No announcement yet.

Things that bothered me in this episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that bothered me in this episode

I loved the episode overall but two things happened where I was like "I am so confused what is going on or why it just got dropped"

1) When Wells was extremely mad at Cisco for letting out Hartley, he went on to tell the team. Then all of a sudden it was like it never happened and they were trying to catch the metahumans. It was an extremely weird transition for me to see. All of a sudden no one cared he was on the loose again and all is forgiven.

2) How long until the human rights activists or even the police put the whole star labs team in jail for keeping metahumans in cells. I see no toilets, food, that last cell was all mirrors! That is definitely a form of torture.

Just my two gripes. Overall loved the episode and Grogg!

Just my two cents:

1) IMO Wells was mad but not as much as you think, once Cisco told Barry and Caitlin what happened it was time to move on, PP is out but they had other problems, and I guess Wells gave Cisco a lecture before the others arrived. There was no reason to keep punishing Cisco. If you think about it, Joe and Wells were only in a few scenes, maybe I'm wrong, but I think this episode was used as a trial to see how the show might work once Wells is discovered and leaves the team. Maybe the writers wanted to see if they could make it work (and I'm gonna stop there because my imagination is already flying).

2) That meta-prison bothers me too, they lock the meta-humans in a tiny room where they can't move, they don't even have beds or anything to pass the time. I know is an action tv show and they probably didn't put much thought into the whole pipeline thing, and we are probably supposed to asume they take care of the prisioners, but yeah, they should adress the fact that they are locking people up (with no intention of letting them out or help them rehabilitate themselves) when they have no right to do so. Maybe help the goverment build a prison for meta-humans? I mean, the world knows the Flash is real, and the police have seen some meta-humans using their powers, so why doesn't Wells or maybe Cisco tell the authorities they can create a prison where their powers won't work?

Comment

I too have a bit of an issue with locking people away without a trial, but if that is the ONLY way to even hold them for a trial, I suppose I have to suspend my disbelief, as long as they have some sort of facilities (toilet, beds, etc) that we maybe cannot see? I do hope they explain this at some point soon.

But superheroes break all sorts of other laws that would get me in trouble with the law, besides holding people against their will. Like, every time Barry runs he breaks the speed limit. When he goes up the side of a building- I would get arrested for climbing up the outside of the same building. When he uses a wrench and busts out tunnel lights- I would get arrested for vandalism for doing that. It is obvious that heroes cannot keep from breaking laws, and no one seems to care (except Eddie and his task force a few episodes back).

I have to suspend my disbelief for all sorts of things like this just to watch any TV. The Superbowl last weekend, for instance... (j/k!)

Comment

I, too, wonder if they're even trying to meet the basic needs of their captives (food, water, a place to use the bathroom, a place to sleep, etc) but I also wonder why they thought it was a good idea for people who aren't trained to be prison guards to essentially be turned into that. Not to mention that they're wildly understaffed for how many prisoners they've got down there. If there's an escape, how are they going to handle it? What if the escape happens in the middle of the night when none of them are at work? I don't mind suspending disbelief, but it is a little much to ask in terms of how they're dealing with their rogues.

Comment

Why hasn't Wells been arrested yet for convincing to killing people and acknowledging he knew people could have died?

Comment

Now we know Stein is the reverse flash.

Comment

Peek-a-Boo didn't deserve to be locked up there either...

Comment

Originally posted by acer15
                Now we know Stein is the reverse flash.
                How do we know that?

Comment

Originally posted by JSnaples
                  Why hasn't Wells been arrested yet for convincing to killing people and acknowledging he knew people could have died?
                  This bothers the crap out of me. Even if not arrested, why not sued?

Comment

I was also curious about the Wells not getting all over Cisco like he has in the past. I wonder if Wells actually wanted Cisco to let PP escape? I've seen an idea floating around where Wells might be pitting dangers against Barry to help him hone his powers and speed up. Maybe Wells and PP have an agreement where they are working together on this, without telling Barry (or the rest of STAR labs?)

The locking people up issue - what else are they supposed to do? My only answer from this universe is to get them to ARGUS. They don't want the general (from an earlier episode) to get his hands on them. ARGUS would be a way to prevent that. And I'm sure Wells is aware of ARGUS. So I can only conclude that Wells has a reason for keeping them locked up, and I'm not entirely sure what it is. Maybe he is using them for research purposes?

I don't think the police are aware of the prison. Joe might be, but I recall Joe telling Eddie one time that they were the only two aware of the existence of the meta-humans. Now that Flash has been made public, it might become some reporters questioning what happens to the bad guys? Yeah, the police took away Cold and Heat Wave, but when PP destroys massive property, did not anyone question what happened to him?

For the people questioning it on some kind of humanitarian grounds, we don't know that this is a permanent solution for these bad guys. But I believe both of them need to be in there. Peek a Boo as well. Her list of crimes include breaking a murderer out of prison, aiding the murderer in armed robbery, aiding in attempted murder (remember the slow-mo bullet scene?). So yeah, no sympathy there, even if she is misguided. At least, not from me.

But they will need to address this issue, hopefully this season, of the lock up. I don't see it as a permanent solution.

Comment

The metahuman prison is more than a nuisance for me. It's reprehensible. I can't forget the smugness of Barry as he walked away from Tony at the end of episode 6, The Flash is Born. Then after the door closed, he lifted his arms in triumph as Cisco asked which bully they would get next. There was nothing triumphant about it. No one can argue that some of the metahumans can't be locked up anywhere but Star Labs, at least for the time being. But, the ease with which they did it. Did any of them lose sleep over it? AFAIK, Caitlin was upset at Ronnie being alive in his current state because it meant he might end up in one of those cells. Well, that was something but I'd like for one of the team (minus Wells who doesn't lose sleep over murder) members to show guilt or remorse or some sort of struggle with the ethics of it.

Maybe one day we'll see a toilet emerge from a wall along with a sink. Obviously, they're fed. The idea of being thrown in jail without a trial and facing an interminable sentence (why would anyone in that cell think differently) with no outside access, no rights, being at the mercy of your captors is torture. They also look like very, very small cells.

As for Shawna Baez aka Peek-a-Boo, her crimes are very serious but I don't think she's incapable of rehabilitation. I don't think she's that far gone. What of Well's crimes? He stuck a shiv in Simon Stagg— murdering him. Oh but it's for the greater good.... Yeah sure, that's what he says. That's what a lot of murderers say. I never take anything Wells says at face value anyway, not the least of which was his mea culpa.

I certainly hope they address, in this season preferably, the ramifications of what they've done with the prison but also Wells' responsibility as regards the PAE. Not only morally but also legally.

I think it's better that they're grey. Barry's an affable guy, good-natured but he's definitely grey. He's not some perfectly wholesome do-gooder.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎