No announcement yet.

Gotham/Flash/Arrow cross over?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotham/Flash/Arrow cross over?

Does anyone know how or if there is talks of a cross over in the three DC comics currently on tv? I know they are not running in the same "time frame"; by that I mean Flash and Green arrow are current but, Gotham is pre-Batman, so past.
    But, this does not mean a cross over. The Flash is doing a time travel and Green arrow/Queen Industries could have similar connections to Wayne Enterprises. I know there is some talk. Anybody got something good and new?

I really wish people would quit making the claim that Gotham is set in the past because it's not.

Having said that, the answer to the question about crossovers between it and other DCTV series (such as Arrow and Flash) is an emphatic "No."

Comment

Gotham and the Flarrow universe are seperate, same goes with constantine.
      I highly doubt that there will be a cross-over for the simple fact scheduling it between 2 networks and the actors would be an absolute nightmare. Not to mention that neither Arrow or Flash would fit in with the current dynamic of Gotham.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
        I really wish people would quit making the claim that Gotham is set in the past because it's not.

Having said that, the answer to the question about crossovers between it and other DCTV series (such as Arrow and Flash) is an emphatic "No."
        I'm glad they aren't crossing over. I like the mood of Gotham so much better than Arrow and especially The Flash. I get why people think that Gotham is set in the "past." But for the most part, none of these shows really have a date stamped on them. Gotham is only in the past if you try to consider it part of the more recent Batman movies. But I like that they keep the year vague. It allows the writers to get creative with the props, the gadgets, and what the city looks like. It's pure fiction. That's what I love about Gotham. It really delivers the best fictional universe in terms of the comic-book oriented shows airing right now, at least in my opinion. I think you just have to enjoy the ride. It's fun to talk about the what-ifs and potential crossovers. But I think it's best to let the writers do what they do best: tell us a story completely unconnected and free from the confines of what we have come to think of the subject, even if it's something as common as Batman. Gotham is a unique story and I hope it stays that way.

Not to mention Fox is in direct competition with the CW's parent companies. There is no way that Fox is going to parter with CBS and Warner Brothers.

Comment

The writers of Gotham may not have given it an official 'year stamp' because they're trying to maximize its Noir aesthetic, but we know it's set in the present thanks to a statement from star Ben McKenzie.

As far as Arrow and Flash go, both series are operating pretty much in real time, meaning that they're in early 2015 now and it's been about 14 months since the Particle Accelerator explosion and about 2 years since Oliver was rescued from Lian Yu.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
            The writers of Gotham may not have given it an official 'year stamp' because they're trying to maximize its Noir aesthetic, but we know it's set in the present thanks to a statement from star Ben McKenzie.

As far as Arrow and Flash go, both series are operating pretty much in real time, meaning that they're in early 2015 now and it's been about 14 months since the Particle Accelerator explosion and about 2 years since Oliver was rescued from Lian Yu.
            Noir, that's the word I was looking for. I love it.

Comment

Gotham is its own universe (and long may it stay this way)

I think any attempt to try to reconcile Gotham's timeline with that of Arrow and Flash -- both of which are running concurrently timeline-wise -- just wouldn't work. Gotham is working off its own continuity so what is considered the past or future in their world doesn't have to align with the Arrow/Flash universe.

Gotham's DNA is just too different from its CW cousins -- stylistically, its format, etc. If Gotham were the same, Jim and Barbara's "broken love" subplot would be front and centre and occupy 2/3rds of the show's attention:

Jim: Why can't you trust me?

Barbara: Because you're lying to me!

Jim: No, I'm keeping secrets. There's a difference.

Barbara: There's no difference! Wanna know why? They're both breaking my heart!!! (What the heck, I'll throw in a slammed door and a timely text message from Lee: "How r u? Meet 4 coffee 2nite?" Booyah: we got a love triangle )

Yeah, I'm fine with Gotham occupying its own universe, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                Gotham is its own universe (and long may it stay this way)

I think any attempt to try to reconcile Gotham's timeline with that of Arrow and Flash -- both of which are running concurrently timeline-wise -- just wouldn't work. Gotham is working off its own continuity so what is considered the past or future in their world doesn't have to align with the Arrow/Flash universe.

Gotham's DNA is just too different from its CW cousins -- stylistically, its format, etc. If Gotham were the same, Jim and Barbara's "broken love" subplot would be front and centre and occupy 2/3rds of the show's attention:

Jim: Why can't you trust me?

Barbara: Because you're lying to me!

Jim: No, I'm keeping secrets. There's a difference.

Barbara: There's no difference! Wanna know why? They're both breaking my heart!!! (What the heck, I'll throw in a slammed door and a timely text message from Lee: "How r u? Meet 4 coffee 2nite?" Booyah: we got a love triangle )

Yeah, I'm fine with Gotham occupying its own universe, thanks.
                BWAHAHAHA! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎