Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

ROGUE ONE IS THE FIRST STAR WARS STAND-ALONE FILM, RIAN JOHNSON TO WRITE AND DIRECT STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII

THE TITLE FOR DIRECTOR GARETH EDWARDS' STAND-ALONE MOVIE, FEATURING ACTRESS FELICITY JONES, IS REVEALED, AND RIAN JOHNSON IS CONFIRMED FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII -- COMING TO THEATERS MAY 26, 2017.

“Always in motion is the future,” Yoda said. The future of the Star Wars cinematic galaxy, however, is taking shape.

This morning at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco, across the street from Lucasfilm, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger hosted a shareholder meeting where he announced news regarding the first Star Wars stand-alone movie as well as Star Wars: Episode VIII.

Rogue One is the title for the first film in a unique series of big-screen adventures that explores the characters and events beyond the core Star Wars saga. Rogue One will be directed by Gareth Edwards (Monsters, Godzilla) and written by Oscar nominee Chris Weitz (Cinderella, About a Boy, Antz). The first actress cast is Felicity Jones, who garnered an Academy Award nomination and critical acclaim for her performance in The Theory of Everything. The idea for the story of Rogue One came from John Knoll, an Academy Award-winning visual effects supervisor and chief creative officer at Industrial Light & Magic. He will executive produce along with Simon Emanuel (The Dark Knight Rises, Fast & Furious 6) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin, War of the Worlds). Kathleen Kennedy and Tony To (Band of Brothers, The Pacific) are on board to produce and John Swartz (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) will co-produce. The film starts shooting this summer in London and is due for release on December 16, 2016.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-o...inkId=12857863

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-16-2016, 03:45 PM. Reason: Thread Title Change

Felcity Jones is the most beautiful woman alive.

Comment

ROGUE ONE DETAILS REVEALED AT STAR WARS CELEBRATION ANAHEIM

DIRECTOR GARETH EDWARDS UNVEILS STORY ELEMENTS AND MORE FROM ROGUE ONE-- THE FIRST FILM IN THE NEWLY NAMED STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY SERIES.

Major announcements and several clues about the new Star Wars stand-alone movies were made at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim today when Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy, Kiri Hart, and Pablo Hidalgo were joined in a panel discussion by director Gareth Edwards and Industrial Light and Magic’s John Knoll.

Kathleen Kennedy revealed that the upcoming big screen adventures that explore the characters and events beyond the core Star Wars saga will be known as the Star Wars Anthology Series.

Up until now, details around the first entry in the Anthology Series, Gareth Edwards’ Rogue One, have been minimal. Edwards revealed that the film will revolve around a rogue band of resistance fighters who unite for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans and bring new hope to the galaxy. “I couldn’t sit in a cinema and know that someone else made this film,” Edwards said in the panel. Fans were treated to concept art and a brief video that caused a packed house to erupt.

Several Rogue One crew members attached to the production include director of photography Greig Fraser (Foxcatcher, Zero Dark Thirty), special effects supervisor Neil Corbould (Gravity, Gladiator), casting director Jina Jay (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, War Horse), and sound designer Chris Scarabosio (There Will be Blood, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith).

Star Wars veterans transitioning from The Force Awakens to Rogue One include co-production designers Doug Chiang (Star Wars Episodes I & II) and Neil Lamont (supervising art director for the Harry Potter series, Edge of Tomorrow), stunt coordinator Rob Inch (World War Z, Captain America: The First Avenger), creature effects supervisor Neal Scanlan (Prometheus) and co-costume designers Dave Crossman (costume supervisor for the Harry Potter series, Saving Private Ryan), and Glyn Dillon (costume concept artist for Kingsman: The Secret Service, Jupiter Ascending).

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-o...ration-anaheim
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-20-2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I liked Godzilla. I love Star Wars. Let's do it.

Comment

I was just going to skip side movies about Boba Fett, Han Solo, and Yoda, but this story about ordinary X-Wing pilots stealing plans for the first Death Star seems interesting.

Comment

Forest Whitaker is in negotiations to join the cast.

Comment

Darth Vader will appear in the film though, he will not be the main villain of the film. He will be behind the scenes, pulling the strings as the overarching villain in the shadows.

Comment

I get nervous whenever I hear Vader will be appearing in something. I fear he will be ruined by overexposure.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                  I get nervous whenever I hear Vader will be appearing in something. I fear he will be ruined by overexposure.
                  Me too. I said it when I heard he'd be appearing in Rebels. My reaction when I heard that was, "wait, are they ending the show? Because shouldn't Vader kill them all? How are they going to show the rebels cast getting away from Vader week after week without neutering the biggest badass in the Star Wars universe?"

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                    Me too. I said it when I heard he'd be appearing in Rebels. My reaction when I heard that was, "wait, are they ending the show? Because shouldn't Vader kill them all? How are they going to show the rebels cast getting away from Vader week after week without neutering the biggest badass in the Star Wars universe?"
                    I just watched episode 1x10, I think they made Lando really boring.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                      I just watched episode 1x10, I think they made Lando really boring.
                      You think that because they did. (aka - I agree)

The show skews younger than I had expected. In retrospect, it's not that surprising, considering the new parent company.

Comment

Do you like it more or less than clone wars?

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                          Do you like it more or less than clone wars?
                          I'm not over the moon with either one, but probably more. Clone Wars was probably the better show, but the original Star Wars felt a lot like a band of misfits thrown together against impossible odds and Rebels feels to me to be more in that spirit. SW-protagonists are just a lot more likable when they're underdogs, I guess, which bodes well for Rogue One.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                            I think they made good use of him in the premiere. He won't be appearing week after week, though I guess we'll have to see him again. I just hope whenever he does come back he doesn't interact with the Ghost crew much. I liked Clone Wars, but the number of times Obi-Wan and/or Anakin fought Grievous, Dooku, and Ventress was ridiculous.

I hate to say it, but James Earl Jones's voice sounds a bit off nowadays. It's understandable since we're thirty years past Jedi, but it's kind of sad, and it contributes to me not wanting to see/hear too much of him.

Comment

Rogue One, begins shooting in three weeks, according to Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎