Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal, Doctor Strange) popped onto a British news channel and he dropped a bomb about who he plays in the film.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/mads-mikkel...162700493.html

Comment

From CBR:

We now know the names of the Rebel officers responsible for stealing the Death Star plans. Thanks to early pages from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’s” visual story guide, posted by edelweiss, the film’s cast has been revealed — along with a few new characters as well. There’s still a slight possibility that this information isn’t totally accurate as the pages themselves aren’t the final versions, but we’ll post a spoiler warning just in case.

As revealed in the “Rogue One” trailer, Felicity Jones is playing Jyn Erso (“a highly skilled soldier and warrior”). Joining her are:

– Captain Cassian Andor (Diego Luna), an officer in the Rebel Alliance
      – Baze (Jiang Wen), a freelance assassin
      – Bodhi (Riz Ahmed), a rebel soldier
      – Pao, a “fierce warrior” alien that’s a CG character
      – Chirrut (Donnie Yen), a spiritual warrior
      – Bistan, another “fierce warrior” CG alien
      – K-250 (Alan Tudyk), a CG Imperial Enforcer Droid that’s defected to the Rebellion
      – Director Krennec (Ben Mendelsohn), an Imperial military director

It’s worth pointing out that a lot of the character description text is either vague or placeholder text from previous “Star Wars” companion books; the text accompanying the Imperial officers’ page, for instance, looks like it was pulled from a “The Force Awakens'” costume guide. Similarly, much of the descriptive text for the Rebel team is a variation on the same information. Each characters’ name and role, though, is unique.

Comment

This movie is a big deal for Disney. Whether it succeeds or fails won't immediately impact their plans, as I think they're pretty much full speed ahead on that Han Solo prequel, but it will set the tone going forward for these Anthology pictures. It's important that this one hits the mark. This is their "Thor". If the Star Wars franchise is going to be more than just the one trilogy, this is where it starts.

For the record, I don't know of anyone who is betting against it, and I'm not either.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
          For the record, I don't know of anyone who is betting against it, and I'm not either.
          Never tell me the odds!

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
            Never tell me the odds!
            ^ This guy. This guy... you better watch this guy. He... he gets it.

Comment

Yeah, I don't expect it to fail, but I am wondering how well it will do. VII was practically guaranteed that billion-dollar benchmark. I'm not certain about this one. Part of me expects a portion of the population to view it as "filler." But if it gets extremely positive buzz, I imagine it would overcome that.

Comment

Comment

The first “Star Wars” anthology film is rumored to be headed back to reshoots following a less-than-positive reaction from Disney execs. An unnamed source has informed Page Six that “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” will undergo four weeks of “expensive reshoots” in July.

The source said that execs are not happy with the first cut, and that it “has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.’” The source claims that Disney isn’t taking a “back seat” and “is demanding changes, as the movie isn’t testing well.”

A separate unnamed source, this one from Disney, said that additional shooting was always anticipated and is being done to ensure that “Rogue One” is “the absolute best it can be.” They added, “Coming off ‘The Force Awakens,’ there’s an incredibly high bar for this movie and we have a responsibility to the franchise and to the fans to deliver the best possible movie we can.”
                  So... Rogue One is not basically just a rehash of the original film? Not sure what they mean by high bar. Unless, they mean financially (with TFA being the third movie to gross $2 billion and is the highest grossing film, domestically).

Comment

Maybe they are adding more jokes to the movie.

Comment

They said it themselves, "The absolute best it can be". I never give to much thought into these statements cause it's what all film makers want their films to be and every film has allotted re-shoots whether they're needed or not.

Comment

I already want a director's cut that we'll probably never see.

Comment

From CBR:

Disney and Lucasfilm have reportedly hired veteran stunt coordinator Simon Crane to help with extensive reshoots for “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”

In addition, The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Tony Gilroy (the “Bourne” franchise, “Michael Clayton”) is writing new script pages, which a previous report indicates will focus on more “intimate” moments. He’s also expected to serve as a second unit director. Part of the goal of the reshoots reportedly is to lighten the tone of the film, which has been compared to a war movie.

The involvement of Crane, whose credits include “Edge of Tomorrow,” “Terminator 3″ and “Mr. & Mrs. Smith,” suggests new action sequence will also be added to the prequel.

The reshoots, expected to take up to six weeks, aren’t expected to affect the film’s Dec. 16 release date.

Comment

Fears that the heavy-duty war movie is being watered down into a lighthearted caper are unfounded, according to what EW has learned. “The movie is very different than [The Force Awakens], and that’s intentional,” one source says. “It’s a war film.”

Rumors that Disney executives have forced the changes to make the movie more family friendly are also false. According to EW’s sources, there have been no test screenings, and it’s unlikely there ever will be on a Star Wars film.

Comment

So, either 40% of this movie is being re-shot, 50% of this movie is being re-shot, or they're just tweaking it here and there.

Good to know all the outlets are on the same page.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎