Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantine Season 2: How can it happen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantine Season 2: How can it happen?

With only two episodes left, we as fans might have only two episodes of the series left to see. Beyond angelic intervention, what possibilities are there for a second season, realistically, since ratings still might not be what NBC would want?

Well, personally, my first thought is that ratings AREN'T that bad, especially for a Friday night on NBC. Grimm has dropped too, maybe not to the same levels, but it isn't as though it was going to be a blockbuster there. I do wish, though, that they had ordered the "back nine" to run a full season there, especially when it was announced Hannibal won't be back until summer.

I don't think the show would work better on another night, even though I'm sure there are people who think otherwise. While often times I don't get to see the show the night of and watch on DVR, I still watch it pretty fast, so if I had a Nielsen box it'd be within the Live+3 rating. But I like that NBC put something good on a Friday night, and on another night of the week I feel the show might be a little lost... though testing it after The Voice wouldn't offend me Actually, I think if the show aired after The Voice and then got bad ratings it would seal the show's fate, and nobody wants that.

But beyond that?

I think there's a long-term profit involved for the studio to keep Constantine going, because it's NOT a bomb. People are still discovering and liking the show, and I could see the show being huge on Netflix or something when it gets there. Some cancellations I understand, even if I like the shows... for example, I liked Red Band Society a lot, but I don't know how that'd do in repeats or how many people want to flock to a show about kids dying. Constantine has had a lot of good, scary one-shot episodes, and there seems to be a lot of life left in it. The fact that the cast can change and rotate Doctor Who-style is also appealing, in case of a move somewhere else. So, what are the options?

Well, there's Netflix, though I doubt they'd want a Netflix Original based on a DC property when they've got 4-5 Marvel shows coming. Hulu could be an interesting alternative, but I don't know how that works.

I'd suggest moving to The CW, keeping on Friday nights, but it might make their schedule way too DC-heavy. Still, The CW has kept some shows on the air beyond expiration date (Beauty and the Beast as an example) due to syndication/streaming/international deals so maybe that's an option. The biggest issue with The CW right now is they just renewed 8 series so it's not as though they have a lot of timeslots available.

Syfy has Krypton with David Goyer coming up, and Goyer is an executive producer on Constantine. Maybe they could pair somehow? Though, again, they've got their own plans, and maybe they won't mix.

Either way, I'm not ready to see Constantine go. What does everyone else think should be done?

Constantine Season 2 How can it happen

I really enjoyed this episode. It might be my favorite of the season. I missed Chas a little but Richie is a good character for Constantine to play off. I didnt really miss Zed, though.

Comment

Multiple places are reporting that Constantine might move to Syfy and they plan to change it to Hellblazer.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
        http://comicbook.com/2015/02/07/cons...-for-cult-hit/

Multiple places are reporting that Constantine might move to Syfy and they plan to change it to Hellblazer.
        That could be good. they can go a bit darker and curse.

Comment

I love that idea. It gets better ratings on Syfy anyway.

Comment

Well it's definitely been renewed, one of the people making the show tweeted that it "wasn't canceled"

Comment

Originally posted by dash142
              Well it's definitely been renewed, one of the people making the show tweeted that it "wasn't canceled"
              Great news. It is one of my favourite shows at the moment as it has pretty good writing to it and teases that really dark side to it but never goes into lovey dovey crap.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                That could be good. they can go a bit darker and curse.
                Which is really what it's missing by being on network TV. This shows needs to be dark.

Comment

You actually mentioned this really well.

Whoa all kinds of fantastic advice!|
                  Nicely put. With thanks. - http://www.******belgiquefr.com/

Comment

NBC will be streaming all of Season One on their website starting this Friday. I guess this is how they will determine whether or not there is an audience for a Season 2.

Comment

Matt Ryan was at a comic con here in Wales, met him today, he said talks are scheduled for tomorrow to discuss plans for a season 2 with NBC. They're hoping to hear by May 11th.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎