0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Inhumanly Bad
    0%

So I know I'm late but I wanted to leave my thoughts (I've been sick and it's been a making me slower to get to stuff lately).

Loved the direct mention of both the Mist and Terrogensis. Yay for Inhuman terms!

Coulson wants revenge (or should I say he wants to "Avenge"? LOL).

Raina's transformation. I don't know any 'thorn' characters? Anyone know if she's supposed to be someone from the comics?

Bobbi visiting Skye and calling her a rock star. I didn't think those 2 were really all that friendly with each other but okay.

The argument that almost makes Skye manifest her powers. Man, is Mac being a jerk or what?

The car getting T-boned gave me Supernatural flashbacks! All a setup? Who else guessed it pretty early on? *raises hand* I suspected when May got shot but really knew with Coulson's bad line.

Simmons wants to eradicate all powers? Wow, Jemma. Will she change her mind when she finds out about Skye or will she turn against her?

Raina and Papa Skye talking. Kyle is always a delight to watch.

Bobbi and Mac and their secret. I figured Bobbi was lying about the support group to get Hunter off her back (and how weird did he sound with the American accent?). Them getting attacked and taking out a bunch of the heads of Hydra. Do they not remember the creed? "Kill one and two more take it's place" type thing?

Fitz freaking out about Skye. I figured he was going to pull a Jemma. Then him lying about her results. Interesting to see where this sidestory will go. It's nice that Fitz and Skye will have something to bond them again.

Reader teleporting Raina out of there--for Hydra or some other reason?

And the mini!Lola spying. Who are Bobbi and Mac spying for? (Honestly, I don't think they are triple agents a la Jessica Drew. I do wonder if they aren't spying for Fury though...)

A decent episode but I'd really rather have more of the core team than more of Hunter/Mac/the new guys. Also, not even a mention of Ward (except that Skye shot him)?

BTW, during that argument when Mac was all "who are you to give orders?" all I could think was "He's the director of SHIELD and your Boss, dude! He's got every right to give you orders! Duh!"
    Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 03-06-2015, 12:07 PM. Reason: adding a thought

Comment

Yeah, I thought most of the episode was pretty ridiculous. I enjoyed seeing Trip's face carted out, because it was a powerful piece of imagery. I also thought the actress playing Raina did a great job this week. Everything else felt either forced or played with such a total lack of subtlety that I couldn't take it seriously.

Comment

It was basically enjoyable, but my primary thought was, "I wish there were more Agent Carter."

This episode was really undercut by Tripp's lack of character this season. He was there at the tail of last season, but he almost seemed forgotten this season until he was stabbed by the Doc. It's just so weird hearing them all talk about him like he was a great friend and teammate. Mac has had more of a presence than he has.

Comment

I might have felt more empathy about the team's loss of Tripp if Tripp as a character had been better developed during his run. Tripp may have been a great teammate and he had his moments, but the "wake" scene did seem a bit forced -- they're telling us he was a good team member that will be missed, but as for "showing" it, he was barely on the radar in the lead-up to his death.

It's the secondary characters on this show that, more often than not, seem to get short shrift re: development. They show up to advance a plot, with little sense of who they are as individuals, and not much else. They are trying to get better at it in S2 but I see it as a work-in-progress.

It looks like Fitz and Skye, as well as Bobbi and Hunter, are going to be the secrets-and-lies standard bearers for the duration of the season (for better or worse).

I will say that Raina, at long last, was interesting with her realization that getting super abilities isn't all it was cracked up to be.

Comment

'Aftershock' is a good episode. Skye get her powers, and it might lead her to the Avengers at a future time. I like how the agents of SHIELD trick the inner circle of Hydra into killing each other. There is just one leader left, and he isn't even in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
              I enjoyed seeing Trip's face carted out, because it was a powerful piece of imagery.
              It was, yes. Creepy but with an overtone of sadness, I thought. (or perhaps vice versa? Either way, well done.)

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎