Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone like to see a Superman TV series starring Tom Welling?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone like to see a Superman TV series starring Tom Welling?

You know the show Smallville? Wouldn't it be awesome if they did a follow up series about Clark Kent when he is Superman, but make it take place in the same Universe as Smallville, & have Tom Welling play Clark? There is more to tell! It would maybe be good to bring back Micheal Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor, though I can't see him being up for playing any big role of Lex again, considering the fact that he quit after esason 7 of smallville.

Anyway, what do you think of this idea?

Not anymore as it wouldn't fit into any of the current TV universe they are currently trying to build with the CW.
    Pre-Arrow I thought it would be a good thing to happen after SV but it would just be a terrible thing to do. What I would like (which is along these lines) is to see Welling play Superman in a small cameo in the upcoming Supergirl series as that would tie them all together in a way.

Comment

It's way past the time to do that. I think even after season 10, I wouldn't want to see it. I think they had a chance to rebrand the show and call it Metropolis and instead of showing us the beginning day of pre-Superman Clark, we could've seen the very first days of Superman. It probably would've given the show a breath of fresh air and it would've saved us from the last 3 seasons where Clark really should've just been Superman.

As of now? I don't see Superman joining the Arrow/Flash universe as I think the showrunners are going to try and keep the trinity out of that. If anything, I'd love for Tom to guest star on Flash or Arrow as a character or guest star on Supergirl as someone else. He doesn't have to play Clark/Superman, but him just being on one of those shows would be a real treat.

Comment

Not really, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Luthorsrock123
          You know the show Smallville? Wouldn't it be awesome if they did a follow up series about Clark Kent when he is Superman, but make it take place in the same Universe as Smallville, & have Tom Welling play Clark? There is more to tell! It would maybe be good to bring back Micheal Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor, though I can't see him being up for playing any big role of Lex again, considering the fact that he quit after esason 7 of smallville.

Anyway, what do you think of this idea?

Yes, would love to see that. Rumors keep teasing at least cameos in Flash, Smallville has STILL a big following growing with newer generations. I'm sure a Metropolis show on the CW reuniting all the characters would be fantastic and do excellent in todays TV climate. Kristin Kreuk is still working at the CW so to pickup the Lana sublot would be easy. I think the chemistry of Clark & Lana was a big drive for the show and she should continue to be the leading lady if Beauty and the Beast would get cancelled or at least guest star or star in both (she did it with Edgemont & Smallville for awhile). If they tie it up with Flash and with some type of Crisis like in the DC comics maybe they can have John Schneider resurrected and have the Kents back in the farm. The previous Superman show; Lois and Clark was based on John Byrne's version of Superman where his parents are an important part of adult Clark Kent and I think this is sorely needed. I think the show needs to retain the identity it had of a Hallmark family with its beautiful values as the character's core, same thing that fueled the Dean Cain version of Superman and what made those first seasons pre Johnathan's death so special.

Comment

Yeah it would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
              It's way past the time to do that. I think even after season 10, I wouldn't want to see it. I think they had a chance to rebrand the show and call it Metropolis and instead of showing us the beginning day of pre-Superman Clark, we could've seen the very first days of Superman. It probably would've given the show a breath of fresh air and it would've saved us from the last 3 seasons where Clark really should've just been Superman.

As of now? I don't see Superman joining the Arrow/Flash universe as I think the showrunners are going to try and keep the trinity out of that. If anything, I'd love for Tom to guest star on Flash or Arrow as a character or guest star on Supergirl as someone else. He doesn't have to play Clark/Superman, but him just being on one of those shows would be a real treat.
              Agreed 100%.

Comment

I think a show (or mini series) following the 7 years in the future (as in the finale) would be good - but only if the original actors were in it.
                But a new storyline and not the comics season 11

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎