No announcement yet.

The Kidnapping...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kidnapping...

I just thought of a nice little theory... Moira knew more than she was letting on, about Oliver and his time away. So when she arranged the kidnapping, she knew he'd get out somehow... and afterwards, used it as the excuse that "Oliver knows nothing" to Malcolm, and to get Diggle (A man with an ex within ARGUS, the group that Oliver had worked with...) close to Oliver... wouldn't surprise me if that was an order/suggestion from pre-return oliver or ARGUS...

you never know.

Originally posted by Alex Mcpherson
    I just thought of a nice little theory... Moira knew more than she was letting on, about Oliver and his time away. So when she arranged the kidnapping, she knew he'd get out somehow... and afterwards, used it as the excuse that "Oliver knows nothing" to Malcolm, and to get Diggle (A man with an ex within ARGUS, the group that Oliver had worked with...) close to Oliver... wouldn't surprise me if that was an order/suggestion from pre-return oliver or ARGUS...

you never know.
    Doubtful she knew he'd escape the kidnapping, that was in the pilot and she knew about Oliver being the Arrow around the time of the Undertaking nearly a year later. She may have known Layla worked for ARGUS but had no knowledge of the type of relationship John and Layla had after their divorce (he was reserved about asking her for help) nor if Diggle knew she was working for ARGUS at the time (we found out Diggle knew but to an outsider it's not that obvious to answer). Suggested by Oliver? No. Suggested by ARGUS to have Diggle watch him? Possible but doubtful.

Comment

I think Moira said she'd "known for a while" or some vague thing, I had read elsewhere the theory that "a while" actually meant "since the beginning", and I quite like it... though it DOES put a new spin on when she SHOT the arrow later on, huh? the one that brought felicity in because he needed someone to suture the wound...

Hell, for a more paranoid "ARGUS planned the whole thing"... they're behind a lot of things, like Felicity being in Starling on Oliver's first return...

though it would be waaay too convoluted for an organization that struggles to take down Chien Na Wei.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Mcpherson
        I think Moira said she'd "known for a while" or some vague thing, I had read elsewhere the theory that "a while" actually meant "since the beginning", and I quite like it... though it DOES put a new spin on when she SHOT the arrow later on, huh? the one that brought felicity in because he needed someone to suture the wound...

Hell, for a more paranoid "ARGUS planned the whole thing"... they're behind a lot of things, like Felicity being in Starling on Oliver's first return...

though it would be waaay too convoluted for an organization that struggles to take down Chien Na Wei.
        She said she had known for a while and then followed that up by saying she had known since the night of the undertaking which straight away throws your theory out the window.

Comment

Oliver confronted her the night of the Undertaking. He said someone in this family has to stop it. After learning that Robert survived the accident and shot himself to save Oliver, she figured out that he was the one who had been targeting the list. That's when she figured out he was The Hood. She came clean shortly afterwards and I believe it was because Oliver made her realize that sacrificing half the city for her family was selfish, so she decided to stop acting selfish, just as Oliver had been doing since he had returned. He had been fighting to rid his city of the corruption that his father and his friends had allowed to creep in.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎