Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NightHawk777
    I forgot to mention this in my earlier post. This bugs me in that not even a hint was dropped as to how Ollie survived the fall from the mountain. They probably will address it in a future episode, but this was a huge shocker for the mid season finale.
    He didn't survive. Maseo even told him that Tatsu was brought in to bring him back from the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
      He didn't survive. Maseo even told him that Tatsu was brought in to bring him back from the dead.
      But HOW did she bring him back? Did she perform surgery? It would seem to be a medical rescue seeing how she's feeding him penicilin tea, or was magic involved? Lazarus Pit? Mirakuru? Occult ritual? What brought Oliver back for the dead, we have no answer making the whole "the Climb" cliffhanger fall flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
        I love the comments about Oliver's hair on here in the flashbacks. They really make me laugh.

I think the problem with Oliver's hair is a continuity issue. In the series premier he had a LOT of hair just before he was picked up by the boat crew. I don't think that amount of growth could occur in the two years from now in the flashbacks if he were to get a haircut.

On another note, I agree that this season has been a lot less coherent than previous seasons.
        Don't you mean Co-Hair-ant?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
          But HOW did she bring him back? Did she perform surgery? It would seem to be a medical rescue seeing how she's feeding him penicilin tea, or was magic involved? Lazarus Pit? Mirakuru? Occult ritual? What brought Oliver back for the dead, we have no answer making the whole "the Climb" cliffhanger fall flat.
          This is why i'm thinking we haven't heard the last of this issue. I know they said Tatsu brought him back to life, but Tatsu said Maseo saved him so i'm not sure whats going on here. But something is going on, and I hope they can tell us, or drop a clue here and there?

Comment

It was really great seeing Caity Lotz back for a brief appearance this week. She was used well to help move Laurel's plot forward.

I also love that Thea now knows that Oliver is the Arrow. Her reaction was much more pleasant than the way I thought she would have reacted. I'm glad that she didn't hold any ill will against Oliver, though. I'm enjoying Thea a lot more this season than I did last season.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777
              Don't you mean Co-Hair-ant?
              Nice one .

Comment

I'm guessing that we may learn more by season's end(?) about how exactly Tatsu and/or Maseo brought Ollie back to life -- and it's gotta be more than herbal teas and penicillin. I'm half expecting a late-inning reveal that Maseo gave him a Lazarus Pit dip and kept it a secret because of its risky side-effects (which would explain some of Ollie's erratic, killing-is-cool-again reactions, alliance of convenience with Malcolm etc.) If it really is just tea and medicine, it'll be hard to swallow as an explanation. There has to be more to it that this. Ra's Al Ghul left him for dead -- and all it takes is a pit stop at Walgreens to bring him back? Nope.

Ollie's Hair, on the other hand, would have totally schooled Ra's and destroyed the League. Hands down. It could take on Captain Cold, Grodd over at Flash for practice ... and bring down Falcone, Fish AND the Penguin over at Gotham before it ends its day casually breaking the salmon ladder record for hair pieces. That thing is a total beast.

Comment

Busy week, couldn't watch the episode until today.

It was freaking awesome, I'd missed this kind of episodes, it had good action sequences, character development, and the plot moved forward, but it didn't feel rushed, it had a nice pace.

So happy Oliver decided to tell Thea, it was about time she knew, and her reaction made sense to me, yes, Thea hates lies, but she has changed a lot since season 2, remember that she didn't tell anyone abot her relationship with Malcom and her training, and that Oliver didn't wait for her to find out, he took action and told her. I'm just so happy the Queen siblings are in a good place and trusting each other, the lies were huting both of them, and it has created some distance between Thea and Malcom, which was necessary. Because Malcom is the worst.

Laurel finally confronted her demons and realized she couldn't become a vigilante for Sara, she had to do it for herself, on her own terms. The fights between the Canaries were great, although I'm getting tired of Vertigo being used to give the characters perspective and help them deal with their issues. Team Arrow should recruit a psychologist. And maybe look into buying protective gear when they go against Count Vertigo, to avoid those annoying needles filled with drug they seem unable to dodge.

Oliver finally realized he can't control everything and that his crusade is no longer his, he got other people involved and that changes things. About time. Is a great way to give the other characters their own agenda instead of just following Oliver, hope the writers keep this change, specially because Roy needs it, so far he has been just a sidekick and had a severe case of no-personality. And I like the Roy we are getting lately.

And maybe that way Diggle will get something to do besides being Oliver's counselor, I know he decided to not go out in the field unless is completely necessary because of his daughter, but I don't know, you still can give him something to do, he was a soldier, maybe have him help the team design strategies and that kind of thing. Diggle deserves some love, Arrow writers.

Even the flashbacks are getting interesting. Ollie is in Starling once again. That can be really good.

And last, but not least, A**H*** DJ IS DEAD, HE IS DEAD AND WE NO LONGER HAVE TO SUFFER HIS ANNOYING PRESENCE, BECAUSE HE IS DEAD!!

Comment

Originally posted by screamthepoetry
                    Alright here was everything i enjoyed and disliked about this episode:
                    #3. Thea being a straight up hoe. As soon as i had a glimmer of hope that Roy and Thea were rekindling something, she goes and clearly sleeps with the douchebag DJ almost immediately following her conversation with Roy, and after Oliver revealed himself she seemed so happy and proud of her brother for being such a hero, but yet she still drops her feelings for Roy who she claimed to love for doing the exact same thing her brother does??? why not show him some appreciation for risking his life and understand that he lied the same way oliver did and that he is a hero who she can still continue to love.
                    Seriously? Thea is single, she doesn't own Roy anything, she made it very clear they were done and just because he still cares about her it doesn't mean she has to feel the same. Yes, she slept with scumbag DJ to disconnect from the tension in the arrow cave, probably to feel like her life is somewhat normal for a while, that doesn't make her a "hoe" and sorry if Roy felt hurt when he saw her with Chase, but that is not Thea's fault.

Also, she has evolved since the end of season 2, she is not the same character and, remember, Oliver told her his secret, Roy lied to her and she found out, is not the same thing.

ETA: I forgot to mention Felicity. She was barely in the episode, and IMO that is a good thing, since she became the official love interest she has gone from a fun and light character to a source for melodrama, and is getting annoying. I hate the way the CW handles the main romantic storylines, is always the same, and it sucks. I feel like the whole "we write Arrow as a soap-opera" mainly applies to the main romantic plot, and is painful to watch. Female characters in Arrow are way better when there relationship with Oliver is completely platonic. By the way, this has nothing to do with Felicity herself, just with the way they have treated her relationship with Oliver.
                    Last edited by dark sister; 02-15-2015, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
                      Yeah Lazarus Pit would have made any sense.

And there is no way Ra's is going to believe Ollie had survived all that without someone helping him.

Anyway I give this episode a 10. If not just for the fact Quentin didn't collapse and die in Laurel's arms after she told him the truth about Sara.

Comment

This is probably my favorite episode since Sara.

Positives:
                        This is the first time Roy has felt like Roy all season. I think he has been too much of a lackey lately and I was happy to see some of his fire back.
                        The stuff between Oliver and Thea is really sweet and I'm glad they're finally getting more screen time together.
                        I am in love with Caity Lotz so it is always great to see her. Additionally, I felt Laurel's second dose of Vertigo in which she hallucinates about Sara and Captain Lance was very haunting.
                        Paul Blackthorne is amazing at the end.

Negatives:
                        I hate everything to do with Malcolm. Everything about the plot involving him is incredibly complicated and weird and I do not understand why Team Arrow is not trying to take him down or, at the very least, get Thea away from him. I do not buy that between Merlyn and the League, the former is the lesser of two evils. I am 100% with Felicity when she argues that working with Malcolm is a bad idea; he killed over 500 people including his son and then forced Thea to kill Sara. And the League wants him dead for both of those reasons. And Oliver apparently does whatever Malcolm tells him to even though Ollie should probably be trying to kill him.
                        I wish Felicity made more of a logical argument against working with Malcolm as opposed to just being sarcastic.
                        Hallucination-Sara has a line in the Arrow Cave which sums up a big problem with this season for me. She essentially says that she didn't have to die for this and I agree with that. I think Sara's death was just a bad plot device to pad out episodes with red herrings because the writers did not want the big fight with Ra's until the midseason cliffhanger and I'm not sure they knew what to do until they got to that point. I think Laurel's rise to heroism would have been more interesting if it had come from a good place instead of death. Why couldn't Laurel just have been inspired by what Sara did at the end of season 2 and through that, we could have a story arc in which Laurel is trying too hard to be Sara? Why can't we just establish a League law that states anyone that betrays the League is to be killed as well as their next of kin. That seems more simplistic than Malcolm's non-sense plan and actually puts Thea in danger.
                        I do not buy the premise of the flashbacks so I have a hard time enjoying them at all. It was also disappointing because I assumed we would do some flashbacks with Sara.

I really did like the episode because of the stuff with the Canaries and the characters felt a bit more like themselves than they have in a while but the stuff with Malcolm is killing this entire season for me.

Comment

If Sara didn't die there would be no need for Laurel to become Canary

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
                            If Sara didn't die there would be no need for Laurel to become Canary
                            Fair enough and most of my complaint has to do with the reveal of Malcolm's plan and how dumb I think it is. Sara's death has put Laurel on an interesting path and I am curious to see how Captain Lance deals with it. But it also made Laurel very unsympathetic when she lied to her father for months and I still think there was a way to lead Laurel to becoming Black Canary without Sara's death; Sara wasn't exactly being a hero. Who says there can't be two Canaries?

Comment

I think part of the reason that people are feeling discontent with this season is that the audience has been kept more in the dark than in any other season of Arrow. In Season 1, we knew that Malcolm and Moira were working together on the Undertaking ( we didn't know what it was...) but we knew that they had a plot to do something dark and terrible. We watched Team Arrow find out- and then the other reveals happened at a good pace. Again in Season 2- we knew that Sebastian was Brother Blood, we knew he was working with Slade- we knew what Oliver and co. were up against before he did- so the other surprises and reveals fit in with it. This season- the audience has been kept out of the "master plan". I think this is why some ppl may feel like there is no direction, or that things don't make sense to them. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt to wrap things up .

About this episode specifically- I loved the moments with Thea and Oliver. Her reaction was great.

Comment

To all the sv alumni, I hope and imagine that tonight's episode is as revealing as Lois and Clark's trip to the kryptonite water drinking village. The car ride up prior to blowing a tire has Clark answering lois' questions. I want Speedy to get Ollie to open up. It'll be quite cathartic for both of them as well as me. 😉😎

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎