Did they just ruin the Joker

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they just ruin the Joker

Hi,

Please bear with me and sorry if this topic has been discussed but I want to get this out of me. I have been in constant debates over what could possibly have been the Joker in the Gotham episode The Blind Fortune Teller.

I have been over the pros and cons of this portrayal and am in fact furious at the show for doing this. Joker was always meant to have a mysterious back story as in NOTHING WAS CERTAIN..... why did they do this?

Do you agree that they quite possibly ruined the Joker in this series and do you think a Batman show would eventually spin off from Gotham with an Adult Bruce Wayne?

How do you even know it was the Joker? The writers have said multiple times that they are going introduce a lot potential Joker candidates. Be patient.

Comment

you see, TV people have a way of ruining things. *cough*Walking Dead season2 *cough*

I believe this was the first we saw of the Joker in Gotham though probably also the last since he won't be back until Bruce is all batman. If you notice near the end, before he starts laughing (in a very heath ledger joker way) he says "thats funny" only Joker says these words usually (Arkham City ending). Adding more potential candidates is not a good idea for obvious reasons. We don't even know who was under the red hood when he fell in the acid .....

Comment

Originally posted by billychaz
        you see, TV people have a way of ruining things. *cough*Walking Dead season2 *cough*

I believe this was the first we saw of the Joker in Gotham though probably also the last since he won't be back until Bruce is all batman. If you notice near the end, before he starts laughing (in a very heath ledger joker way) he says "thats funny" only Joker says these words usually (Arkham City ending). Adding more potential candidates is not a good idea for obvious reasons. We don't even know who was under the red hood when he fell in the acid .....
        That's the point. That's why introducing potential Joker's is good idea. Plenty of people say that. It just means they purposely did that to make him more of a Joker candidate. I feel like we'll be seeing a Mark Hamill-ish potential Joker too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
          That's the point. That's why introducing potential Joker's is good idea. Plenty of people say that. It just means they purposely did that to make him more of a Joker candidate. I feel like we'll be seeing a Mark Hamill-ish potential Joker too.
          YES

Comment

Every word you say is a classic

Every word you say is a classic

Comment

I don't think that this backstory ruined the Joker at all. One of the cool things about prequel type shows is getting to see all of the backstories to the characters you know and love. It would have felt awkward not having the Joker included in the show in any shape or form given that all of the other major Batman villains are a part of the show.

Comment

Bruno Heller revealed: "This is not someone who is just a character who is going to disappear. This is not a red herring. It's the beginning of the story of how the Joker came to be, how the Joker was created, where he came from, who he is. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that Cameron Monaghan is the Joker. He might be. But like I say, this is a story that begins about seven or eight years before the actual Joker arrives on the scene in his fully-fledged persona."

Well this is new.

Comment

The content of your article is very interested, I am very impressed with your article. I hope to receive more interesting articles to share with us.

vex 3

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎