Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did everyone think Lex Luthor sent the silver kryptonite?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did everyone think Lex Luthor sent the silver kryptonite?

There's one rather big plot ho;e in Splinter. There's some really bad writing that doesn't make sense. Read on and I'll explain.

OK... So in Splinter... Here's wha happened....

A Silver meteor rock was sent to Lana, which claimed to be from Lex. However, Lex said he didn't send it.

Later on when it made Clark paranoid, everyone thought Lex was responsible for sending it, even though we (the audience) know it was Milton Fine A.K.A Braniac who sent it.

However, there's a gap in logic here. It wouldn't make a whole lot sense for it to be Lex.
    Firstly, if Lex sent the rock and didn't want anyone to know he did, why would he sign his name? It doesn't make any sense. Lex is a smart guy. He wouldn't be so sloppy as to sign his name on something that he didn't want anyone to know he sent.
    Secondly, what reason would he have for sending it? There's no way he could possibly know that it would make Clark paranoid is there?
    Thirdly, Lana seems to think Lex sent it to break her and Clark up. But come on!! How is making Clark paranoid going to do this? It's just going to make him a threat to Lana and to him.

While, I did enjoy the episode, this whole thing makes no sense whatsoever! Why does everyone think it was Lex? What reason would there be? Am I missing something? I there a reason why it could be Lex? Can someone exlplain the logic behind everyone thinking it was Lex, because it just doesn't make any sense to me!

Lana was studying the 1989 meteor shower as part of her astronomy studies at Met U. Lana believed Lex sent it (as signed) as a specimen from one of the showers that he'd come across. Lex, of course, hadn't sent it. Milton Fine (Brainiac) had, and was doing all he could discredit Lex. It made sense.
    Last edited by skully; 03-08-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
      Lana was studying the 1989 meteor shower as part of her astronomy studies at Met U. Lana believed Lex sent it (as signed) as a specimen from one of the showers that he'd come across. Lex, of course, hadn't sent it. Milton Fine (Brainiac) had, and was doing all he could discredit Lex. It made sense.
      But why would he sign it and then claim it wasn't from him? If he addmitted he hadn't sent it, why would she still think he did? Because there is no way on earth Lex would send it, sign his name then claim he had nothing to do with it. Don't get me wrong I understand why Lana thought it was him to begin with, but when he claimed he didn't send it & she still thought it was him, and when she started thinking he sent it to break Clark & Lana up, that's when it starts not making sense. How does this work exactly? Why would she think he sent it when he clearly claimed he didn't? I know he's a lyar, but he's not a sloppy lyar. He'd hide his tracts better than that if he sent it.
      Last edited by Luthorsrock123; 03-08-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

He didn't sign it, Fine did. Fine didn't like Lex (remember their meetings at Met U and over the mansion pool table) and was setting him up. Remember the rock affected Clark, and Fine wanted Lana to think evil Lex was responsible. When Lex denied he sent it, Lana initially thought he was lying. Win-win for Fine.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
          He didn't sign it, Fine did. Fine didn't like Lex (remember their meetings at Met U and over the mansion pool table) and was setting him up. Remember the rock affected Clark, and Fine wanted Lana to think evil Lex was responsible. When Lex denied he sent it, Lana initially thought he was lying. Win-win for Fine.
          Yes, I get that. I understand that Fine didn't like Lex, & was setting him up. I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying Lex signed it. I know he didn't. OK.... Just for one moment, lets just pretend he did. Lets say he signed it, then sent it to Lana and then denied that he sent it just like Lana thought he did. Wouldn't that be quite a sloppy move by Lex's standereds? If he didn't want Lana to know he sent it, would he really have signed 'from Lex'. No, there's no way Lex would do that. So therefore I don't see why Lana would think he did. Because think about Lex signing it and then denying. That's not Lex's style. He's a smart guy. There's no way he'd do that! So I think it doesn't make sense to think that he did. His mthords would be ilogical, & anyone around him should be able to logicly figure out that it wouldn't be Lex. Sorry if you've misunderstood me. I'm not very good at explaning myself, but do yuo understand now?

Comment

Luthorsrock123's right. It didn't make any sense. At least not in the order the events had been presented.

Lana gets the rock, supposedly signed from Lex.
            She goes to Lex, thanking him for it, he denies it.
            Clark starts acting paranoid.
            Lana accuses Lex of having sent it on purpose to "poison" Clark.

If that had been Lex' plan, he certainly would not have signed the card.

A much more plausible chain of events (with Fine still actually being the perpetrator) would have been:

Lex denying he sent the rock.
            Lana believing that he did send the rock but now that the rock had unintended/unforeseen side-effects trying to back out so he wouldn't bear any responsibility for what it caused.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
              Luthorsrock123's right. It didn't make any sense. At least not in the order the events had been presented.

She goes to Lex, thanking him for it, he denies it.

If that had been Lex' plan, he certainly would not have signed the card.

A much more plausible chain of events (with Fine still actually being the perpetrator) would have been:

Lex denying he sent the rock.
              Lana believing that he did send the rock but now that the rock had unintended/unforeseen side-effects trying to back out so he wouldn't bear any responsibility for what it caused.
              I agree with you completely with everything you said! The example you gave would have worked a lot better! As it is, it just seems like bad writing. Also, it seems strange that Chloe & Clark thought Lex was behind it for another reason. How would he know that the rock would make Clark parannoyed? He doesn't know Clark's secrete & he doesn't know that meteor rocks have different effects on him, so how could he know that the silver one could make him parannoyed? clark didn't even know that!

I do agree with what you said completely though!

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎