Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agent Carter #1.8 "Valediction" Season Finale Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent Carter #1.8 "Valediction" Season Finale Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

24 minutes

4 minutes

Comment

Tis On

Comment

anyone going to post tonight?

Comment

This episode and this series was excellent. I really hope she comes back. There's no real reason to rank the superhero tv shows against each other, but of the Arrow, Flash, AoS, Agent Carter group... I prefer Agent Carter.

Comment

Great ending to a great mini series. And with a stunning lead actress.

Renew it please.

Comment

Great ep and im sad the series has wrapped for the season. I have had a blast watching it and hope it gets a 2nd season. They did a good job of leaving it open too. Im actually shocked they didnt have Chad Michael Murray's character say Hail Hydra. I seriously thought thats where they were going!

Comment

I tried to watch a couple of episodes, but couldn't focus on it after having just watched the Flash. The Flash is just that awesome. Now that Carter is over and Flash is on break, I'll go back and give it the attention it deserves. I've heard it's a better show than A.O.S, of course that's very faint praise.

Comment

I really hope they bring this one back for another season. I loved the twist at the end of last night's show!

Comment

I've grown to like this series, esp. that last few episodes. It was a bit slow in the build-up, largely due to their need to create the Agent Carter universe, introduce supporting characters etc. post-Captain America. But it knew exactly what it wanted to do as a series and by the finale largely delivered on it. Hayley Atwell is key to the whole series, she's the one that makes it worth watching. Jarvis, Howard Stark and Leviathan agent Ida/Dottie were among my favourites among the supporting characters. (The others may have potential -- if we get to see them develop in a S2.)

In the sense that Agent Carter was clear about its identity from Day 1 -- while AoS only seemed to find its footing, narratively speaking, late into S1 -- I'd have to agree that Agent Carter's S1 was better than AoS' S1.

Agent Carter works better as a miniseries (10-13 eps. max?). Would they be able to sustain viewer interest on a regular, 22 episode season? I'm not so sure. I'm not worried about Atwell, I'm sure she could handle it -- my worry would be the writing being consistent over a longer season. (I wonder if AoS itself would be a much better show if it had shorter seasons/fewer episodes.)

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                      Im actually shocked they didnt have Chad Michael Murray's character say Hail Hydra. I seriously thought thats where they were going!
                      Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that! Cause I was very much waiting for it. I still wonder if Jack isn't a Hydra mole (I'm not sure when Hydra started infiltrating SHIELD, if it was back in the SSR days or later?).

So this was a strong finish to a somewhat uneven but enjoyable series for me. I still say the best stuff was Peggy&Jarvis and I hope we get a season 2 if for no other reason than to see those 2 together again.

Hayley was impressive as Peggy, of course.

Loved her fight with Dottie, really showed off the 2 women and their fighting styles. Dottie more ballet-like and very Russian. Peggy more scrappy and fisticuffs but still smooth.

The scene over the radio with Howard was a nice callback to Peggy's goodbye to Steve in the first film. Though Howard missing Steve so much boggles me a little. We didn't actually see them interact much in the previous MCU. I didn't think they'd gotten to be such good friends, enough for Steve to miss him so.

Jarvis lifting Steve's blood. Impressive and very, very sweet that he trusts only Peggy with it. I did wonder if she would tuck it away. Her destroying it was something I figured she might do but dumping it in the river? Not sure that was smart. Who knows what is in Steve's blood and how it might affect things (either life in the river or if it were to wash ashore of whatnot)?

Jack seems to be in line to take over the SSR. Huh. I thought after everything that he would at least mention Peggy and Sousa's help but no, seems he's reverted to 'jerk' status.

Sousa--they seemed to be setting him up as Peggy's love interest (and that does still seem open) but I'm still pissed at him for how he turned on her.

All in all, a good ending to the show.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎