X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Arrow and Speedy Show

Lian Yu
    "Is that..."

"Yes."

On the top of the cliff face, looking out across the bay into the open ocean, the pair of hooded figures were frozen for a moment.

The Taller, bulkier figure, wore a very tattered green hood, his unkempt beard spilling out of it, with hints of very long straggly hair poking out the sides, and his face was very dirty. His hands had severe callouses, as did his bare feet. Aside from the hood, which barely covered his torso, under that he wore an even worse pair of pants and shirt that had long since turned dark grey from it's original white.

The Smaller figure, much smaller, wore a dark purple hood, that while not as bad, was still tattered and frayed. while much smaller, she somehow showed more skin, her own pants being shorts, and her shirt sleeves ripped near the shoulders, unevenly, one slightly longer, revealing burns and cuts along her arms.

Neither were armed... though that soon changed, with both setting off at a dead run along the cliffs, toward the cache where they had left their stuff. The smaller was faster, and reached them sooner and only the lowly spoken word of "Race" when they had set off hinting at the competitiveness of the two.

With smooth motions, the Purple-hooded figure grabbed, poised and pullled back on a bow, an arrow with a wad of flaming cloth on the end, aimed toward a beach... and she let it fly.

The taller peeked over the edge as he arrived, and saw the path... "You missed."

"Did I?" The smaller asked... then the fire started with a boom.

"I guess not."

-

Starling City
    October, 2012

"Oliver and Thea Queen are Alive..."

Laurel looked up from her paperwork at hearing that declaration on the news.

"-And we can finally confirm, that Robert Queen, and local Sarah Lance died onboard the Queen's Gambit. Sarah Lance is survived by her father, Quenten, and a sister, Laurel-"

-

Moira gasped as she saw her son's back, watching him look out the window, as the doctor gave her his report.

"Twenty percent of his body is covered in scar tissue. Severe burns on his back and arms, strange scarring all over his body... Our scans show that he has suffered several broken bones that never healed properly."

"Has he said anything?"

"Not a word."

She moved on to the next room, where she found her daughter mirroring Oliver, looking out of the window at the city, although Thea wore a robe.

"And Thea?"

"Thirty percent of her body is covered, and while it sounds worse, she's actually better off than Oliver. No burns, mostly cuts and abrasions that scarred, but we did find evidence of multiple bone fractures and breaks... some of which, given their environment, should not have healed prop-"

"Anything else I should be aware of?" Moira asked quickly.

-

Oliver and Thea shared a smile as they arrived at the mansion, and only quick work on Thea's part stopped their hired help from picking up their luggage.

"We've got that," Thea spoke, her voice cracky, as she handed Oliver's wooden case to him, keeping hold of her own.

Entering the house, the pair shared hesitant smiles with Moira, and Walter. Oliver looked at him confused, and so Thea spoke, "Uh, Walter, right? I'm guessing you've been here for me mom..."

He smiled, though there was a flash of something in his eyes, along with Moira's.

"Oliver, Thea, it's good to have you both back home." Walter spoke, "I'm sure that you'll both.... settle... in..." he trailed off, as Oliver turned his attention away to the chief housekeeper, Rosa.

"Hello Rosa." He spoke, and his smile could be heard as he hugged the woman.

"Oliver..." She grinned, her voice betraying her russian heritage, "It is good to have you back."

-

Thea couldn't help looking between her brother, her mother, and Walter... although her glances did turn to the latter's hands at points... and almost choked in laughter to hear oliver's comment, "I didn't realise you were sleeping with my mother." She had to interrupt... lest she start to giggle at the awkwardness of the situation coming from Mom and, Walter.

"Come on, Ollie, don't tell me you didn't spot it."

"Spot what?"

"... The rings... God, you're so oblivious."

Oliver blinked and grinned a little, "And how long did it take you to spot them?"

"Please, I saw Mom's at the hospital, and I do know that it was not the one Dad got her."

Oliver was thoughtful, but observant as Rosa tripped on the way passed him, and he stopped her fall, and spoke a bit in russian.

Rosa's answer, and Oliver's flirty come-back prompted Thea to snort and spill her drink, and unthinkingly, spoke in turn, again in russian, "I so did not need to hear that, brother."

Silence.

"You know Russian?" Moira spoke up.

****, she thought.

-

And that is me done... for now.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡