No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Sound and the Fury?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode.

It has left me with a lot more questions about Wells and Star Labs than before.

There is a part where Wells is using the tachyon device to impart some energy into his body. The computer tells him the levels are dangerous, and he proceeds.

We also see Wells falling to the ground, unable to walk, in another scene.

Is it possible that Wells has to use the tachyon or some type of tech to allow him to overcome a legitimate paralysis?

It makes me uncertain how he can be the MITYS when apparently his speed can evaporate so easily.

And i believe the streak he made was red also. I really need to rewatch. If he has a red streak, is it possible he was the red streak when Iris died, and someone else was a yellow streak? Or is this just a special effect and of no significance?

Thought everyone was great on the episode, but Wells was the star of this episode. It seems with each reveal he gets more mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by Syncer
      Hold on, how did Harrison Wells get back to his wheel chair if he was paraylzed and was not able to gain access to his speed?
      I noticed that too, but i figured he got over his paralysis, and went back to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk777
        Great episode.

It has left me with a lot more questions about Wells and Star Labs than before.

There is a part where Wells is using the tachyon device to impart some energy into his body. The computer tells him the levels are dangerous, and he proceeds.

We also see Wells falling to the ground, unable to walk, in another scene.

Is it possible that Wells has to use the tachyon or some type of tech to allow him to overcome a legitimate paralysis?

It makes me uncertain how he can be the MITYS when apparently his speed can evaporate so easily.

And i believe the streak he made was red also. I really need to rewatch. If he has a red streak, is it possible he was the red streak when Iris died, and someone else was a yellow streak? Or is this just a special effect and of no significance?

Thought everyone was great on the episode, but Wells was the star of this episode. It seems with each reveal he gets more mysterious.
        I think that Wells has ALWAYS used some sort of tech to give himself speed. His injury would have healed by now if he was a real speedster. (unless it's just more lazy writing).

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, except for a few moments near the end (more on that in a bit).

The Royal Flush Gang! I'm told they've made an appearance on Arrow (don't watch that show)? It just makes me happy to see the comic book nod there.

Wells walking and using his speed at his house. Anyone else notice he trailed red speed lines, not yellow? Edited to add: ah, I see others did note the color.
          Makes you wonder...at least it does me.

Hartley was fun. Arrogant and pompous but with the just the right amount of humor.

Iris and her storyline were rather boring to me. Though I did like that they acknowledged that she was hired only because of her connection to the Flash.

Cisco and Hartley fighting for Harrison's attention. When Wells went into his "there is no chosen one" speech I sat there going "he is so lying. There is a chosen one--Barry." I have thought, all along, that everything that Wells does is for/because of Barry. I'm guessing that's why he ignored Hartley's warning too. He knew it was going to blow, knew it was going to grant the Flash his powers and needed (wanted) that to happen. That's why he went ahead anyway. Or at least that's my theory.

So the big problem I had was Hartley trying to make a deal with Cisco. Piper saying he knows about Ronnie, okay I'll buy that. That he knows where to find him, okay, that seems a bit strange but maybe he does. But that he knows how to cure him? I find that hard to believe. I can't believe that Cisco would fall for that, either. Surely he would assume that Hartley was lying in order to gain his freedom? Piper's proven he's not the most trustworthy of people, after all. I guess I was just surprised that Cisco seemed not just brush it off. Also, why wasn't Hartley making that offer to Caitlin? If anyone would jump at the chance, you'd think it would be Ronnie's fiance?

But other than that, it was a very good episode (though I did think Barry's fight was a bit lacking. Usually Barry's smarter than this). Piper was a fun villain to watch.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing but, then I realized that Hartley thinks Caitlin has no emotions. Either that or it was just a battle of wits with Cisco.

Comment

I don't really have anything to say about this episode that hasn't already been said by somebody else, but I will say that I enjoyed the episode.

Comment

I gave this episode a 9. The villain of this episode is a bit crazy, but at least, Flash was able to defeat him. I know that he'll be back in a future episode.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎