View Poll Results: Would you watch a Firestorm spinoff?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 60.00%
  • No.

0 0%
  • Only if Brandon Routh's Atom joined in.

3 20.00%
  • I'm really not sure, sorry!

3 20.00%
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Firestorm Spinoff? Would you watch?

Well. Would you?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Yes because I plan to watch all the DC Comics shows.

I like everything DC is doing in terms of TV series.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    I think they need to focus on what they have now before they take on yet another DC comic character. It will feel way too saturated, not that it's already feeling like it is.

I think it would be really hard to spin off. Does not seem like there is a whole lot to the character and any fight he is in he seems way to over powered.

I would probably watch just so that I could talk about it, but nothing they've done with Firestorm to this point, with the exception of the last scene from "The Nuclear Man" has been particularly interesting to me.

Similar to Halberdier17, I'd watch any DC comics (or any comic book show) if it came on TV. It's getting hard with all the shows on now but I'll make it work.

I support DC in all it's visual forms (I don't buy comics anymore).

So Yes, but I'm still not seeing the "transmutation" aspect of his powers so it might lose me quickly.

Forum Regular
    I'd watch for Victor Garber. However, I don't think too many of firestorm's rogues would translate over to the big screen too well.

Yes, I would watch, of course.

However, would I would definitely prefer for them to do is to create limited series runs to air during the winter hiatuses of Flash and Arrow. These series could focus on one element of the Arrowverse and the entire 8 or so episode run could focus on one tightly-written storyline. Plus, there are so many different characters they could focus on: Firestorm, Atom, Wildcat, Suicide Squad, League of Assassins, etc. This would also be a great way to gauge viewer interest in potential long-run, stand alone shows.

Posting Pro
    I'd watch it if it was to happen as I'm watching all DC things and enjoying the majority of them. Though I would prefer it if they did it at a different time period then Flash and Arrow, maybe make it as a mini-series between the season breaks each year. Granted that would probably make cross-overs a bit harder as everyone of Flash and Arrow would be on break, but I think it would give it a better shot at ratings as well as not making it seem like DC was flooding the market even more.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sozzeled View Post
    I think it would be really hard to spin off. Does not seem like there is a whole lot to the character and any fight he is in he seems way to over powered.
    And an invulnerable Krptonian who is to all extents and purposes (on Earth) Godlike, isn't OP ?
    Or a guy who can run so fast that he can time travel and change the past, isn't OP ?

Yeah, I'd watch, I can still remember buying DC Comics Presents 17 iirc with Firestorm as the guest star, at my local newsagents which is iirc when Supes revealed his id to Firestorm after granting him JLA membership.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkyBoy14 View Post
    Yes, I would watch, of course.

However, would I would definitely prefer for them to do is to create limited series runs to air during the winter hiatuses of Flash and Arrow. These series could focus on one element of the Arrowverse and the entire 8 or so episode run could focus on one tightly-written storyline. Plus, there are so many different characters they could focus on: Firestorm, Atom, Wildcat, Suicide Squad, League of Assassins, etc. This would also be a great way to gauge viewer interest in potential long-run, stand alone shows.
    This is what I want to see too. Limited run series during the winter break (and maybe even summer break?) would be perfection. but I think full seasons might stretch the creative teams too thin.

Yes, but limit it to 13 episodes a season and run it in the summer in Flash's timeslot. Do the same thing with Atom, and run it in Arrow's timeslot. This way, we get the Arrowverse year-round.