Collapse
No announcement yet.

#10.22 "The Prisoner"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having the Anti-Christ on Supernatural is actually a great idea, and it's what I found surprising that the Anti-Christ wasn't already introduced to the show during the Apocalypse storyline.

Imagine the prisoner actually being Charlie imprisoned by The Stein Family and the point of this episode is the brothers breaking her out and retrieving The Book of the Damned and somehow weaseling out without having to turn to Lucifer. What a major disappointment that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Axalon
      Gotta disagree with you Welling. I agree more with Fletch. Season 10 has by far been the worst season of Supernatural. This season has had very little direction, unending case of the week episodes, and no main arc to carry the narrative of the season. It's time to end the Winchester Gospel.
      You didn't even like the first 3 episodes of this season, Axalon? Nearly everyone seems to have loved Demon!Dean and wanted more of that (still upset about the 200th pre-empting that). To me, the fact that I loved those 3 so much puts 10 over on 7.

Dick Roman was just such a let down, to me. I mean, he would have been okay if they'd just introduced the Leviathans differently, I feel. But to basically tease Cthulthu and then for it to be these silly monsters who just eat stuff? Yeah, bit of a letdown to me. I wanted Elder Gods and instead got the Langoliers.

Comment

the leviathans were all just stupid.. I mean goo monsters that can kill angels.. really? Ugh.

anyway I agree with you Welling the first 3 episodes were fantastic and this season COULD have been great if it had actually been the 'year of the deanmon' but instead we got a season that basically consists of filler episodes only and a very weak plot. All they do is try to create some drama between the brothers again since they're apparently lying to each other, AGAIN. I feel like nothing has actually happened whatsoever, nothing of meaning.. yeah sure Dean is a human again but that was obviously going to happen at some point and it wasn't satisfying at all imo because it was resolved WAY too quickly and easily. Cas is an angel again and Metatron's free.. great. So we have fixed the problems that season 9 created but where is the new stuff? Where is the new villain that we can actually take seriously? (sorry Rowena) How could they make a lame season like this when there was SO MUCH potential with Demon Dean and the mark plot possibly eventually leading us to Lucifer..

And don't get me started on how they killed off one of the best characters in years.. Cain! (How many redheads do I have to sacrifice to get him back??? I know of two I wouldn't mind biting the dust...)

I'm severely disappointed and I have to admit I'm beginning to despise the show for what it has become. I mean I watch the new episodes each week because hey it's not like they cost me a dime after all but I don't enjoy them at all as they are now and I know it's probably a lost case at this point but I still hope they can somehow fix this mess and at least end it with some dignity. Like it was supposed to, all the way back in 2010.
        Last edited by taftvalue; 05-02-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
          I agree with you Welling the first 3 episodes were fantastic and this season COULD have been great if it had actually been the 'year of the deanmon'
          I think a lot of fans really wanted that. Even Jensen has said that he wishes he could have been Demon!Dean for longer (and that, orginally, was the plan. I believe he was supposed to stay that way for the 1st half of the season. But, of course, the 200th got in the way).

Where is the new villain that we can actually take seriously?
          I remember reading an interview or something with TPTB (Carver, perhaps?) where he said--this was pretty near the start of the season--that the big bads would be the boys this year. That they would be fighting the 'evil inside themselves'. It all sounded very Buffy Season 6 (when Willow turned out to be the big bad of that season?) to me. I don't know if Dean being turned back from a demon cut off that storyline or if there will yet be some reveal (perhaps in this episode?) that will swing us back to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
            You didn't even like the first 3 episodes of this season, Axalon? Nearly everyone seems to have loved Demon!Dean and wanted more of that (still upset about the 200th pre-empting that). To me, the fact that I loved those 3 so much puts 10 over on 7.

Dick Roman was just such a let down, to me. I mean, he would have been okay if they'd just introduced the Leviathans differently, I feel. But to basically tease Cthulthu and then for it to be these silly monsters who just eat stuff? Yeah, bit of a letdown to me. I wanted Elder Gods and instead got the Langoliers.
            I loved the first 3 episodes as well Welling! I also enjoyed the 200th episode and one or two others here and there, but I still enjoyed Season 7 a lot more. I agree the utilization of Dick Roman was very poorly executed. I would have liked the Levis to have more to do than to just eat, but it was still very different from anything we'd really seen in Supernatural till that time. Plus, seeing the episode of Bobby's death was probably one of my favourites of the season. I felt it was perfect because it really highlighted Rufus and Bobby's friendship, it showed just how much he loved Sam and Dean even as kids when John was being a stubborn SOB and of course showcased his kick ass skills as a hunter against the reaper while delving into Bobby's back story. Despite the story not being overly interesting in Season 7, it at least had a real direction. Plus we had never previously seen beings that could obliterate angels in a snap aside from the AntiChrist.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
              the leviathans were all just stupid.. I mean goo monsters that can kill angels.. really? Ugh.

anyway I agree with you Welling the first 3 episodes were fantastic and this season COULD have been great if it had actually been the 'year of the deanmon' but instead we got a season that basically consists of filler episodes only and a very weak plot. All they do is try to create some drama between the brothers again since they're apparently lying to each other, AGAIN. I feel like nothing has actually happened whatsoever, nothing of meaning.. yeah sure Dean is a human again but that was obviously going to happen at some point and it wasn't satisfying at all imo because it was resolved WAY too quickly and easily. Cas is an angel again and Metatron's free.. great. So we have fixed the problems that season 9 created but where is the new stuff? Where is the new villain that we can actually take seriously? (sorry Rowena) How could they make a lame season like this when there was SO MUCH potential with Demon Dean and the mark plot possibly eventually leading us to Lucifer..

And don't get me started on how they killed off one of the best characters in years.. Cain! (How many redheads do I have to sacrifice to get him back??? I know of two I wouldn't mind biting the dust...)

I'm severely disappointed and I have to admit I'm beginning to despise the show for what it has become. I mean I watch the new episodes each week because hey it's not like they cost me a dime after all but I don't enjoy them at all as they are now and I know it's probably a lost case at this point but I still hope they can somehow fix this mess and at least end it with some dignity. Like it was supposed to, all the way back in 2010.
              Your right in saying that they did not introduce anything really new this season. They talked about the Grand Coven, but it's just mentioned in passing without being a real threat.

I still don't believe Cain is dead, I think if they wanted us to know he was dead, they would have clearly shown us on the screen.

Comment

Plus, seeing the episode of Bobby's death was probably one of my favourites of the season.
                That was a great episode, I'll agree! Definitely the best episode of Season 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                  That was a great episode, I'll agree! Definitely the best episode of Season 7.
                  I too enjoy 'How To Win Friends And Influence Monsters" and "Death's Door" the most from that season. I also find myself always going back to "The Born Again Identity" and of course "Meet The New Boss" from that season. I feel like you just need to watch those ones with "Girl With the D&D tattoo", "Reading Is Fundamental" and then "Survival Of The Fittest" to really get that season as a whole. If you go about it like that it makes season 7 not so tedious and actually pretty enjoyable. I think the hardest part about season 7 and seasons like 9 and 10 is it has taken them so long to get to the friggin point to where other seasons everything felt organic enough that it doesn't feel like we are being dragged out by it.

Comment

Just checked out the official promo for this episode, and I'm pretty hyped for this. Dean has gone completely mental, and it will be fun seeing him like that again. The chance that Lucifer will be free by the end of this season is getting pretty small. I will be VERY disappointed if that does not happen. If the Steins really need to be the main heels in the following season, fine, let it be that way, but let Lucifer walk for the Season 10 finale. Maybe a weakened Lucifer regaining his strength in Season 11 while the Winchesters deal with The Steins could be a good story. Have Lucifer regain his full strength in season 11's finale killing Crowley and have Sam and Dean end the Steins so we could enter Season 12 with the Winchesters vs Lucifer story yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by emirates
                      Just checked out the official promo for this episode, and I'm pretty hyped for this. Dean has gone completely mental, and it will be fun seeing him like that again. The chance that Lucifer will be free by the end of this season is getting pretty small. I will be VERY disappointed if that does not happen. If the Steins really need to be the main heels in the following season, fine, let it be that way, but let Lucifer walk for the Season 10 finale. Maybe a weakened Lucifer regaining his strength in Season 11 while the Winchesters deal with The Steins could be a good story. Have Lucifer regain his full strength in season 11's finale killing Crowley and have Sam and Dean end the Steins so we could enter Season 12 with the Winchesters vs Lucifer story yet again.
                      What was the official promo Emirates ?! =) I like the idea of the Steins, and they'd be a great secondary villain for next season, but I'd still like to see something happen with Lucifer, Michael and Adam and the cage.

Comment

From the official facebook page

Comment

Wishful thinking my friend lol . I really hope you are right, but it might have to do with Metatron...
                          Has nothing to do with Lucifer or Metatron. The Styne's capture Dean for some harvesting. Dean is their prisoner,,,hence the ep's title.

Comment

well I'm hyped for tonight's episode.. Dean finally going nuts.. this is what I've been waiting for.

Comment

Saw the extended promo. Looks like Crowley may be killed off. Neither Mark Sheppard or Misha Collins have been named as returning for season 11. Looks like the show is wiping the slate clean of all the supporting characters.

Comment

Originally posted by pinetree3
                                Saw the extended promo. Looks like Crowley may be killed off. Neither Mark Sheppard or Misha Collins have been named as returning for season 11. Looks like the show is wiping the slate clean of all the supporting characters.
                                Could you link to that extended promo?

(And they're not killing off Cas. Misha will be back next year.)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎