dreamsofnever
              I am a little tired of the lengths that Oliver is going to protect Malcolm though. I can see his reasoning to some extent, but forcing Thea to care for the man who used her in a pretty awful way is just prolonging Thea's pain. And really, Malcolm is responsible for Tommy and Sara's deaths, as well as 500 some people who lived in the Glades. In my opinion, that makes him beyond redemption. And while I can see Oliver keeping Thea from feeling responsible for what happens to Malcolm, I don't get him continuing to watch out for Malcolm or help the man avoid the justice that is due to him. Especially now that he doesn't 'need' Malcolm to train him to fight Ra's.
              Oliver protecting Malcolm is starting to grate on my nerves. I really hope he doesn't decide to let Malcolm walk free. If he does, then Sara meant nothing to him. Or at least not enough to seek justice for her. If he wants to repair Quentin's trust in him, he should leave Malcolm at his door with a note saying "This is the man who had Sara killed". Or is that going to be another secret not shared with Quentin?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                Oliver protecting Malcolm is starting to grate on my nerves. I really hope he doesn't decide to let Malcolm walk free. If he does, then Sara meant nothing to him. Or at least not enough to seek justice for her. If he wants to repair Quentin's trust in him, he should leave Malcolm at his door with a note saying "This is the man who had Sara killed". Or is that going to be another secret not shared with Quentin?
                The only way I have it make sense in my own head is the writers don't want to get rid of an actor like John Barrowman who plays Malcolm to either be dead just yet or in jail to where he can't get these enjoyable scenes with Oliver and co. I'm well aware that he is a villain and for what he has done should be killed slowly but I enjoyed the actor to much from Doctor Who and Torchwood. That is also on the fact is they have made his character enjoyable on this show as well and not what they did with Laurel's mom.

Putting all that aside at some point this season something needs to put Malcolm once more on the outs because even I'm only going to be able to tolerate it for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                  Forget to mention. It gets on my nerves too. The only logical reason why Oliver doesn't give him to the authorities is that in such a case Melryn would gave away his secret identity. I really hope that his decision to protect Malcolm will turn against him (sorry, Ollie) - imagine what is going to happen if Quetin learns that the green and the dark archer seems to have an union now...

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
                    Forget to mention. It gets on my nerves too. The only logical reason why Oliver doesn't give him to the authorities is that in such a case Melryn would gave away his secret identity. I really hope that his decision to protect Malcolm will turn against him (sorry, Ollie) - imagine what is going to happen if Quetin learns that the green and the dark archer seems to have an union now...
                    That could be part of the reason for Quentin's little speech in the sizzle reel. "You've made us criminals, liars, and victims." Now, he could just be referring to Sara's death when it comes to victims, but we'll find out soon enough. My guess is that is in Episode 18 or 19.....

Comment

It is interesting how vulnerable the writers have made Malcolm. he really has nothing left. He has no family, friends or power. i thought that the last scene we saw with malcolm in, he felt like a shadow of a person.

This week, I thought the show felt a little like the last season of "burn notice"

Comment

I loved this episode. Things are finally getting good this season. Didn't see that end twist with Ra's in the Arrow costume but heck yeah!
                        Can't wait to see what else Ra's has in store for Oliver in order to force him to accept the offer.
                        We haven't seen the last of the Lazarus Pit either I'm sure...

Loved the original team arrow stuff plus Roy. The fight at the police station was awesome.
                        Very cool seeing such a different side to Nyssa. Looking forward to more of her.
                        Poor Thea. But I loved that she didn't kill Malcolm because of her mother.
                        Oliver meeting Ray was priceless. The way he lowered his voice.
                        It was also nice seeing Oliver smile for the first time in a long time. He had a bit of lightness to him this episode that we haven't had since the season premiere.
                        I enjoyed the Olicity scenes. They showed Oliver taking steps to not lose himself and cut everyone off emotionally as he's been doing lately.
                        Oliver being able to find romance is an important part of him balancing the Arrow and Oliver Queen and Felicity does bring out the best in him.

Comment

I thought it was a good episode overall. The Oliver and Felicity scenes were a little weird, though. I don't know if EBR was trying to be seductive or flirty or what, it just seemed like a shift in Felicity's personality. Plus, she constantly brought up being with Ray to the point of running it into the ground. And, of course, there's the whole thing with Oliver needing her to tell him what he was fighting for or had accomplished. It wasn't needed is all I'm saying.

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                          And I'm glad Laurel essentially voiced what I'm sure many viewers may be thinking: it's getting old with Ollie's harping about what everyone knows -- that she needs more training.
                          I think, in this instance, it was meant to be funny. “You still need training.” “When are you going to stop telling me that?” “When you no longer need training.” It's a subtle kind of humor. Regardless, it should be the last time we hear him say this.

Originally posted by costas22
                          The main one: So Ra's has wiped the slate clean as far as Sara's death is concerned.
                          Ra's never really cared about Sara's death. He was only concerned with the undertaking. Still, it's too early to tell how things will play out with Malcolm.
                          Last edited by Red_Arrow; 04-29-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎