Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starman

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes Leanne I figured there was bound to be some angst with this one. I must say I loved the reference to the 'fangs' with Kals smile, and oh yes Kal you definitely belong to Lois! She's a smart cookie too, wonder how long it'll take her to work out just where Kal comes from? Can't wait for more!

Comment

Great chapter. I loved seeing Lois' POV. I can't wait to see how Clark's first day of school is.

Will each chapter of this story have the POV of either Lois or Clark?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	6628479

Lois and Kal fought long and hard to capture the last cart for their shopping spree, but alas, the dynamic duo was bested by one of Walmart's finest.
        Last edited by tua33915; 02-28-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

New storrrrrrry and just like your others...I'm already obessed! *lol* And yessssss...some smut would be GREATLY appreciated. This is Clois after all.

Also, try as she may, but Lana doesn't stand a chance with Kal. Now I noticed one of your readers mentioned some angst (I'm not familiar with Starman), but hopefully, it won't be Lana's doing. Lois and Kal's fathers as reasons for keeping them apart in addition to, Kal's hertiage, but Lana...let's just say, I'm anxious to read your twist on things.

PPMS!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed67
            Oh yes Leanne I figured there was bound to be some angst with this one. I must say I loved the reference to the 'fangs' with Kals smile, and oh yes Kal you definitely belong to Lois! She's a smart cookie too, wonder how long it'll take her to work out just where Kal comes from? Can't wait for more!
            I can't resist those 'fangs'. I like it when someone that good-looking has a minor imperfection because to me that just makes them more beautiful.

Lois is definitely a smart cookie. She's noticing a lot of things that don't add up, so I doubt it will be long before she learns his secrets.

Originally posted by clarkfan325
            Great chapter. I loved seeing Lois' POV. I can't wait to see how Clark's first day of school is.

Will each chapter of this story have the POV of either Lois or Clark?
            Clark's first day will certainly be interesting. As for the POVs, I had planned on just doing Clark and Lois' POV each chapter, but I think I will include other POVs as well, just in the interests of plot.
            Originally posted by tua33915
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16474[/ATTACH]

Lois and Kal fought long and hard to capture the last cart for their shopping spree, but alas, the dynamic duo was bested by one of Walmart's finest.
            You're funny Sherry. I had fun with that scene in Walmart, especially with him picking out clothes she kept vetoing.

Originally posted by TeamClois
            New storrrrrrry and just like your others...I'm already obessed! *lol* And yessssss...some smut would be GREATLY appreciated. This is Clois after all.

Also, try as she may, but Lana doesn't stand a chance with Kal. Now I noticed one of your readers mentioned some angst (I'm not familiar with Starman), but hopefully, it won't be Lana's doing. Lois and Kal's fathers as reasons for keeping them apart in addition to, Kal's hertiage, but Lana...let's just say, I'm anxious to read your twist on things.

PPMS!
            Well, it's kind of a good thing that you haven't seen the movie, so this will be fairly new to you. All I'll say is, it will have something to do with Kal's heritage, but it won't be Kal's father getting in the way.

Lana definitely does not stand a chance. Kal is already smitten with Lois.

Comment

I so agree with you about the fangs Leanne, I'm so devastated that TW had his 'fixed'.

Comment

I so agree with you about the fangs Leanne, I'm so devastated that TW had his 'fixed'.
                Well, he still looks hot, so I'm not complaining.

And with that, here comes the next chapter.

Comment

Chapter Three

Chloe drove Kal back to the Kent farm, keeping up a steady stream of questions. Kal just stared out at the passing scenery offering very little in the way of conversation. Without Lois to cover for him, he just wasn’t sure what to say to the blonde.

Chloe slowed down as she reached the turning to the farm.

“Lois will be okay,” she said.

Kal looked at her. “She will.”

“I mean, I know you’re worried about her, but don’t. She’s got a hard head.”

“Hard head?” he said, puzzled at the term.

“Yeah, you know. She’s tough. Well, okay, it actually means she’s kind of stubborn, but it can mean tough too.”

“Oh. Thank you for explaining it.”

“So, um, will you be at school tomorrow? I mean, Lois said so, but …”

“Yes,” he said, although he still wasn’t sure what ‘school’ was.

Chloe stopped in the driveway. Jonathan came out of the barn, a perplexed frown on his face. Kal got out.

“Don’t forget your stuff,” Chloe said, pointing to the bags in the back of the vehicle.

“Oh. Thank you,” he said.

He stood on the driveway as she turned the vehicle around and left.

“You’re back early,” Jonathan commented.

“Lois had … she hurt herself at the lake,” he replied. Jonathan immediately looked worried.

“Is she all right?”

Kal nodded. “The doctor said she has a concussion.” Whatever that meant, he thought, but it didn’t seem too serious, at least.

“Well, why don’t you go put your stuff away and help Martha,” Jonathan suggested. “She’s out tending to the crops.”

“Yes sir,” he said. He went into the house and quickly put the bags away, before returning outside and taking the path to the field where Jonathan had shown him the crops the night before.

Martha was working on what she explained was the irrigation system. She told him there was a blockage but she had been unable to find it. Kal decided it couldn’t hurt if he used his vision and checked along the irrigation line, quickly locating the blockage. He quickly fixed the problem.

Martha had bent down to clear some unwanted vegetation but looked up at him.

“Who was that in the car with you? Weren’t you with Lois?”

“She hurt herself at the lake. Chloe, uh, her cousin Chloe came with me.”

“Is she all right?”

He nodded. “We took her to …” What was the word? “…um …”

“The hospital?”

Yes, that was it.

“Yes ma’am. The doctor said she was fine. She went back with her father.”

“Oh well, I should give her father a call and make sure she’s all right.”

It was one of the things that had made Kal take an instant liking to the older woman. She clearly cared about people. After all, she had taken him, a stranger, into her home.

He hadn’t meant for this to happen. He’d planned on finding somewhere to live for the duration of his stay, knowing he couldn’t exactly live in the caves; knowing also that he couldn’t actually stay with any humans at the risk of exposing his abilities.

Again it was Lois who had made that choice for him. Lois Lane was certainly a special kind of human who seemed to have the ability to talk people into anything. He grinned to himself. She certainly talked a lot.

“So you have school tomorrow?” she said. “I think Lois mentioned something last night about you attending school.”

“Yes,” he said.

“Well, good. An education is always important.”

She stood up and threw the vegetation she’d pulled out into a large receptacle.

“I need to go and make a start on dinner. Would you walk up and down the rows for me and check the crops?”

He nodded. That he could do. He watched her leave, then walked up and down as she’d asked, checking the crops for general health. At least that was something he was reasonably familiar with.

While he’d been sleeping in the small room Martha had shown him to the night before, he’d realised there were an awful lot of things he needed to learn if he was going to fit in, otherwise he ran the risk of exposing his secret.

He supposed he should have waited a day or two, taken some time to learn the things he’d needed, but he’d been too impatient to see this strange world. Then of course, he’d met Lois within such a short time of coming through the portal, which hadn’t exactly been convenient. She had meant well, but he had felt like an idiot or to use an Earth expression he’d picked up from the other girl, Lana, a fish out of water.

It appeared that his father’s tutoring on Earth customs had been somewhat outdated. He had no idea that it was going to be that difficult to get money from the bank. Even if it was his father’s money. He thought he could have just taken it, but he gathered that was against Earth law.

As he continued to inspect the crop, pulling out what could not be revived, he considered the problem. He would have to go back to the cave tonight, he thought, but not until the older couple were asleep.

He was called in by Martha a short time later.

“Dinner’s almost ready,” she told him. “Wash up and set the table would you? I’m just going to call the army base and check on Lois.”

He nodded and washed his hands before getting out what Lois had told him was silverware, recalling what had been set out the night before. He heard Martha on the phone.

“I’d like to speak to General Lane. I don’t have his number I’m afraid.” There was a pause in which she was clearly listening. “Actually, his daughter had a little bit of an accident today and I just wanted to check on her. Thank you.”

There was another long pause. She leaned on the counter top, the phone to her ear as she waited. Kal glanced at her but said nothing. She smiled back at him, drumming her fingers on the counter surface. Then she brightened.

“General. This is Martha Kent. Our boarder is a friend of your daughter’s. We heard about her accident and I just wanted to see if she was all right.” Another pause. “Oh, you’re welcome, general. Sorry, Sam. I’m very glad to hear that. Will you please tell her we called? Yes, I will certainly tell him.”

She hung up.

“Lois was asleep, but she asked her father to give you a message. She’s going to pick you up tomorrow morning for school.”

“Okay,” he said.

“Lois seems like such a lovely girl,” Martha observed. “She certainly seemed very taken with you.”

He frowned, not sure what Martha meant by ‘taken’, but just nodded and finished setting the table.

Not knowing what else to do after dinner, he sat and watched television with the older couple. There was some kind of news broadcast, focusing on trouble in some place called the Middle East. Kal recalled his father’s lessons on the planet’s geography and remembered the Middle East was well away from America.

The piece was talking about suicide bombings. Kal heard enough to know it was a common occurrence. It saddened him to think that people would go to such extremes.

“Why do they kill each other this way?” he asked.

“Well, most people believe it’s all over religion. Do you know about Muslims?” Martha asked.

He shook his head. Martha explained that there was a movement in the Middle East which believed western culture was corrupt and thought nothing of killing civilians in order to further promote their cause. Yet most Muslims were actually peaceful people.

It reminded him a little of the separatist movement on Krypton, which was still simmering. He understood now why his father had wanted him to come here. If only Earth could learn a little of what they had already suffered on Krypton, he thought, they would be less inclined to fight over such philosophies.

He had no idea what time it was but figured it was late when Jonathan yawned and stretched.

“Well, we’re going to bed. Don’t stay up too late. You have to be up early to help me with the chores and then you have school.”

Kal nodded. “Yes sir.”

He watched as the couple went upstairs, then switched off the television with the little device Jonathan had left on his chair. He listened for a few moments, hearing the couple in the bathroom before they closed the door to their room. He went to the door and opened it quietly, hoping they didn’t hear him as he left the house and sped to the caves.

Kal took a small octagonal disc from his pocket and used it to activate the opening in the cave wall. The panel opened and he stepped through, making sure it closed behind him, before circling the stone table in the centre of the chamber. Holding the disc in his hand, he read the inscriptions, then inserted the disc in the slot.

He was suddenly bathed in a bright light and a voice, rather like that of the Brain Interactive Construct his father had created, spoke in Kryptonian.

“Why are you here, Kal-El?”

“In order to make my way in this world, I must correct a few things. This world is a far different one from that which my father left forty years ago. I need you to access all media to give me the information I require.”

“Very well, Kal-El. It will take a little time to download the information.”

“I do not have long. The humans I am staying with may discover I am not in their domicile and will grow concerned.”

“Then I suggest you come here for one hour every night to complete your training.”

“That is acceptable.”

He explained how he had met Lois, his problem with the bank account and his lack of knowledge of the educational institution. The artificial intelligence accessed the network and created files which Kal could use. The construct also advised him to create a name for himself.

“The humans call me Kal.”

“Then I advise you to use this name. Humans also use what is called a family name,” it said, quickly explaining what that meant.

“The humans I am staying with use the family name of Kent.”

“I believe that would not be appropriate, given the circumstances of your meeting with Lois Lane.”

It suggested a name which Kal was happy with, choosing one which was from the region Lois assumed he was from. As improbable as it sounded, he decided it was the best option to let her continue assuming that. He allowed the construct to download the information he required into his mind, feeling more confident as he returned to the farm, promising he would be back the next evening.

It wouldn’t teach him about humans and their culture, but at least he wouldn’t look like a complete idiot. The last thing he needed was to stand out.

Next morning, he was roused early by Jonathan and went out to help him with the early morning chores. Jonathan began explaining a little more about the farm. They only had about a hundred cows although there used to be more when his father was alive. Times had been pretty tough for farmers, especially in isolated rural areas like Smallville, and with the fertiliser plant being the biggest employer, not many people wanted to work on the farms for lower wages.

Kal noticed the sour expression from the farmer as he talked about the plant and wondered what the reason was. He’d learned enough about the planet’s economic structure to realise that all was not equal and there were some humans far better off than others.

“If the plant pays more …” he began.

“The plant is owned by Luthorcorp. And Lionel Luthor is responsible for everything that’s wrong with this town.”

Kal frowned. “What do you mean?”

“We had a neighbour Jack Guy. Luthor promised to cut him in on a deal. Sent him flashy gifts so he would sell his property. The deal supposedly fell through and he lost everything.”

Kal shook his head. He could understand the farmer’s anger, but it seemed a little unfair to blame this Lionel for another man’s decision. Then again, he realised he wasn’t getting the full story.

They finished the early chores and returned to the house for breakfast. Kal was beginning to enjoy the food, amazed at the selections available and the different flavours. It was a shame they couldn’t do this on Krypton, he thought, but with the land so toxic they couldn’t grow anything outside the crystal cities and there was not enough space to be able to have anything like the farms on this planet.

He went upstairs to shower and dress, marvelling at the way the water steamed in the shower. These people may be primitive, he thought, but there were some pleasures to be had. A shower was definitely one of them.

He thought about the way Lois Lane would look with her hair wet and cascading down her shoulders, water in droplets on her naked body, her lips red and swollen from his kisses. His eyes began to grow hot as he went deeper into the fantasy, arousal causing his skin to flush, the blood gathering in one part of his anatomy.

A knock on the door had him looking up.

“Kal, Lois is here. You need to get a move on, son.”

Kal swallowed hard and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He’d been caught having an erotic fantasy about a human girl. His father had sent him here to learn about Earth culture, not to bed them. Still, Jor-El was hardly one to talk, since he himself had fallen for a human.

He quickly rinsed himself off then turned off the shower and dressed, using a little super-speed, before going to his room to change into some of the new clothes Lois had bought for him. He would have to pay her back, he thought.

He chose the blue t-shirt and jeans, along with a black and white plaid shirt which she’d vetoed, but he’d won anyway. As he dressed, he found himself thinking about the girl. She was unlike any female he had ever met and he’d known a few on Krypton. Since he was the son of a renowned scientist, not to mention an heir to the royal bloodline, the females did their best to attract him. Kal had felt nothing but annoyance at the way the females fawned over him, knowing that the only thing they wanted from him was his bloodline.

Sooner or later, he knew his father would tell him to choose the female he would bond with, but he refused to make that choice. He knew part of the reason for his father’s sending him to Earth was so he would return to Krypton ready to embrace his destiny.

Kal bounded downstairs and smiled at Lois, who was sitting at the table drinking coffee. She smiled back.

“Hi.”

“Hi. How’s your head?” he asked.

“It’s fine. We should get going,” she said, getting to her feet. “We don’t want to be late for the first day.”

He nodded. “You’re right. We should go.”

“Thanks for the coffee Mrs K,” Lois said, picking up her bag and putting the strap on her shoulder.

“You’re welcome Lois. I’m glad you’re all right.”

Kal followed her out, quickly checking her over. She seemed to be fine. Lois turned to look at him.

“You’re doing it again,” she admonished.

“Doing what again?”

“Worrying.”

“Lois, I …”

She opened the door of her car. Chloe must have driven it back to the army base.

“Kal, I promise, I’m fine. No headache, no dizziness.”

He nodded and got in beside her. Lois smiled at him.

“So are you nervous?”

“Nervous?” he asked.

“Your first day.”

“Oh,” he said. “No.”

“I used to, when I was little. I mean, my dad would be reassigned every couple of years or so and that meant we’d all be moving to a new army base and I’d have a whole new school. The kids would look at you like you were from another planet, but you get used to it. I learned a long time ago not to care what people said behind my back because you know, at the end of the day, they’re just jerks who can’t think of anything better to do.”

Kal grinned to himself as she chattered on. He was already liking this part of her. He listened, staring out the window at the scenery, eager to see this educational institution. He was surprised at how big it was, considering what the artificial intelligence had shown him the night before.

There was a slight crunch and a lurch as Lois clearly slammed on the brakes.

“Oops,” she said with a grin.

Kal chuckled. Lois seemed to be a little accident-prone.

“Hey, you made it!”

Lois got out and hugged her cousin. Chloe smiled at Kal as he joined them.

“So, welcome to Smallville High,” she said. Lois made a face and Chloe laughed at her.

“Socially divisive cliques and hall passes aside, this place really isn’t all that bad.”

“Please! It’s like the varsity version of Dante’s seventh ring.”

Kal made a note to get the A.I. to look up those few references later. He had no idea what a ‘clique’ was, or what Lois had meant by the seventh ring, but he was sure the A.I. could help him figure that out later. At least, he thought with a grin, he now knew what a geek was.

Chloe was laughing and rolling her eyes.

“A lot of people would kill to relive their senior year in high school.”

“Yeah? Well, I’m not one of them.” Lois turned and looked at Kal, who was straggling behind. He’d been watching three girls in matching tops and very short skirts out on the field waving some kind of strange round objects around. The skirts were so short he could see their underwear as they pranced about.

“Hey, farmboy, get those eyes back in your head and keep up.”

Farmboy? he thought, arching an eyebrow at her.

Lois just scoffed at him.

“Ugh, what is it with men and cheerleaders? I swear, one look at a short skirt and it’s like nothing else exists.”

He frowned at her. He had no idea what a ‘cheerleader’ was but that hadn’t been why he was staring at all. In truth, he thought their strange ritual to be a little silly. The girls themselves were certainly not as attractive as Lois.

Chloe began chattering once again about school, trying to convince Lois to work with her on … a Torch? Kal sighed. The A.I. could teach him a lot of things, but it couldn’t teach him the oddities of Earth languages. This was going to be a lot tougher than he thought.

Lois grasped his arm, pushing him in the opposite direction to her cousin.

“Where are we …”

“We have to get our class schedules, idiot. We’ll see you later, Chlo,” she called back.

“Sure. Don’t get lost.”

Lois’ grip on his arm would have hurt, if he had been human.

“Are you upset with me?” he asked.

She snorted. “Me? Upset? What would I have to be upset about? Except for the fact that you were making eyes at the pom-pom brigade.”

“I don’t …”

“Seriously, do they have a shortage of women where you come from? Because it’s like you haven’t seen pretty girls before.”

They had a plethora of beautiful women on his planet, but not one of them held his attention like the beautiful young woman standing before him. Even if she did talk almost non-stop and was bossy and …

Lois huffed noisily and pushed him in front of her. Kal couldn’t help but notice the young men in the hallway staring at them. Or rather, staring at Lois. It seemed like he wasn’t the only male who was attracted.

He suppressed the urge to move closer to her and block their gaze. He had a feeling she would not welcome such a move.

“Well, here we are,” Lois said. She approached the desk. “Lois Lane. I just started here today. I need to pick up my class schedule.”

The older woman made a sour face, but turned and typed something on a keyboard. Kal knew from his studies that she was using a computer. Earth technology was at least a thousand years behind Krypton.

“Lane, Lane. Here ya are. One moment please.”

She turned away and Kal observed her enter another room, coming back out about a minute later with a slip of paper, handing it to Lois. She glared at Kal.

“And you?”

“Kal … Novak,” he said, using the name he’d chosen the night before. He kept his gaze steady, hoping the A.I. had done its job and his name was on the system. The woman turned back to the computer and nodded, then returned to the other room, bringing back his schedule.

They each still had some paperwork to fill out, the woman explained, but that could wait until they had a free period.

“You two better get to class,” she said.

Kal followed Lois out, reading his schedule.

“So, what did you get? AP English, American History, Biology. Hey, looks like we got most of the same classes,” she said.

Kal had instructed the A.I. to access Lois’ records as well, thinking it would be easier for him if he and Lois were together. He knew she’d noticed a few oddities, but so far, apart from the clothes, she hadn’t mentioned it. He had the feeling that she understood what it was like to be in a strange place.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
                    Well, he still looks hot, so I'm not complaining.

And with that, here comes the next chapter.
                    Oh yes I totally agree there! Now onto the story!! Well Kal sure is falling quick for Miss Lane huh? I just love his confusion over the language too, so fun while he tries to work out what it all means. Now I can't wait to have more Kal And Lois interaction to see what other little quirks Lois picks up on.

Comment

Leanne, I want more jealousy! Cheerleaders hitting on Kal; Football players hitting on Lois; And, of course, the green-eyed monster reactions of both. Give me b!tch slapping and cock blocking with Nick Jonas singing in the background.

Comment

Leanne, it's entertaining to see Kal... Novak, adjusting to life on Earth. Of course, his time with Lois is what I'm most excited about especially, when it comes to him practicing some body language with Miss Lane.

Comment

Leanne, I want more jealousy! Cheerleaders hitting on Kal; Football players hitting on Lois; And, of course, the green-eyed monster reactions of both. Give me b!tch slapping and cock blocking with Nick Jonas singing in the background.
                          Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

Comment

Love Kal as a 'fish out of water.'

Enjoying the irony of Kal having so much to learn about a society that is so far behind his home planet that they are 'still' using computers.

Looking forward to more!

Comment

Great chapter. I enjoyed Kal's first day of school and can't wait for him to learn more about Earth.

Comment

Oh yes I totally agree there! Now onto the story!! Well Kal sure is falling quick for Miss Lane huh? I just love his confusion over the language too, so fun while he tries to work out what it all means. Now I can't wait to have more Kal And Lois interaction to see what other little quirks Lois picks up on.
                                Kal is definitely falling quickly. I'm having fun with Kal's confusion. Lois is going to pick up more clues eventually.
                                Ha ha, I have no doubt that it'll be more than cheerleaders hitting on Kal, that's for sure. That green-eyed monster's sure going to be busy.
                                Originally posted by TeamClois
                                Leanne, it's entertaining to see Kal... Novak, adjusting to life on Earth. Of course, his time with Lois is what I'm most excited about especially, when it comes to him practicing some body language with Miss Lane.
                                It's certainly a lot of fun exploring it through Kal's new eyes. As for the body language ...
                                Originally posted by Mari2Anne
                                Love Kal as a 'fish out of water.'

Enjoying the irony of Kal having so much to learn about a society that is so far behind his home planet that they are 'still' using computers.

Looking forward to more!

Even if he cheats a little bit with the A.I There'll be more soon.

Originally posted by clarkfan325
                                Great chapter. I enjoyed Kal's first day of school and can't wait for him to learn more about Earth.
                                Thank you. He certainly has a lot to learn. This'll be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎