2 5.41%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - More like a Downfall.

1 2.70%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Forum Regular
    so whats gonna happen to Sin then? i heard that she is going to another tv show so their gonna find a way to kick her off...

New In Town
    I enjoyed it. I couldn't understand Diggle not being out in the field, but love that Sin/Cyn is back. I have always liked Roy, but loving him even more. I loved the Malcolm flashbacks too as they gave us a taste of his humanity. I felt for him quite a lot.

I agree with both Oliver and Felicity. For Oliver, this is about dealing with the bigger or more dangerous enemy first and if the only person who can train him is Malcolm, he will rather dine with the devil to save Thea. He cannot hand Malcolm over to the League of Assassins, because it will involve Thea at some point. He will do anything to protect his sister.

For Felicity, it makes sense that it is difficult for her to understand Oliver's reasoning right away. This man used his daughter to kill a woman who was their friend and who Oliver loved. Doesn't he care anymore about that? Doesn't it matter to him anymore? Is this what love is to him? I totally see where she is coming from too.

I love how human they both are in this and how each one neither totally right nor wrong.

Laurel isn't as irritating as she used to be. I don't like her, but do not hate her anymore.

I didn't like how Malcolm got the news of his wife's death through the police when earlier episodes suggested he listened to her voicemail unless of course he only listened after he got the news which also makes sense.

I wish Detective Lance didn't know who that red hood is Roy.

I don't believe anything we've been told so far. I think everything we've seen in season 3 is a big set up for a massive plot twist that will finally make sense out of this mess. We're supposed to believe Malcolm comes up with a stupid scheme to kill Sara to get off the hook with Ra's. Malcolm is not that stupid. We're supposed to believe Malcolm would take a foolish risk with Thea's life? No, none of this sounds like Malcolm. You know who it sounds like, Ra's. Ra's is a masterminded and tactician, how hard would it be for Ra's to arrange for Malcolm to use Thea to kill Sara. Why would he want Sara dead? Ra's has always wanted an heir, with Sara around he was never going to get an heir. By using Malcolm to remove Sara, Ra's can remain blameless to nissa. By using Thea, Ra's insurers Oliver will fight him thus giving him a chance to judge a possible suitor for his daughter. Not only does this sound like Ra's, it's almost exactly like the storyline of "Birth of the Demon" the first story to feature Ra's.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    I don't believe anything we've been told so far. I think everything we've seen in season 3 is a big set up for a massive plot twist that will finally make sense out of this mess. We're supposed to believe Malcolm comes up with a stupid scheme to kill Sara to get off the hook with Ra's. Malcolm is not that stupid. We're supposed to believe Malcolm would take a foolish risk with Thea's life? No, none of this sounds like Malcolm. You know who it sounds like, Ra's. Ra's is a masterminded and tactician, how hard would it be for Ra's to arrange for Malcolm to use Thea to kill Sara. Why would he want Sara dead? Ra's has always wanted an heir, with Sara around he was never going to get an heir. By using Malcolm to remove Sara, Ra's can remain blameless to nissa. By using Thea, Ra's insurers Oliver will fight him thus giving him a chance to judge a possible suitor for his daughter. Not only does this sound like Ra's, it's almost exactly like the storyline of "Birth of the Demon" the first story to feature Ra's.
    I could get behind this plot twist. This season really doesn't make much sense as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    That wouldn't work though Ra's al Ghul is mad at Malcolm for the Undertaking. But if Ollie brought Malcolm to the League Malcolm would have said Thea killed Sara so Ollie can't do that without harming Thea.

But I feel they should have let Malcolm help instead of using innocent civilians to help them take on Brick. Malcolm could have helped reduce casualties in the fight and if he happened to lose they will still have him out of the way so he wouldn't harm anyone again.
    Ollie or Green Arrow should tell Thea the truth about what Malcom did to her though and Laurel and Laurel needs to tell her dad.

Malcom wanted to leave town. Whole reason Thea is staying to fight is a big lie.

Ollie's plan was to go off and fight and die at Ra's Gul feet and leave his sister with a lunatic instead of telling her the truth.

Somebody needs to call Batman.
    Last edited by Who; 02-05-2015 at 04:23 PM.

New In Town
    What should have been one of the best episodes in the series, was simply bad. Felicity's reaction was a huuuuge mistake by the writers. A chance for a great comeback was ruined from poor direction/writing. Not to mention that Detective Lance recognizes Roy but not the rest of the group. Gave it a score only due to Arrow's return.

The episode was entertaining, but the season is lacking some common sense even for comic book story lines. I don't like the "Merlyn uses Thea to kill Sara" plot. Merlyn thinks himself a better warrior than Oliver and he masterminds a plan to get Oliver to face Ra's? WTF? So he can be a better father to Thea than Oliver has been a brother? Man up Merlyn, and go face Ra's yourself. I don't like the "Merlyn redemption" plot. Sarah was brought into the LoA by chance and she wasn't in an "angry at the world" frame of mind; yet she had problems converting to a non-killer. Now Merlyn: He had more years with the LoA and went there to be a trained killer and just told Thea not to hesitate or she'll be dead. He holds up from killing Brick, the man who murdered his wife. C'mon! Not remotely believable at all. Finally, the hero of the show faces a major, major, major traumatic event. He comes back from the dead and learns what? what? what? Still waiting for a hint of transformation, movement, insight, self-discovery? Well, it ain't coming. The plot device was used to get Arrow off the show for a little while so the other characters could develop. *sigh* What a waste. I hope all the secrets between characters coming crashing down soon and the writers start with a clean slate of building up the team relationships because the way they're twisted now is not working for me.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by dark sister View Post
    This episode shall be remembered as the episode where Ollie's wig stopped being the worst wig in the history of TV. That title belongs now to Malcom's wig.

But there is no need to worry my friends, because only the student may defeat the master, and just as Oliver will learn from Malcom, his wig will too, to be once again the worst wig to ever exist.
    Extreme logic in action folks!

Quote Originally Posted by tmeister305 View Post
    I love this episode. The one I hated was the ending between Oliver and Felicity, I'm really upset with what she said. She change since season 3 started and its clear in this episode. How was she okay with Oliver killing people in the past and now all of sudden she's mad because he's "training with Malcolm" to defend his self against Ra's. Oliver trying to do whats best for Thea so if she can't see that then definitely don't need to be together anytime soon. Whats funny is that I bet Laurel will be okay with it but yet people still will dislike her, not saying they will get back together but just a interesting thought.
    I agree with you totally. Laurel is actually pretty awesome this season and she's still getting all kinds of hate, while Felicity is getting a ton of screen time and I can't get behind her storyline. I find her really boring this year, which is sad, I liked Felicity a lot in season 1 and 2, but since they've made her the love focus for Oliver she's falling flat. She's a boring character now, even her humour is less funny. I like her scenes with Ray sometimes, but her and Oliver, I don't buy it. I also have really enjoyed her and Laurel's interactions lately, but the Olicity drama is too much. I also don't get how a couple of episodes ago she was encouraging Ollie to kill Ra's, now she's against him learning how to kill him? While I don't think Malcolm is the best person to work with, who else is he going to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    - Olicity. Honestly, if this is the way the show wants to go, then just go with it. Don't drag it out with pointless and over the top drama. That last scene imo just felt hysterical, awkward (or maybe that's because I still don't see Ollie and Felicity's chemistry as a romantic couple) and convoluted. How is Oliver's decision to train with Ra's suddenly a huge road block for him and Felicity getting together?

But there were positives: Vinnie Jones again, Roy really growing into his hero role, Laurel improving as Black Canary, Quentin finally becoming suspicious about Sara.
    I agree, I'm really annoyed with how much they're dragging Olicity out. Either put them together or don't. To be honest, I'd rather see her with Ray at this point anyway, not that I'm an Olicity fan, never have been. Their pairing falls really flat for me and I don't really see chemistry between them, but if the writers are dangling it and making it such a focus, just do it, put them together. Stop using them and the drama that you're creating as fan bait.

I am really impressed with how the writers are handling Laurel's transition to Black Canary, I'm really liking it. I've never hated Laurel, I actually like her, but season 2 was not a good year for her at all, but they are really redeeming her this year. I love it. Roy is also becoming a really great character. I didn't like him so much when they first brought him on the show but as he grew I liked him more and more, but I really love him now, especially as Arsenal. Vinnie Jones was amazing again, and finally Quentin knows.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post
    As season 3 moved to the winter break I saw why Susan Thomson left the show and returned to NCIS. I was going to make my decision of sticking around by watching Laurel's 3 episode arc and while it wasn't the best 3 episodes of the season it certainly was levels above the Olicity heavy episodes. Laurel still isn't the great vigilante that the city see's in Oliver nor even on par with her sister but she definately shows leadership abilities when she's not getting upsurped by the morally disturbed "kill Ra's al Ghul/don't train with Malcolm, he's a killer" Felicity. Felicity has become more immature than her Gothic college self with her "I don't believe in hell but both of them belong there" flip-flopping and holding it against those people that are out looking to do what they think is best while she sits at a computer and assisting with nothing more than information. I loved her final line in this episode and hopefully it killed Olicity from the rest of the season and the show as a whole. Don't get me wrong and think I'm a Lauriver shipper, I'm not. I just can't stand how Olicity has become a central part in the show so that everything has to revolve around Felicity when it's supposed to be focused on Oliver. I was starting to think "Arrow" should be renamed into "Felicity Smoak and her Superhero Crushes" seeing every season we have some new hero she's falling for (S1 Oliver, S2 Barry, S3 Ray...) and her gaining more and more airtime for these absolutely trivial romantic interests.

Loved seeing Sin and Ted this episode, sadly Ted won't be returning again but hopefully we'll get to see more of Sin. I REALLY enjoyed Roy and how he's stepping up even if the rest of the team (Diggle/Felicity) still belittle and look down on him. And even though I had a heavy rant about Felicity I did enjoy how she and Laurel worked together. A heavy downer was Diggle getting demoted to a phone operator monitoring 911 calls while Roy and Laurel were already out-manned on the streets.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsofnever View Post
    The Olicity melodrama continues to grate on my nerves, and I really wish the writers would just drop that subplot already. Or let them get together and stop with putting up stupid obstacles.

While I really enjoyed seeing Roy and Laurel kick butt side by side, I too didn't understand why Diggle was in the Arrowcave while the less experienced fighter was out on the streets. Unless Diggle wants to take a more hands-off approach to stay safe for his wife and daughter. Though if that was the case, it would have been nice to have a line covering that.

Finally, I'm glad that someone clued Quentin into the fact that it's not Sara in the suit. Here's hoping that we'll be done with that particular secrets and lies subplot as of next week, because that was yet more forced melodrama on the part of the writers and honestly, the show has enough organic drama that they don't really need to pile on melodrama for the sake of melodrama.
    Olicity is driving me insane. I have never been a fan of them as a romantic pairing and the more the writers drag it out the more I dislike it. If they are supposed to be together this season, stop dragging it out. Simple. If not, let it go and stop adding the drama.

I'm really loving Roy and Laurel out in the field together, but am so confused why Diggle isn't out there too. The only reason I can come up with is that he is choosing not to go in the field because he wants to be around for his daughter.

And I am also glad Quentin now knows about Sara, I just wish Laurel had told him.

Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    I don't think Ted Grant is killed off I just think he is just seriously injured just so he would be in the hospital and out of action so the actor can move onto his other show and later if he has time he can come back for an episode.
    I don't think Ted Grant is killed off, just injured, gives him a reason not to be around as much.

For me, I liked this episode, really loved Vinnie Jones just hits it out of the park, he's great. I'm happy Quentin knows something is up with Sara and Black Canary isn't her, I loved seeing Sin and Ted Grant again, Laurel and Roy as Black Canary and Arsenal are awesome, I really like seeing them in the field together and seeing Laurel grow as a vigilante, I was glad Ollie finally came back, I liked Laurel and Felicity interacting, I always love Diggle even when I don't, hahaha, I just couldn't get into that last Olicity scene, but I hope Felicity sticks with what she said about not wanting to be a woman Oliver loved and that's the end of them because I can't handle any more dragging that out. The focus of the show is being pulled too much toward that pairing. I also really liked seeing Sin and Roy interact again. Three things that bothered me, it was established that Rebecca called Malcolm when she was dying yet that was dropped here, how the heck did Ollie get back to Starling City so fast, and Laurel's reaction when she and Roy saw that arrow was great, I just wish there had been an actual reunion between the two.

I'd give the episode a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    The next thing, I thought it had been established that Malcolm's wife left him a voicemail asking for his help, yet when the police cam round, he didn't seem to know what had happened.
    Good catch, i had forgotten about that.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by markom97 View Post
    so whats gonna happen to Sin then? i heard that she is going to another tv show so their gonna find a way to kick her off...
    I don't think they will kick her off, she will just appear if the writing and scheduling allows it. Without Sara around then there isn't a great deal for her to be involved in, except for maybe the occassional scene when Roy needs someone to talk to about being Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk777 View Post
    Good catch, i had forgotten about that.
    Was the exact timeline ever established on that, previously? I thought I remembered Malcolm saying he was so angry at himself for ignoring her calls because he was busy, but then the cops informed him of what happened, and then is when he tortured himself by repeatedly listening to those voicemails as she called for help and lay dying.

Could just be my imagination and giving the writers/tptb the benefit of the doubt that they got it right - would have helped if they could squeezed in a few seconds in the flashbacks of him listening to those voicemails post-cop condolences and pre-murdering the supposed shooter.

Terrible, stupid, anticlimactic are the three words that come to mind to describe the train wreck that was this episode. Never mind the "will to live" BS with Oliver's survival from being stabbed twice which alone should've been fatal but then pushed off a ****ing cliff and falling what looked like at least a hundred feet and laying out in the freezing cold without so much as a broken bone or even a bruise from the fall. The stupidity of all the thugs with guns yet not one of them used them, I laughed HARD as Ted Grant getting smashed like he was nothing, what a waste of time (what little of it he's had) he's been, the actor took a role on another show but damn.. They should've just recast him, he was miscast in the first place anyway. Killing off Sara has been a huge waste thanks to how poorly everything since then has been handled.

I don't know what's been going on behind the scenes of this show in season three but whatever is going on has dragged this show down to where it's more frustrating than fun to watch this season.
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 02-05-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genny View Post
    I agree with you totally. Laurel is actually pretty awesome this season and she's still getting all kinds of hate, while Felicity is getting a ton of screen time and I can't get behind her storyline. I find her really boring this year, which is sad, I liked Felicity a lot in season 1 and 2, but since they've made her the love focus for Oliver she's falling flat. She's a boring character now, even her humour is less funny. I like her scenes with Ray sometimes, but her and Oliver, I don't buy it. I also have really enjoyed her and Laurel's interactions lately, but the Olicity drama is too much. I also don't get how a couple of episodes ago she was encouraging Ollie to kill Ra's, now she's against him learning how to kill him? While I don't think Malcolm is the best person to work with, who else is he going to go to?

I agree, I'm really annoyed with how much they're dragging Olicity out. Either put them together or don't. To be honest, I'd rather see her with Ray at this point anyway, not that I'm an Olicity fan, never have been. Their pairing falls really flat for me and I don't really see chemistry between them, but if the writers are dangling it and making it such a focus, just do it, put them together. Stop using them and the drama that you're creating as fan bait.

I am really impressed with how the writers are handling Laurel's transition to Black Canary, I'm really liking it. I've never hated Laurel, I actually like her, but season 2 was not a good year for her at all, but they are really redeeming her this year. I love it. Roy is also becoming a really great character. I didn't like him so much when they first brought him on the show but as he grew I liked him more and more, but I really love him now, especially as Arsenal. Vinnie Jones was amazing again, and finally Quentin knows.

Agree.

Olicity is driving me insane. I have never been a fan of them as a romantic pairing and the more the writers drag it out the more I dislike it. If they are supposed to be together this season, stop dragging it out. Simple. If not, let it go and stop adding the drama.

I'm really loving Roy and Laurel out in the field together, but am so confused why Diggle isn't out there too. The only reason I can come up with is that he is choosing not to go in the field because he wants to be around for his daughter.

And I am also glad Quentin now knows about Sara, I just wish Laurel had told him.
    Pretty much agree 110% with all this.

I should start out by saying that I will be going against a (big?) portion of the fanbase by saying I don't like 'Olicity', mainly because I don't like Felicity, or at least as she's scripted/directed to be portrayed on the show. I could go on for a very long time about all the reasons, but suffice it to say, the character is treated very unfavorably by the writers/directors/tptb, imho. And I must say I'm glad I'm not an O/F shipper, because I might actually be walking out on this series if last night's last scenes were an indication of where this 'relationship' is and is heading. Hell, even when they do get 'shippy' with them, SA/EBR don't play well off each other in those scenes, or at least I am blind to what I should I be seeing between the two - it always feels really awkward and cringeworthy. Like I said, I don't favor her character much, but if I did, I'd be shipping the hell out of Ray/Felicity, like hardcore. Now there is a 'ship with some spark and believability between the actors.

I try my best to stay out of the 'ship wars' altogether, but if there is an endgame I had to choose that would best fit, it'd be Lauriver/Canarrow. And maybe its because I prefer Laurel to Felicity as a character, but to me, the hints to a Lauriver endgame have been anvil-sized, right out of the gates. Both in real time and flashbacks.

As long as its just using Malcolm's knowledge and acquiring help/skills to better match Ra's and the LoA, the team should understand Oliver's reasoning behind 'working with' MM. Its not like he was saying he was bringing MM into the team and they were total BFF's now. A fight with RAG brought Oliver to the brink of death - why would using all available resources to get better and possibly avoid a similar (more permanent) outcome be a "stupid thing" to do? The world isn't always black & white, people. Its shades of gray, too.

I absolutely loathe this storyline about keeping Sara's death from Q Lance. Yes, the fear of it literally killing him is a real one, but how is prolonging the charade/lie helping matters in the slightest?! It just makes it all that much worse, in the end! There is NO WAY that he wouldn't have ever figured it out. If BC got seriously hurt and Laurel was also seriously hurt, but its not Sara in the hospital being treated for the Canary's injuries, it would become crystal clear what was up. What the writers/ptb are doing to Q Lance with this whole thing is insanely and inhumanely cruel; not to mention trashing not only Laurel's character, but all of Team Arrow in the process with all their help in the deception. Single most horrible 'secret' storyline in the history of, like, ever.

Forum Regular
    Hopefully in the Future Tatsu will show up in Starling then Oliver will drop Malcolm to train with Her.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast