No announcement yet.

#6.16 "The Downward Spiral"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #6.16 "The Downward Spiral"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

IAN SOMERHALDER MAKES HIS DIRECTORIAL DEBUT — After shutting off her humanity following the death of her mother, Caroline gives her friends an unexpected ultimatum. Not knowing how to handle the new Caroline, Stefan's attempt to intervene sets off a dangerous chain of events, leaving him and Elena in a race against the clock. Meanwhile, after seeking answers from Kai about the prison world, Damon's world is turned upside when he learns some devastating news about his mother Lily. Elsewhere, Enzo finds himself becoming increasingly intrigued by Sarah, and Bonnie begins to struggle with the effects of being back in the real world. http://vampirediaries.*****.com/wiki...ownward_Spiral
    ---

I don't like Caroline. Enzo is an idiot. I so wanted to see Bonnie melt Kai's face and can't blame her for what she did to Damon. So momma Salvatore is a vampire and a ripper! She will be so proud of her sons. I actually enjoyed the EP more than I thought.

I agree with you on Caroline and Enzo..........Caroline is so pathetic. Enzo is as useless and boring as those words are used in a sentence. I do think Stefan is just playing along with Caroline and he didn't really turn off his humanity. Because if he really did, then there are 2 loose cannons in town and that's not good for anyone. This is the one time Damon should listen to Kai and not venture into that Prison world to retrieve his mother. He will be unleashing something he or Stefan won't be able to control.

When I saying playing along, I mean putting on a good act that he turned off his humanity. Of all people, his turning off takes the longest to turn back on and I don't think anyone wants to see that, again.

Comment

For me I wish Caroline had remained human. I know that is going way back, S2? LOL. Enzo was best tied to Damon's history. They just seem to be struggling to make him relevant.

I actually think Mother Salvatore got out with Bonnie. She is a vampire and can move fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
        For me I wish Caroline had remained human. I know that is going way back, S2? LOL. Enzo was best tied to Damon's history. They just seem to be struggling to make him relevant.

I actually think Mother Salvatore got out with Bonnie. She is a vampire and can move fast.

I agree with that, too! I enjoyed Caroline a lot more when she was human.

The supposed villains this season have too much feelings to be total badass. We need someone who feels nothing but torment and destruction, lol

Comment

Too bad Kathrine isn't around.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
            Too bad Kathrine isn't around.

Honestly, I really miss her. It was fun when she would show up at random in a season to cause some sort of mayhem, lol

Comment

I totally agree about needing a crazy villain. I thought Kai was great until he started having empathy. I'm hoping that after what they did with him and Bonnie last week, he'll return for the last couple episodes and wreak havoc. Not to mention Caroline and Stefan with no control, and crazy Mama Salvatore. And yeah Enzio, why is he on the show this season? He was a perfectly fine one and done character but because fans liked him, they brought him back for this season and he's bad almost nothing to do.

Comment

There's not much interest on discussing TVD on this site and I can almost understand why. Haven't enjoyed most of season 6, hardly any episode noteworthy. I'm doing a re watch (again) of the earlier seasons which were so much better of course the original vampire family+Katerina had a lot to do with that since they focused the the seasons more clearly and succintly. Can't stand Enzo he had so much potential in season 5 but his obsession with Stefan which sort of cropped out of the blue has made him annoying and almost irrelevant. In fact it's hard to figure out who's relevant at all this entire season. Elena seems to have become a third wheel in a show that was originally about here (Vampire Diaries anyone), Bonnie is only there as needed, Stefan has become Caroline's little lapdog, humanity on or not, there's hardly any episodes featuring Matt, Tyler or Alaric. The only twin left has virtually disappeared from the picture. Kai was fun when he was a baddie but with part of his humanity back he's quickly becoming boring and redundant. The whole mama Salvatore as the new big bad or whatever seems like such a stretch, they're really grasping at straws there. I still like Damon although he's not as entertaining as he once was and his relationship with Elena has lost all its juice. Without her memories of their past relationship it feels like a bit of a cheat her falling back "in love" with him after working so hard to paint him as a monster in her mind. At this point a Bonnie/Damon pairing would be more fun although that's never going to happen, overall a total disappointment. I don't expect great writing from shows of this kind but I do expect not to be bored. I really don't know what they're going to do with a season 7.

Comment

I finally got around to watching the last episode before the small hiatus, I can see Elena's end game. Damon will give her the cure to become human, then make her forget about him and everything before he and Stefan met her, to give her a good and peaceful life, as she leaves town.

Also, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Lily's friends. I reckon to bet Kai will somehow, bring them to the present and that will just be another mess that Damon has to clean up

Comment

Originally posted by Aficionado
                    There's not much interest on discussing TVD on this site and I can almost understand why. Haven't enjoyed most of season 6, hardly any episode noteworthy. I'm doing a re watch (again) of the earlier seasons which were so much better of course the original vampire family+Katerina had a lot to do with that since they focused the the seasons more clearly and succintly. Can't stand Enzo he had so much potential in season 5 but his obsession with Stefan which sort of cropped out of the blue has made him annoying and almost irrelevant. In fact it's hard to figure out who's relevant at all this entire season. Elena seems to have become a third wheel in a show that was originally about here (Vampire Diaries anyone), Bonnie is only there as needed, Stefan has become Caroline's little lapdog, humanity on or not, there's hardly any episodes featuring Matt, Tyler or Alaric. The only twin left has virtually disappeared from the picture. Kai was fun when he was a baddie but with part of his humanity back he's quickly becoming boring and redundant. The whole mama Salvatore as the new big bad or whatever seems like such a stretch, they're really grasping at straws there. I still like Damon although he's not as entertaining as he once was and his relationship with Elena has lost all its juice. Without her memories of their past relationship it feels like a bit of a cheat her falling back "in love" with him after working so hard to paint him as a monster in her mind. At this point a Bonnie/Damon pairing would be more fun although that's never going to happen, overall a total disappointment. I don't expect great writing from shows of this kind but I do expect not to be bored. I really don't know what they're going to do with a season 7.
                    The show focusing on The Originals was when it started to fall a part.

Comment

I was actually fine with the originals part, for me it started to fall apart with the Alaric going bad story. I remember liking Season 4, but I can't tell you a lot of what happened that season. Season 5 was up and down. I understand why a lot of people didn't like it, but it had more good than bad for me. But honestly, I can say that season 6 is probably the worst for me. The second half of this season, save Caroline's mom death episode, had episodes where almost nothing happened. I'm used to Julie Plec shows having about 3 seasons worth of plot in 1 season. It's a gift and a curse to her shows. But season 6 of TVD felt like it was at war with itself. On one hand they had good ideas that were not executed properly and then it looked like they had no ideas and were struggling to fill in 22 episodes. I will watch season 7, but I was hoping the show would give me a reason to other than loyalty and it really didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎