Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Nuclear Man?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lack of references to the one true Nuclear Man saddens me.

Comment

Wasn't that second date actually their third date? I seem to recall them having a lunch date at the end of last week's episode. It would have been nice had Linda recognized Barry's uncomfortableness instead of continuing to force herself on him - nicer still had he been able to say something about it. Whatever. The relationship itself is cute, I guess, but scenes like that aren't really for me.

I was waiting for Eddie to be revealed as one of the two speedsters. It would have been completely out of the blue, but I think that would create an interesting dynamic/mystery. Of course, they'd probably just use that to fuel Eddie/Iris drama.

Iris obviously said a bit too much to Linda, but I feel like the show made her look way worse than she actually was. I also don't know where this jealousy is coming from. They're trying to make her look bad.

After Caitlin's insistence last week that she's moving on, it felt a bit strange to see her get serious with Wells about saving him. That's probably because we never saw the scene where Cisco told everyone about Ronnie and Stein melding. Some things don't need to happen offscreen.

Is that a prostitute living in Barry's old house? That was honestly my first impression (which I thought was going to be the joke). It was funny, though. The only thing missing was a Carl's Jr. burger.

Cisco had some good lines, but the funniest thing to me was the wife's favorite color. "You could never decide, so you chose striped." That's what I heard, at least, and I laughed.

I thought Amell did a pretty good job. I think he might be better than his cousin.

Cool way to end the episode. This is the second metahuman that has had to explode thirty miles away from the city, and Eiling is here once again to take notice. I look forward to seeing him. He also might bring in some Grodd development since he was involved with that back in the day.

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
      Cisco's dopey science - It's Star Trek nonsense what Cisco did in that holo-recreation, but it's even weirder that there would be blood on that wall behind the wallpaper. First off, whoever put up the wallpaper would have cleaned the wall first. Secondly, wouldn't the blood sample be contaminated with the glue that puts up the wallpaper (and the soap no one used to try and clean it)? Third, the police would have seen that blood during the original investigation and they absolutely would have tested it, presuming they had the technology to do so. This would not be a new discovery. This is a fan-fic investigation.
      My thoughts exactly. It felt like the Gotham writers wrote that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
        Now wait - if the second blood sample was "unknown", that absolutely clears Wells? Given his circumstances, might it be possible that Wells' blood is not on record ?

Right and wrong. Head over to my thread in the speculation section.

The 2nd sample was unknown, but, it DOESN'T clear Wells, because the OTHER blood sample was from Wells, Wells and Barry are one and the same.

Right now, Barry is in his mid 20's at most, probably early 20's is a better estimation, he's in a sense, only just become an adult. I think he's too young for the adult blood to be his. The blood is Wells'.

Also, think about it, Barry hasn't even time travelled yet, how's he going to go back to the exact night his mom died, he just hasn't got the tt experience to do that yet esp in the 1st season. But if Wells is the future Barry, he probably DOES have the tt experience to pick an exact moment.

That's why he's also got the ring. The ring isn't a duplicate, it's the real deal.

Comment

Barry has already said he is 25

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
            Barry has already said he is 25
            Yeah he is the same age as Grant Gustin.

Comment

I'm a bit late to the party but I wanted to share my thoughts on this episode as well.

So did anyone else think that Wells little speech about home seem to indicate something deeper? I'm getting the sense (maybe it's just me?) that Wells might be trying to re-up his speed force so that he can break the time barrier and return Back to the Future, where he belongs. It would be a bit of a 'save' for Wells, if it turned out to be true (make him less of a straight up evil dude, I mean).

Cisco being MIA during the whole Firestorm thing. Okay, I get it, he's helping Joe out. But does the decades old investigation of Nora's murder really supercede Ronnie/Martin's possible blowing up? I just found it odd that halfway through they didn't even call Cisco and bring him back to the lab? Maybe that's just me (again). And what about when Barry finds out they were investigating without him? Will he be angry? Grateful?

The Linda and Iris and romance story. I just...don't care that much? And Linda seemed like the one who was moving 'fast', this episode. And once again, Iris seemed jealous when Barry got back into Linda's good graces. Make up your mind already, Iris!

Joe speaking to Ciso about his suspicions about Wells. Cisco's reaction was great to see but then he seemed to be watching Wells closely after that, which made me happy. Then the reveal on the blood samples and the confirmation of what many of us suspected--Barry was there as an adult when Nora died. Now the question is, who was the other RF and did that RF kill Nora or are we looking at a Spider-man/Gwen type situation? (I believe in one of the comics, possibly pre-new52, they seemed to indicate that Barry actually accidentally killed his mother while trying to stop RF from killing her? But I'm not sure. Anyone know?)

Oh yes, and the whole Ronnie/Martin thing. I liked it but not as much as I thought I would, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                So did anyone else think that Wells little speech about home seem to indicate something deeper? I'm getting the sense (maybe it's just me?) that Wells might be trying to re-up his speed force so that he can break the time barrier and return Back to the Future, where he belongs. It would be a bit of a 'save' for Wells, if it turned out to be true (make him less of a straight up evil dude, I mean).
                I got the impression that he was referring to his dead gf (wife?) eluded to in a previous episode. I don't think it's just about returning to the future for him.

Cisco being MIA during the whole Firestorm thing. Okay, I get it, he's helping Joe out. But does the decades old investigation of Nora's murder really supercede Ronnie/Martin's possible blowing up? I just found it odd that halfway through they didn't even call Cisco and bring him back to the lab?
                Good catch. It did cross my mind as well, though I didn't mention it in my rambling.

The Linda and Iris and romance story. I just...don't care that much? And Linda seemed like the one who was moving 'fast', this episode. And once again, Iris seemed jealous when Barry got back into Linda's good graces. Make up your mind already, Iris!
                Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                  I got the impression that he was referring to his dead gf (wife?) eluded to in a previous episode. I don't think it's just about returning to the future for him.
                  Hmmm, that could be it. I keep forgetting about the dead girlfriend/wife.

Good catch.
                  Thanks, BG!

Comment

I gave this episode a 9. We learn more about Firestorm, and it was the first part of a 2 parter.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎