7 18.42%

6 15.79%

4 10.53%

6 15.79%

0 0%

0 0%

5 13.16%

0 0%
  • 1 - Let Rahs stick a sword into this episode.

2 5.26%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by spotteddog View Post
    Overall I gave the episode a 7. Thea had some really good beats, especially in her interactions with Laurel. I always enjoy seeing Malcolm have a prominent role in an episode because his character is so damn easy to hate - love it !! I did not like or not like the Ray/Felicity scenes - the whole situation seems so damn contrived, I guess I just don't care.

I do have one big question though - is A.T.O.M. ripping off Iron Man or Superman ? Because this dude bears absolutely no resemblance to the Atom of the comics.
    All we can hope is that when he get's STAR labs help to finish the suit it becomes vastly more like the comics and not Iron Man like.

Posting Pro
    Overall I gave the episode a 7. Thea had some really good beats, especially in her interactions with Laurel. I always enjoy seeing Malcolm have a prominent role in an episode because his character is so damn easy to hate - love it !! I did not like or not like the Ray/Felicity scenes - the whole situation seems so damn contrived, I guess I just don't care.

I do have one big question though - is A.T.O.M. ripping off Iron Man or Superman ? Because this dude bears absolutely no resemblance to the Atom of the comics.
    I'd say a mixture.... and since Routh played SUperman once, I think its safe to say that Flash isn't going to end up as the Superman archetype after all.... besides, Barry still sees Oliver as sort of a mentor figure (I bet he's going to be needing advice when it comes to the whole Wells thing, and Oliver would definitely be a sympathetic ear thanks to his time with Slade), whereas Palmer wouldn't see the Arrow as a mentor. If anything, he probably feels the Arrow is a problem, which would explain Episode 18's title....

I think they are trying to shoe horn the Atom into the Blue Beetle's suit. I'm sure they had storyline planned out before they were told they couldn't use Ted Kord

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    I think they are trying to shoe horn the Atom into the Blue Beetle's suit. I'm sure they had storyline planned out before they were told they couldn't use Ted Kord
    Now I think about it the design of the suit would suit Blue Beetle much more then Atom so that would make sense.

New In Town
    I think they had most of the Ted Kord / Blue Beetle plot already in the lineup when they were told they could not use Ted, so they just chose a name and hero that had a suit and changed the names but kept the story line. In fact I saw someone post a pic of he blue beetle suit next to Ray's atom suit, and they looked almost identical (blue beetle's wings were missing). I am not a comics afficionado so it doesn't bother me, but I am sure it is making some people to hate it.

I wonder if keeping the storyline had more to do with the budget. Perhaps they had already spent a lot of time and money developing the blue beetle effects, etc. and it was just not possible to make such a drastic change so quickly.
    Last edited by MRF; 02-27-2015 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Additional Thought

Well, I, for one, was surprised by Ra's al Ghul's offer to Oliver. I look forward to seeing how this plays out when the show returns.

I also enjoyed our first look at Ray suited up as the Atom. I can't wait to see him in action fighting crime.

This show manages to surprise me sometimes, mainly because I don't spend much time thinking about it. I didn't really see Ra's's offer coming, but I guess I should have since this show has had no shortage of Batman influence.

Knowing they planned to use Ted Kord makes so much sense and adds to the disappointment. I can't imagine why he would be off-limits. It's not like he'll be showing up in the movies or getting his own show anytime soon.

Roy and Diggle had some nice scenes this week.

They need to cut back on Laurel's crying scenes. They're never good.

New In Town
    This is for the moderators to see. Are my posts being banned or something. If so, I just wanna know so I won't waste my time or energy writing them!!! Furthermore, not waste my time lurking in here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Matron Malice View Post
    This is for the moderators to see. Are my posts being banned or something. If so, I just wanna know so I won't waste my time or energy writing them!!! Furthermore, not waste my time lurking in here anymore.
    It happens at first, some of your posts are not published immediately, they are revised first by a mod. My advice is to keep posting, you already have 11 posts, shouldn't take long for that to stop happening.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsofnever View Post
    Oh, and I seem to be one of only a few who actually likes Ray. Even if I wish his suit was closer to the comics. I also enjoy the Raylicity interactions, so it's unfortunate that Felicity will end up stomping all over his heart.
    100% agree with this! For now, I am glad to see the writers showing Laurel (and Felicity in so much that she is trying to choose to be in a healthy relationship with a man who respects her rather than pining over Oliver who I am not convinced does love her no matter how much they make him say it) a modicum of respect. I hope it lasts.

Posting Pro
    I agree with some posters here that "Nanda Parbat" was a bit of a downer, with lots of illogical plot twists. However, there were a few scenes that saved this ep from being a total failure:

1. Nyssa and Laurel bonding over Sara in the "Arrowcave". I've loved Katrina Law since her role in "Spartacus", and I think she is doing a great job portraying Nyssa. The way she speaks about Sara really sells their relationship for me, even more than when I actually saw them on screen in season two.

2. Diggle and Oliver bonding in the cell at Nanda Parbat (while in chains, something which probably fed the fantasies of a few Diggliver slash shippers out there!). David Ramsey is also an actor who manages to make any cheesy piece of dialogue the writers give him touching and believable. That is probably why I didn't do an eyeroll when he asked Ollie to be his best man!

3. Every Roy Parker scene. Colton Haynes have caught quite a lot of flak for his wooden acting. However, in these past episodes, he has really impressed me with his acting. In fact, I'm so impressed that Roy is slowly becoming one of my favourite "Arrow" characters. Colton portrays Roy with a pretty irresistible mixture of toughness and vulnerability, and his scenes with Thea/Willa have been really good lately. I'm also glad that the writers addressed the issue of Roy's killing a policeman, and managed to tie it to Thea's decision to turn Malcolm over to the League...

4. ...which brings me to Thea. I really like Thea (and Willa's portrayal of her), but the way she changes her mind about pivotal issues is giving me a whiplash. Make up your mind, girl! Do you trust/support Malcolm or not? Thea's feelings about Malcolm seem to change from episode to episode, which makes me suspect that she is really just a plot device whose primary role is to make Oliver embark on ever more rash and irrational missions, such as taking a doting father on a suicide mission to rescue his own worst nemesis....

5. ...who is none other than Malcolm Merlyn. Am I the only one who is getting a little tired of Merlyn and his season three antics? Season one Malcolm was a great Big Bad, mysterious, threatening and the perfect "I may look like a perfectly groomed billionaire, but I'm really mad as a hatter" villain. In season three he is mostly kind of meh, at least in my eyes. I don't feel that there is any real tension between him and Oliver, at least not the kind of tension they had in season one. But maybe that is because Ollie himself has been kind of meh this season?

Anyway, there were enjoyable moments in this ep as well, but that is probably because I am still attached to the "Arrow" characters and care about their fates. I would also like to add that I find Ray/Brandon adorable, with or without his shirt, and that I can understand why Felicity wanted to take him to bed!

Forum Regular
    yeah im sorry to Ray but i don't think he fits into this show too good, like im not saying he completely doesn't fit into arrow, but he is close too it. ray would be soo much better and more fitting into flash and it would be awesome. the Ra's plot twist was cool but Laurel seriously needs to stop whining. Oliver may have bad judgement sometimes, but laurel doesn't understand the guilt that Thea would have to carry if she was the reason why Malcom her father died... Oliver was doing the right thing in saving thea's soul, but he also was doing to for himself... Laurel would be so much better if she wasn't whining.. not gonna lie, i am an olicity fan, but Felicity is really starting to annoy me as she is sounding like she hates every decision Oliver makes

Join The Purple Side
    wait wait... laurel or felicity needs to stop whining? sounds like you got the names muddled up.

^This.

Fans bringing up Laurel being allegedly "whiny" or "weepy" as a criticism is more of a Season 2 thing, old news in my books, and I don't perceive this from her character as she stands now, esp. during these latest episodes.

I actually found that Laurel took the news of Thea's involvement in Sara's death pretty well. Almost too well, if viewers must find fault with the reaction. I would gladly take this compared to some of Felicity's shipper-fueled histrionics of late this season. Laurel's been holding it together, surprisingly well, this season in comparison to either Thea or Felicity. Even Thea, whose character used to hold the tag team melodrama belt with Laurel in earlier seasons, has made improvements on this front. Laurel has become more "grounded" as a character this season, when you compare how she used to be in previous seasons esp. S2.

As for Season 3? Hate to say it, but ever since the series embraced full-throttle Olicity in the premiere, it's Felicity that's become the series' melodrama standard bearer. And that's not exactly a good thing -- for her character, or for the series as a whole. (Can we have Season 1/early S2 Felicity back again?)

I don't much care for shipping, but if it means Olicity is being put on the backburner (giving Ollie and Felicity some much needed character development space independent of each other) -- long may Ralicity reign.

Now to the good stuff:

-Laurel and Nyssa did establish a moment of understanding. I would be fine with them forging a bond -- and Ra's supposedly downgrading her heir status could be the catalyst to drive her into siding with Team Arrow at minimum, or even to take up training duties with Laurel now that Ted isn't a factor for now.

-As a Batman fan, I'm loving their incorporation of Ra's looking for an heir. Ra's may have intended to kill Ollie back in The Climb but Ollie's survival could have been an unexpected test. Maybe Ollie's "test" to prove his worthiness may not be over yet?

-I hope we will find out more about how Ollie survived what looked to be fatal injuries. It's got to be more than penicillin tea and some sleep.

Okay, I loved Laurel in this episode. She handled the news that Thea killed Sara really well and her interactions with Nyssa were great. I really hope Nyssa starts training her now that Ted seems to not be around (did he die?)

I loved seeing Digg and Ollie out in action together, and the best man scene was cute. It's interesting that Ra's offered Ollie the place as his heir and I'm interested to see how Nyssa takes it, but it also wasn't so shocking. I kind of think President_Luthor might be right about Ra's killing Ollie as a test to see if he survived and was worthy to be his heir.

I like Raylicity, I ship them, don't care how many Olicity fans want to kill me for saying that. I enjoy their scenes together, a lot more than Olicity.

I really feel like the Olicity pairing isn't good for either Oliver or Felicity.

I thought Thea turning Malcolm in was interesting, would have been more of a shock if the promo hadn't ruined it. I also enjoyed watching her struggle with her guilt and the decision to tell Laurel and Nyssa that she was responsible for Sara's death was handled well. I think Willa Holland is doing a good job with what she's been given this season.

I think the problem with the episode was that it was a little slow paced, and it was over hyped. For me it didn't live up to the hype that the show runners were trying to give it.

I think it was a 6 out of 10.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast