7 18.92%

13 35.14%

5 13.51%

1 2.70%

2 5.41%

0 0%

0 0%

1 2.70%
  • 1 - Ollie needs to come back to Starling, STAT.

2 5.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum Whiz
    Great episode. I kind of love the fact that Oliver has been a sub-plot in the last couple of episodes. The show has a really great cast which has really been showing in these last few episodes.

If it weren't for the fact that Laurel was pretending to be Sara she would probably be my favourite character. It's pretty disgusting what she is doing. Does she just expect her Dad never to find out?

Felicity continues to irritate me and Malcolm I find incredibly unlike-able. He can't even take responsibility for his sons death.

Don't like the fact that China White and Oliver knew each other from before we saw them in the present. I have never once gotten the vibe that they knew each other. It could be argued that China White has never seen Oliver's face and has only seen him as the Arrow but Oliver surely knows who she is but has never once referenced it. It's like the whole "I spent five years on an Island" all over again.

Super Moderator savingpeoplething's Avatar
    Still loving Laurel's journey to becoming Black Canary. Glad that Laurel is finally getting a friend who supports her (thanks, Felicity). Ray was as adorable as ever. This was the first time I've ever REALLY liked Roy (I never disliked him, but he got so many great moments in this episode to grow and be his own character instead of just a sidekick). And, I even enjoyed seeing the Ollie flashbacks mixed in with his recovery.

Solid episode! 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
    I agree they should have used the Pit. It would have made Oliver's "recovery" more credible.
    Same.
    Last edited by savingpeoplething; 01-29-2015 at 12:39 PM.

New In Town
    Oliver's recovery would be more believable if the six weeks we waited for a new episode had actually passed in their world between him being stabbed and falling and us seeing him recovering. But it appears it has only been a week or so, just like it has been for the ones in Starling City. This makes it seem more miraculous than simply "the cold stopped you from dying fast" and "your will to live was strong". I am hoping they explain it reasonably, even it is something to do with Alpha, Omega, Lazarus Pit Juice, something! I think they will at least try, but I think they should have already made that attempt so we do not form opinions about it that cannot be overcome by their later explanations.

I also agree with everyone that hates the lies being told Lance by his oldest daughter about his youngest daughter. This may be realistic for some people, perhaps those who live in soap operas, but it is simply not the way most of the audience lives or wants their heroes to live. For Pete's sake, even Felicity recognized Laurel in the suit on the TV! And she has less experience with Laurel than her own dad should have had...

Also Brick said twice he doesnt like to hit women. And then he mentioned he would make an exception in Laurel's case. But I think his instinct was still not to damage her, so she managed to escape. She was not good enough to get away, he was simply unconsciously not at his best when dealing with her. Also, while he has huge cajones, they appear to be less brick than his head. Just saying. I also find it funny, that while Laurel has no qualms about kicking him between the legs to get away, no male has yet hit or shot him there. Is this also an instinctual thing? How about it guys, do you think to hit "below the belt"?

And on a happier note, if the DJ is part of the LoA, he is more likely to die on screen. I definitely want to watch that scene. I would pay money to watch that scene. Can we start a petition to help make this happen?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    ^Maybe it is possible that Olivers storyline is present day while Starling City storyline is between those six weeks and it wouldn't catch up until Ollie comes back to Starling City.

Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post
    The only explanation I can have for both Malcolm keeping Thea in the dark about Ollie and Laurel (and Team Arrow) keeping Quentin in the dark about Sara is: these are subplots specifically made to deliver on melodrama. It is only going to make Malcolm look like a heartless, calculating lout (maybe this is what they want) and will undoubtedly cause unnecessary drama/friction between Laurel and her dad. The voice modulation stuff was out of left field and not sitting well with me.
    I completely agree. With the Quentin stuff. I see no other reason to do it or keep dragging it out except for the drama. It would be better to end it quickly (or not have done it all) so everyone can just move on. There's also the fact that it doesn't make Laurel look good. I've seen several people claim that the writers are trying to make them like her; but if that's the case, why do this? For melodrama as you said, which seems more important than how the characters involved might look to the viewer.

It's the first Arrow episodes I completely disliked. It seems to me everything was ridiculous.
    The Olicity kiss in a dream was just a bone thrown to us.
    The way they bought back Oliver to life is rubish. I hope that this is not over and maybe we'll discover something more interesting about this later. I'm so shocked the plot is so lame !
    Since when Laurel can jump through a window and be winched up into an helicopter ? The scene was very cool and I like this plot but I want to see her training first.
    Why Palmer is in every meeting with the mayor and the police ?
    Felicity convincing Laurel of of becoming BC ? This one is very disappointing because I always wanted Laurel and Felicity to be friends but not like this, did Felicity lost her mind ?
    Felicity looking after Palmer while Oliver's body is not even cold.
    Has Diggle still a position in Team Arrow ?
    And last but not least, Team Arrow faking Sara's voice. That was so cruel ! The man has already lost his daughter once. I can't watch this anymore, this scene was unbearable to me.

Arrow without Arrow doesn't work.
    Last edited by like a bird; 01-29-2015 at 02:12 PM.

New In Town
    Well, Halberdier, I thought of that... but when Maseo said he was leaving after the storm abated, it made it sound like the "grab Oliver from the ledge" and the "drop him off and gotta go" were rather close together. If all the scenes in the cabin were just Tatsu and Oliver, I could hope for this resolution... but since Maseo is still there (not back for a visit), then I have to believe it is basically in the same time frame as the Starling City storyline.

Also, the four LoA that show up looking for Maseo seem to be showing up because Maseo has been gone too long for the assignment he was given. He proposes that he was held up by the storm... so again, short timeline rather than long one is indicated.

I am so hoping they do a good job explaining this soon. Basically, physics (and online falling calculations found by google search) indicate that even if Oliver only fell 50 feet, he would be travelling at 38+ mph when he hit that rather solid looking rock ledge with very little snow on it. And the best way to die in a fall of even that "short" distance is to land flat on your back, due to spinal injuries (also complements of google)...

Now if he had landed in a deep fluffy snowbank, they might could explain it away. I suppose we could see a later flashback of a huge pile of show blowing away as the storm blows in, uncovering Oliver lying there on his back. But wouldn't that just be a little too convenient?

New In Town
    i am so glad the didn't use the pit for 1. the pit wasn't needed and 2. the pit is the single most toxic plot device any universe can have.

Forum Whiz
    Tatsu made a strange comment to Oliver something along the lines of "You had a very strong will to live."

I don't know much about the Lazarus Pit but do you just need to be exposed to it once in order to survive the wound you received at the time as well as any future wounds? Or do you repeatedly need to go to the Lazarus Pit after each would you receive?

I just thought it would be an interesting twist (if what I think works) if Oliver had been exposed to the Lazarus Pit before Ra's stabbed him. Or maybe Oliver had been exposed to something else, maybe on the Island, that would mean he could survive these types of injuries...

Didn't the mayor said that Brick's crew had been active for weeks now? Maybe Oliver has been gone longer than we think, of course it would be nice if they told us exactly how much time has passed since last episode.

Settling In
    I have a feeling that there IS more to Tatsu's saving Oliver. He just doesn't know it yet. His line where he said that what she gave him didn't taste like penicillin was a clear tip that there is more to it. Also, why did Tatsu have to come? If it was a matter of herbs and antibiotics then Maseo would have been able to do it himself. He brought her there for a reason. We hopefully will find out more later. I am glad they didn't use the pit. It can often have really bad side effects for the character. I want to see Oliver's character develop further- not regress.

I also thought that Felicity did a really good job. If you take both of the past episodes- you see her journey through grief- from someone who was completely ineffective and shut down- to someone who realizes that they need to step up and fight. I really don't think it was so much about propping up Laurel- but more about her coming to terms with why SHE (Felicity) is part of Team Arrow. Like she said, it's not about Oliver and Sara- it's about protecting those they care about. It's a bigger picture that Oliver got in this past year (being 'more' for the city than just a vigilante)

I am glad that Laurel suited up now. It's not just about vengeance for Sara- it's about being what the city needs. Vengeance gets old fast as a motivation- she essentially was becoming Helena. Being Canary is more for her now than getting revenge- and that's a good direction. I'm also fine with her pace- getting her butt handed to her a few times is a good thing.

I LOVED Roy in this episode. Way to actually step up! He was great in his scenes with JB and with Laurel.

While I always prefer Arrow with Oliver in it- I think it was good to do a few episodes of character development for the others. It's hard to push some of their stories forward without it. Will be interesting to see how the team reacts to him when he gets back. I think he will be none to pleased to find a new Canary.

This episode was great in my opinion. But the last scene left me thinking: I think the DJ/Chase is not just a simple League of Assassins member - I think it's Maseos son Akio.

Posting Pro
    Ok I very much enjoyed this episode. Very good character moments along with action. I really think there using this Laurel becoming Black Canary as a ground zero for her and I mean I'm going far back to season 1. Finally this character has a real place in the Arrow universe and I'm enjoying the acting that the character brings. Basically I just left all of my dislike about the various things of Laurel pre-canary in the trash and I'm enjoying the character for the way she is now.

In that manner of thinking I can find any major faults beside the obvious two. First one is Sara had to die for Laurel to get there but I prefer not to think about it. the second is of course Laurel keeping the truth about her sisters death from her father. Now the entire Team Arrow is on this. I mean it's just gone right down to a sickening disturbances that they would fall this low is inhumane. This fall out will not be pretty and these writers for drama purposes are stupid for carrying it out this long.

That I aside I enjoy the scenes with Oliver, Maseo and Tatsu. It's kind of the way I see what Slade and Shado could have been if season 2 didn't go down the way it did. I'm not giving to much of a gripe of Oliver coming back because of snow freezing his wounds and will power. We've seen him survive torture as a playboy back in season 1 to protect Yao Fei so with everything else going on sometimes we just need a simple explanation. Now that's not to say I'm not ruling out something of the Lazarus Pit like.

In the flashbacks I really liked them a lot. Oliver taking down thugs with out to much trouble and killing those guards with out hesitation reminds me all to well of the season 1 Oliver we are moving to.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by KevStar View Post
    This episode was great in my opinion. But the last scene left me thinking: I think the DJ/Chase is not just a simple League of Assassins member - I think it's Maseos son Akio.
    I don't think that's possible seeing as Chase isn't Japanese/Chinese.

Judging by everyones reactions, I'm convinced the son died in the flashbacks. Maseo gave China White the fake Omega/Alpha thing so then China White grabs the son in retaliation. Would explain the guilt he feels.

I thought the episode was good. Diggle/Roy trying do continue the mission, Felicity realizing the city needs them despite not having Oliver, Brick being a menace, the DJ kid being a spy (although I think he's annoying and I hope Thea doesn't see anymore of him), Malcolm telling Thea the reason for leaving and Thea saying they should stand up to the League (bless her!), and Laurel struggling with her new Canary role and at times I felt bad/embarrassed for her, but I glad she's has to work her way up to getting where she needs to be. The flashbacks were ok, although at times I feel the scenes don't flow well.

I know Oliver has to come back, and I know he will next week, but can't he just wait a little longer? I like seeing the other characters shine for the last two weeks and hope that doesn't go away when he returns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast